blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:58:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1146536 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3030 on: November 29, 2015, 01:10:01 PM »

^ Paying for home advantage and a rematch clause, that'd come out of Vlad's end.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: November 30, 2015, 02:12:42 AM »

Anyone out there daft enough to give Fury a chance?

No.  This looks one of these type of spots where Fury should be a 10/1+ poke to me.  Why would the ruskie even take the fight if he ever thought the guy should a chance of beating him realistically?

Fury was mandatory challenger.

The cat's out of the bag regarding Vlad's clinching, without it he ain't so great and it might catch up to him before he retires.

Plus the Fury's are quite shrewd. Hate to say all this cus Tyson will probably get pummeled.

He would just retire surely if he thought he had any realistic chance of losing this fight?  He surely doesn't need the money.  Out of interest how much will they be on for this ruck each?  I haven't got a clue.  More or less than Froch/Groves at Wembley for example?

Fury would be on a 20 to 25% share of the purse. A private deal was reached, but BoxNation were ready to bid £12million.

edit: word is he got £5mill.

All the costs come out of that, yeah? Fees/salaries for managers, trainers, sparring partners, other retinue, training venue hire, everyone's accommodation, fees to sanctioning bodies and so on. Wonder how it splits out and how much the boxer ends up with net.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: November 30, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »

Anyone out there daft enough to give Fury a chance?

No.  This looks one of these type of spots where Fury should be a 10/1+ poke to me.  Why would the ruskie even take the fight if he ever thought the guy should a chance of beating him realistically?

Fury was mandatory challenger.

The cat's out of the bag regarding Vlad's clinching, without it he ain't so great and it might catch up to him before he retires.

Plus the Fury's are quite shrewd. Hate to say all this cus Tyson will probably get pummeled.

He would just retire surely if he thought he had any realistic chance of losing this fight?  He surely doesn't need the money.  Out of interest how much will they be on for this ruck each?  I haven't got a clue.  More or less than Froch/Groves at Wembley for example?

Fury would be on a 20 to 25% share of the purse. A private deal was reached, but BoxNation were ready to bid £12million.

edit: word is he got £5mill.

All the costs come out of that, yeah? Fees/salaries for managers, trainers, sparring partners, other retinue, training venue hire, everyone's accommodation, fees to sanctioning bodies and so on. Wonder how it splits out and how much the boxer ends up with net.

Back in the day Don King would find a way to take nearly every cent of a fighters pay cheque.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3033 on: December 03, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »

Flanagan 1/4

Gift
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 04:04:50 PM by Bazzaboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: December 09, 2015, 06:14:58 AM »

Fury stripped of IBF title already

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35047606

Presume they would have known this was possible before beating Wlad?
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: December 09, 2015, 07:29:16 AM »

Fury stripped of IBF title already

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/35047606

Presume they would have known this was possible before beating Wlad?

Yes, Glazkov was due, but this couldn't of happened any quicker.

Glazkov - Charles Martin has been ordered and Martin has subsequently pulled out of Saturdays fight against Dominic Breazeale. It's a shame cus Martin odds against was a rick.

Does make you wonder who the IBF want as their champion. Cunningham - Glazkov as a final eliminator was super meh.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: December 09, 2015, 03:19:37 PM »

Chisora has been added to Saturday's bill. Que Chisora - AJ to happen in 2016.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: December 11, 2015, 11:04:26 AM »

Jnr being a bigger price to beat Spike than AJ is to beat Whyte doesn't seem right to me. The Eubank price is wrong. Spike didn't win a round against BJS, he only wins a round against Eubank if he lets him. Spike wasn't too far away from getting stopped by BJS towards the end so the heavier hands of Eubank should get him out of there by the mid rounds.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: December 11, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »

Sky Sports News are showing the weigh in live at 1pm.

1:30
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 01:56:44 PM by McGlashan » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: December 11, 2015, 01:45:30 PM »

is the Jshua fight another patsy opponent?

if so is there still demand to watch one sided stuff?

if so at what stage does it get tougher? how far away is he from challenging for a world title if it goes as planned?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: December 11, 2015, 02:12:37 PM »

Kind of. He's 1/8 to win. On one hand it's a short price, on the other hand it's the biggest price of his career. Dillain is the first guy he's been in with who can legitimately punch.

Yes. There's enormous interest in AJ from the general public. He's the fan's favourite like Bruno was to Lennox Lewis. That was to be expected but I underestimated the media backlash against Tyson Fury.

if so at what stage does it get tougher? how far away is he from challenging for a world title if it goes as planned?
12-18 months for a world title shot (basically that's the cycle for the next round of mandatory title shot's and he's a shoe in to get one). He's needs more experience but he's so much better than most fringe contenders there aren't many tough fights out there for him.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: December 11, 2015, 02:15:16 PM »

Sky have been keen to point out Whyte beat him six years ago when they were amateurs. Joshua has been boxing less than a year and it's fair to say he's moved on a little since then...

Joshua is top ten in most rankings now. He'll do Whyte away, you'd expect. I'd give him one decent fight next summer, a big fight in a year's time and line up for Fury at Wembley in June 2017.

As to his appeal, he looks like an athlete and hits hard. That's rare these days in that division. Seems he's moved on from his conviction, too, which adds to the story.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: December 11, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »

The Villian isn't a patsy. However that doesn't mean that AJ won't blow him away like he has with everyone else
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: December 11, 2015, 04:06:29 PM »

Thoughts on Eubank Jr. to win on points?

The way i see it, he is going to grind his way to a wide points win, he doesnt have huge punching power from what i have seen, and they both seem to have solid chins, but Eubank Jr's superior technical ability should so him home, is 9/2 good value? I think it is.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: December 11, 2015, 04:21:16 PM »

Thoughts on Eubank Jr. to win on points?

The way i see it, he is going to grind his way to a wide points win, he doesnt have huge punching power from what i have seen, and they both seem to have solid chins, but Eubank Jr's superior technical ability should so him home, is 9/2 good value? I think it is.

There's no rick in the KO price so I'd 1x2 market. Dependent on referee and gameplans, there can be a fair bit of variance in regards to how long an opponent lasts. 
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: