blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:38:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Flights - Advice
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Flights - Advice  (Read 2973 times)
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »

Travelling over to play 2/3 events mid June.

Obviously loads of online flight discount sites but very difficult to find reviews on which ones are reputable and which ones are shite.

Anyone got any recommendations

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:24:57 PM »

They will all be indirect flights - adding many hours to the journey.  For a smidgeon more, go direct.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 07:26:49 PM »

Virgin have a new direct service from mancheter from April. Get in early

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:23:57 PM »

I always go Delta Airlines indirect, last June for about £400-£420, If you get the right flights can be there in 11-12 hours with stop, really depends on your budget, but I personally would rather have the £300 quid difference in my roll! Never had a problem with Delta, been 3 times with them now.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 08:49:16 PM »

As its about 10 hours direct, I've never seen an indirect flight anything close to that.  Clearing Immigration at some airports is also not good.  There's always something of a layover (or else a high probability you miss your connection) and the extra ground time adds up. 

With a bit of planning, sale fares are usually available in advance with Virgin c£500.  I went indirect once, and while I was waiting for the connection, worked out I would have already been in LV for £80 more direct.  I would have snap-paid it at that point to be there.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:56:11 PM »

This site is pretty good for working out best prices etc.

www.skyscanner.net

Flights are more expensive this year than last, I paid £535 with Virgin in Feb last year for June and it's already over 600 this year. Airlines obviously recovering lost monies from the Volcano disruptions, there's also a new tax too that has just been brought in.

I got mine for £545 after a lot of hunting around with BA direct, the price is gone now though. If you jiggle the dates around Virgin is still about 600 some dates, that's easiest done on their site though as I've never found Virgin cheaper elsewhere.

duncthehat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 11:01:47 PM »

ok guys cheers for advice.

Deffo want to go direct

blonde17

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:38 AM »

BA or Virgin to LA ...
A day or two in the Calafornia sun, and then a short 40 min flight to LV ...its the dogs bollocks. Driving from LA is also pretty good but takes 4-6 hours with a stop for the best Kentucky fried chicken in the world ( At Bairstow)
You will arrive rested and fresh, what more could you want?
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 04:04:43 AM »

BA or Virgin to LA ...
A day or two in the Calafornia sun, and then a short 40 min flight to LV ...its the dogs bollocks. Driving from LA is also pretty good but takes 4-6 hours with a stop for the best Kentucky fried chicken in the world ( At Bairstow)
You will arrive rested and fresh, what more could you want?

im gonna do this. i like your style!
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 06:37:19 AM »

Deffo want to go direct

When looking at Virgin prices, sign up to the Virgin Flying Club (free) and check the 'Miles Plus Money' price. If it is more than £45 cheaper, which it usually is, you can buy the 2000 miles required for £45.

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
duncthehat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 04:29:57 PM »

cheers Rio.  Shows how far out of touch i am.  Last time i went it was like £300 return!!

WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 07:38:28 PM »

If you get a Virgin Black Card and put all your spending on it (and make sure you pay off each month) you should have enough miles for a Upper Class flight to LA (impossible to get them to LV I think, bigger plane but smaller Upper Class) after a Year or Two, then internal Southwest/Americas Worst etc from LAX, nice and bumpy on the way in OR a couple of days in LA maybee a Chargers or Dodgers game depending on time of year then off to LV, recomend flying from Burbank, quieter and quicker than LAX and closer to some parts of LA like Hollywood etc. Have driven it a few times but once you get out of LA it is really boring and driving in LA is scary!!!!!
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 05:50:38 PM »

Deffo want to go direct

When looking at Virgin prices, sign up to the Virgin Flying Club (free) and check the 'Miles Plus Money' price. If it is more than £45 cheaper, which it usually is, you can buy the 2000 miles required for £45.

yes but then you don't get any miles credited where a normal fare would get you 9k miles which would give future discounts, comes down to which suits better

prices are horrible this year, economy is looking around the £700 mark, I booked a couple of days ago for July 8th , £831 econ out premium back, normally pay similar for premium both ways

Moskvich

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 05:57:20 PM »

If you get a Virgin Black Card and put all your spending on it (and make sure you pay off each month) you should have enough miles for a Upper Class flight to LA (impossible to get them to LV I think, bigger plane but smaller Upper Class) after a Year or Two, then internal Southwest/Americas Worst etc from LAX, nice and bumpy on the way in OR a couple of days in LA maybee a Chargers or Dodgers game depending on time of year then off to LV, recomend flying from Burbank, quieter and quicker than LAX and closer to some parts of LA like Hollywood etc. Have driven it a few times but once you get out of LA it is really boring and driving in LA is scary!!!!!

I don't make a habit of +1ing, but +1 to this... Not recommended straight after a 14-hour flight with no sleep. 7 lanes of traffic and no 'lane discipline' whatsoever...
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 06:08:43 PM »

I don't make a habit of +1ing, but +1 to this... Not recommended straight after a 14-hour flight with no sleep. 7 lanes of traffic and no 'lane discipline' whatsoever...

14hr flight, what route are you taking!

If i wasn't flying direct LA would be quite cool, couple of days then max 4hr drive across (just don't leave in rush hour)

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: