blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  smashedagain
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smashedagain  (Read 158434 times)
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: April 17, 2012, 11:26:15 AM »

So true Woodsey. On that cruise tikay a friend of ours Tiger Lilly from hull had a rather nasty accident and ended up trying to take laddies to court over it. Seabass was the golden girl at the time and it was no suprise that Norman was the entertainment. Never went on a cruise due to the fact I have been ill every single time I have been on a ferry. Must have made 50 ferry crossing and am 50 for 50 from being I child when my dad was in the army in Germany and we would drive back to the uk a couple of times a year through to my adult life were I would go to match fishing festivals to Ireland a couple of times a year. The sea can be like a mill pond and it still does not stop me being sick

IIRC, it was "c-bass", not seabass, but I may be wrong. (Norman Pace's wife, Bev). She does a tremendous amount of charity work these days, for children with epilepsy.

C Bass was correct, the cruise you went on was it the same one Des Wilson (swimming with the devilfish) went on? he was frerolled by Laddies also for the WSOP to do a diary, got to know Des very well playing in Cornwall on the local circuit there, really nice gentleman.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 17, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »

Jason, i do not know you at all, but you be little'd my m8 who is a lot younger than you! You hendon mob'd him at the table, and announced it at the table .At the end of the day you have have been playing for for many years  and have a very few flags incomaprison!!!!! Really who do you think you are?  you think you are some sort of legend !!! but in reality you are some sort of ken barlow of the poker world !!!!!!! gg nh wp lego head

TBF, I was at the table when he made 1 of his Hendon Mob jokes (dunno if it was your mate or not) and as well as finding it hilarious I thought it was obv to the whole table he was joking.  It was #3 in the Jason Herbert hilarious quotes of the weekend list
Lol Ty. I never set out to upset anyone and just try to use a bit of comedy to ease the tension etc. I would be mortified if I got put in the same group as Andy Bradshaw, Ade Akywotsit and Chinese Frankie Smiley

I am very aware of the fact that I am representing the blonde community so try not to cross the line if I can help it. Tbh I had a good weekend and had a great laugh with lots of people

I had Ade on my table on day 2 at the weekend. He came to the table and obv I knew who he was. I welcomed him to the table and asked him his name and we had a bit of banter, he was actually quite pleasant for once.

At one time one of the photographers took his picture

Ade: "I hope you got my good side"

Geo: "You'd need to be upside down on your chair for him to do that Ade"

Cue the table all laughing, however he took it well.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 17, 2012, 11:39:29 AM »

Jason, i do not know you at all, but you be little'd my m8 who is a lot younger than you! You hendon mob'd him at the table, and announced it at the table .At the end of the day you have have been playing for for many years  and have a very few flags incomaprison!!!!! Really who do you think you are?  you think you are some sort of legend !!! but in reality you are some sort of ken barlow of the poker world !!!!!!! gg nh wp lego head

TBF, I was at the table when he made 1 of his Hendon Mob jokes (dunno if it was your mate or not) and as well as finding it hilarious I thought it was obv to the whole table he was joking.  It was #3 in the Jason Herbert hilarious quotes of the weekend list
Lol Ty. I never set out to upset anyone and just try to use a bit of comedy to ease the tension etc. I would be mortified if I got put in the same group as Andy Bradshaw, Ade Akywotsit and Chinese Frankie Smiley

I am very aware of the fact that I am representing the blonde community so try not to cross the line if I can help it. Tbh I had a good weekend and had a great laugh with lots of people

I had Ade on my table on day 2 at the weekend. He came to the table and obv I knew who he was. I welcomed him to the table and asked him his name and we had a bit of banter, he was actually quite pleasant for once.

At one time one of the photographers took his picture

Ade: "I hope you got my good side"

Geo: "You'd need to be upside down on your chair for him to do that Ade"

Cue the table all laughing, however he took it well.

Geo
Yes I love people like this in the game andMad Turk is my fav it has to be said.

The craic is just as important as the result and at Dtd with everything being run smoothly it makes it much easier to relax and enjoy yourself

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #498 on: April 17, 2012, 12:45:35 PM »

Ken Barlow. 

Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 17, 2012, 12:49:50 PM »

Nice diary
<3

Ah! The element of surprise
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 17, 2012, 12:53:52 PM »

Ken Barlow. 

Cheesy
Lol. Will bring your money to grand prix Sunday. Do you know how to do bank xfers. Might give you £75 for cos and £20 for Trigg to clear my creditors list.

It's not my diary Andrew

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 17, 2012, 01:31:31 PM »

Smiley

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 17, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »

Jason, i do not know you at all, but you be little'd my m8 who is a lot younger than you! You hendon mob'd him at the table, and announced it at the table .At the end of the day you have have been playing for for many years  and have a very few flags incomaprison!!!!! Really who do you think you are?  you think you are some sort of legend !!! but in reality you are some sort of ken barlow of the poker world !!!!!!! gg nh wp lego head

TBF, I was at the table when he made 1 of his Hendon Mob jokes (dunno if it was your mate or not) and as well as finding it hilarious I thought it was obv to the whole table he was joking.  It was #3 in the Jason Herbert hilarious quotes of the weekend list
Been waiting all day for #2 and #1..... A lot of my material is my own work but have learnt  a lot from Lawrence Gosney Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 17, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »

Just caught up now and lots to post but I'm just about to finish my infusion so will do it when I get home. Some great memories been stirred up over the last couple pages that's for sure Smiley

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #504 on: April 17, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »

Ken Barlow. 

Cheesy
Lol. Will bring your money to grand prix Sunday. Do you know how to do bank xfers. Might give you £75 for cos and £20 for Trigg to clear my creditors list.

It's not my diary Andrew

Don't think I'll be there on Sunday, Ken.  No rush though.  I'm going to try and spin up the winnings and then give you 50% of any profit.  Likely to be zero, but with a bit of luck...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #505 on: April 17, 2012, 03:14:10 PM »

There's only oneeeeeee Jason Herbert, oneeeeee Jason Herbert

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=107845

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #506 on: April 17, 2012, 03:28:00 PM »

Ahh Ladbrokes....  Those were the days....  The Sunday Lunch...  The 'Who's the Daddy'   The $100 re-buy. (What value that was for a nit)

Poker was great before I new enough to realise I was crap.

The older I get, the better I was.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 17, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »

There's only oneeeeeee Jason Herbert, oneeeeee Jason Herbert

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=107845
Lol. I think that guy is some sort of mma cage fighter type.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 17, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »

Lol cardigans. Won't be playing in anything other than those mickey mouse hoodies from now on. No matter how well or bad I play, those hoodies are good for results so at the risk of looking a prick I'm gonna have to keep wearing em.

As for online poker Marky I have fond memories of those days but would never wish to return to playing 8 hour days and now only play online when I need to win cheap seats into comps. The game has moved on beyond all recognition and I have had the opportunity to watch at first hand some of the best uk online players during their usual Sunday grind and tbh I think I would prefer a job on the checkout at tesco scanning beans all day Smiley

I left the navy in 2003 and was working as a roofer in 2004, I had been doing ok then won 8k during the xmas period and was due to go back 1st week in January. Slating a roof in during those months was anything but fun so when he said ok take the first week in January off and start back the week after I took a sabbatical and never went back. Shows how easy it must have been then if I was able to make plenty of dough  Grin

I had to treat it as a job so would go to the office with my old man, reg for all tourneys from 10am-3pm and play those out going home once finished. I'd have teat at home and then reg for everything up until the $44 Graveyard tourney at 2am. I couldn't get enough and played that schedule most days for an age, I thought I was a lot better than I was which is standard but back then it was like printing money. Shame I didn't have the drive and dedication people like Lil' Dave, Keys and the other guys who crush have. It was fun though and deffo beat humping tiles up onto the scaffold!

I turned into a tool though and the way things went in the following years I'm glad things turned the way they did. I wasn't too bothered when the Dr told me to find something more stable to do as I needed some structure and life>>>>>> poker. I went completely the other way though and only splash about in bowl comps now and it's much less stressful and I can still win (just about) Cheesy

Have to say though I've made more good friends through poker than I did in 4 years in the Navy and probably have as many close friends through poker as I do from home strange as that may be. I must be getting on now recounting the old days like I should be plotted up in front of the fire with my pipe and slippers  Tongue

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 17, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »

I didn't go on the 2004 cruise, I did go on the one Tony is referring to after chopping the Ladbrokes Tallinn comp in the November. I had agreed with a swedish popstar who came with another swedish friend of mine and Kunku,  Leecz000r that we'd take the other as our guest if either of us won. We ended up getting heads up so it was just playing to see who got the main event ticket which was $5.5k as Tikay said which he won fml. I still got to play thanks to Badbeat who put me in along with a few other traders too.

Rach still posts on KrackedKings Graham but starmac I don't really remember.

Bev Pace's alias is cbass and Norman was the compere for the night and I think the female comedienne was Lucy Porter I think. Great trip and I'd imagine that was the last time a ferry company ever hired out a whole ship to poker players Cheesy

Shedboymuff I speak to regularly he still grinds away until his son Evan starts school and then he's going back to work. Visa I speak to occasionally too and he's still grinding away also Smiley

Punkfloyd is my boss now and used to be Strummer's before he left last year to do his own thing.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: