blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:57:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  smashedagain
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smashedagain  (Read 158501 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: April 17, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »

I remember your name from laddies.

I played the 1st day one finishing 12/55 if i remember rightly top 9 went through to day 2

My starting table included Hellraiser to my left, and Devilfish (i hit quads against his house  Smiley )

Laddies was very good to me. I could never put in the volume to get high up the leader boards as I work full time, but I shipped all the main weekly tourneys at least one on there, some more than once.  Smiley
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: April 17, 2012, 09:40:04 AM »

I was Titteryenot on Laddies and must have played every night for about five years on there.

I remember Mickey147 well and used to ask who was playing the account that night Mickey or Marky.

ActionJack is one of the only guys I know who types as fast as he talks and he talks fast. He was absolutely hilarious in the chat-box, the perv.

My best week on there was when I came 4th in both The Daddy on Tuesday and the Sunday $100k.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: April 17, 2012, 09:48:10 AM »

I use to love watching actionjack chat, so many people just never got him!!!

I was very rarely a big winner in MTTs but I did ok on the SnGs, the thing I really remember is the regular 'big winners' like AJ, Sealey, yes even Red Dog ALWAYS had time to chat and answer sensible questions in a positive way something I was always grateful for.

Tikay: the cruise sailed out of Venice, not sure about the storm but I was pretty pissed after the welcome party thrown by Laddies  Wink

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: April 17, 2012, 09:56:23 AM »

He he. Look what us old duffers have started now.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 17, 2012, 09:58:56 AM »

I use to love watching actionjack chat, so many people just never got him!!!

I was very rarely a big winner in MTTs but I did ok on the SnGs, the thing I really remember is the regular 'big winners' like AJ, Sealey, yes even Red Dog ALWAYS had time to chat and answer sensible questions in a positive way something I was always grateful for.

Tikay: the cruise sailed out of Venice, not sure about the storm but I was pretty pissed after the welcome party thrown by Laddies  Wink

Ahh, different Cruise, the one I referred to sailed out of Miami. Probably 2005, or thereabouts. Even then, I was being given freebies. Wink

I was, ostensibly, there to blog, & write puff articles for Laddies on a Daily basis.  But once we set sail, & with limited wifi capacity, they refused to allow me use of the wifi. So I ended up writing articles every single day - quite decent ( by my standard, too) - but not one ever saw the light of day.

5 or 6 days into the Cruise, Jesse May (associated with Laddies then) told me that the Laddies Cruise Manager had complained that I had not published any stuff, so he felt I was freeloading. I explained why, he said he would get back to me. That was the last I heard.

Low point of the cruise was Devilfish doing a "turn" on the last night, with his guitar. Norman Pace was the resident entertainer, as I recall.

I had not planned to play the Main Event, it was $5,000 or whatever, but several friends suggested that they would like buy some of my action, & soon, 75% was sold. I busted the Tourney on Day one, & my biggest investor, for 25%, failed to pay up. Win some, lose some.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: April 17, 2012, 09:59:39 AM »

He he. Look what us old duffers have started now.

Its fun to dream what it was like back then  Cheesy
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: April 17, 2012, 10:03:49 AM »

I also played on Laddies, I played as BigSpike before they merged and i was forced to change my name. Did well on the money front and made it high up on the leaderboards a few times.

Other names i remember that i haven't seen people mention: shedboymuff, VISA2005 and new1home.

Wildrick is responsible for the worst beat i have ever taken deep in a biggie i flopped a boat with kk on kjj flop, he got it in with aq, I actually laughed at my screen.. turn j, river j. geeeeeg. Obv i still haven't forgot it 8yrs later..

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: April 17, 2012, 10:12:34 AM »

So true Woodsey. On that cruise tikay a friend of ours Tiger Lilly from hull had a rather nasty accident and ended up trying to take laddies to court over it. Seabass was the golden girl at the time and it was no suprise that Norman was the entertainment. Never went on a cruise due to the fact I have been ill every single time I have been on a ferry. Must have made 50 ferry crossing and am 50 for 50 from being I child when my dad was in the army in Germany and we would drive back to the uk a couple of times a year through to my adult life were I would go to match fishing festivals to Ireland a couple of times a year. The sea can be like a mill pond and it still does not stop me being sick

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: April 17, 2012, 10:20:24 AM »

Because my name was titteryenot every time I was on the same table as a scandie player named marton I used to call him matron a la carry on movies. He of course didn't get it but all the brits found it hilarious.

Marton thought I was his best buddy on there.

I remember VISA2005 well I used to play with him a lot, also punkfloyd, bigTR, and strummer.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: April 17, 2012, 10:24:13 AM »

Because my name was titteryenot every time I was on the same table as a scandie player named marton I used to call him matron a la carry on movies. He of course didn't get it but all the brits found it hilarious.

I remember VISA2005 well I used to play with him a lot, also punkfloyd, bigTR, and strummer.
Yeah I have recommended a few people to badbeat the last one was a German/Croatian lad last year called Marko. Don't hear to much about em tho. Right off shopping with twins and wife

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: April 17, 2012, 10:25:34 AM »

So true Woodsey. On that cruise tikay a friend of ours Tiger Lilly from hull had a rather nasty accident and ended up trying to take laddies to court over it. Seabass was the golden girl at the time and it was no suprise that Norman was the entertainment. Never went on a cruise due to the fact I have been ill every single time I have been on a ferry. Must have made 50 ferry crossing and am 50 for 50 from being I child when my dad was in the army in Germany and we would drive back to the uk a couple of times a year through to my adult life were I would go to match fishing festivals to Ireland a couple of times a year. The sea can be like a mill pond and it still does not stop me being sick

IIRC, it was "c-bass", not seabass, but I may be wrong. (Norman Pace's wife, Bev). She does a tremendous amount of charity work these days, for children with epilepsy.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: April 17, 2012, 10:26:26 AM »

I bumped into Big TR only last week, can't recall where. He's not changed one bit.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #492 on: April 17, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »

I was on that cruise too  Smiley

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: April 17, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »

Jason, i do not know you at all, but you be little'd my m8 who is a lot younger than you! You hendon mob'd him at the table, and announced it at the table .At the end of the day you have have been playing for for many years  and have a very few flags incomaprison!!!!! Really who do you think you are?  you think you are some sort of legend !!! but in reality you are some sort of ken barlow of the poker world !!!!!!! gg nh wp lego head

TBF, I was at the table when he made 1 of his Hendon Mob jokes (dunno if it was your mate or not) and as well as finding it hilarious I thought it was obv to the whole table he was joking.  It was #3 in the Jason Herbert hilarious quotes of the weekend list

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: April 17, 2012, 11:17:49 AM »

Jason, i do not know you at all, but you be little'd my m8 who is a lot younger than you! You hendon mob'd him at the table, and announced it at the table .At the end of the day you have have been playing for for many years  and have a very few flags incomaprison!!!!! Really who do you think you are?  you think you are some sort of legend !!! but in reality you are some sort of ken barlow of the poker world !!!!!!! gg nh wp lego head

TBF, I was at the table when he made 1 of his Hendon Mob jokes (dunno if it was your mate or not) and as well as finding it hilarious I thought it was obv to the whole table he was joking.  It was #3 in the Jason Herbert hilarious quotes of the weekend list
Lol Ty. I never set out to upset anyone and just try to use a bit of comedy to ease the tension etc. I would be mortified if I got put in the same group as Andy Bradshaw, Ade Akywotsit and Chinese Frankie Smiley

I am very aware of the fact that I am representing the blonde community so try not to cross the line if I can help it. Tbh I had a good weekend and had a great laugh with lots of people
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 11:20:44 AM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: