blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:25:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 27496 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »

Ya, go to isohunt.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 05, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

Starting to feel like it really wont get going until about series 4 or 5, lots of seeds being planted and not much going on. Liking it though. I reckon Joffrey will have pubes by the time it finishes for good.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 05, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »

I love watching this but never have any idea what's going on outside of the particular storyline they're focusing on, the big picture is going over my head and I never have any idea who is who. think I'm gonna give the books a read before the next season, should help me figure it out

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »

I love watching this but never have any idea what's going on outside of the particular storyline they're focusing on, the big picture is going over my head and I never have any idea who is who. think I'm gonna give the books a read before the next season, should help me figure it out

+1 to all this apart from the reading bit. There seem to be lots of little things going on everywhere and I can't keep up. Might help if I concentrated a bit more I suppose.

I'm going to guess that by the end the bird with the dragons wins.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 05, 2012, 07:04:37 PM »

that's what you'd expect from a normal series but after the rather unexpected death at the end of season 1 I'm not assuming anything. hope she does win though, she can rule me anyday

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: June 05, 2012, 07:07:13 PM »

that's what you'd expect from a normal series but after the rather unexpected death at the end of season 1 I'm not assuming anything. hope she does win though, she can ruin me anyday

fyp

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 05, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »

Cant stand the Dragon bird. I reckon Sean Bean's bastard son who is trapsing about in the snow will be the winner in the end, and that the little girl who pretends to be a boy will be the one to kill Joffrey. Also think the massive blonde bird in the armour will get it together with the massive bearded bloke in the armour.

Peter Dinklage is the best thing about it (and the violence and the boobies).
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:24 PM »

yeah, def expect jon snow to have a major say in events later on

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2012, 09:56:32 PM »

yeah, def expect jon snow to have a major say in events later on

Well it's called A Story of Fire (Dany?) and Ice (Jon Snow?) so I reckon those two will either be knocking boots or knocking swords by the end of the series.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2012, 09:58:21 PM »

fwiw, I could've watched a whole series of Arya and Tywin or Tyrion and Bronn, both pairs have amazing chemistry. Brienne and Jamie looks a promising pairing too.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2012, 09:59:01 PM »

I don't think its that hard to follow.

Maybe in the final eps they didn't explain very well that Robb Stark's chief advisor guy Roose Bolton: http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/File:Roose_tvseries.jpg had his son Ramsey Snow (Snow is the surname for all that are bastard born) take 500 men to Greyjoy and his crew in Winterfell to deliver the message.

And it was poor that they said that the boys had to move North because "they might come back". Could've come up with something better than that I thought. In the books I believed they left much sooner.

Is it right that magic and the walking dead ppl at the end exist again because of dragons being alive again?

My least favourite part of the story is all the Danaerys parts (the girl with the dragons), but I love all the rest, especially the bits with Arya and Tyrion (supposed to be everyones 2 favourite characters I guess). Lord Varys is pretty com too.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 05, 2012, 10:04:16 PM »

tbf Brent, Dany's story is so good in the first book that it takes a while to get going again after that. The Boltons are gonna get very interesting in season 3 imo.

Because they need to keep the narrative going and there are characters that don't appear in whole books they have to stretch out storylines so you don't forget about them. They've already said that from series 2, it's going to be less 'directly from the book' and more 'based on' so that they can move stuff around to fit a TV narrative.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 05, 2012, 10:18:06 PM »

Good point about stretching the storylines out, I guess they have to do that.

Martin hasn't written the 6th book yet and will probably take another 3 or 4 years to write the 7th and probably final one (wants to keep it linked with seven kingdoms etc.) so they will have to space the series' out to a certain extent  Sad

It'll be like Harry Potter, some of the characters (the minority that never die) will have to be in it filming in it for like 10 years!

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »

Hope the Ginge wildling gets more of a role, she is utter filth and if I was Snow I would be bashing it all over the gaff.

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2012, 10:21:58 AM »

Hope the Ginge wildling gets more of a role, she is utter filth and if I was Snow I would be bashing it all over the gaff.

loool +1

i love her!

Also, after checking this thread it makes me want to read the books. lol books! i need to come to my sense's quickly!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:24:42 AM by Amatay » Logged

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: