blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:35:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1146625 times)
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: November 29, 2015, 12:06:28 AM »

Amazing that even after the fight Wlad is so fave

You're not wrong. I managed to back Fury at 3.25 as the final bell was ringing!
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 29, 2015, 12:08:45 AM »

As much as Fury deserved it, what a fucking awful standard of boxing on show. Who in their right mind pays to watch that on pay per view.

Heavyweight Division has never looked so bad imo
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 29, 2015, 12:18:21 AM »

As much as Fury deserved it, what a fucking awful standard of boxing on show. Who in their right mind pays to watch that on pay per view.

Heavyweight Division has never looked so bad imo

Have you forgotten Shannon Briggs?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 29, 2015, 12:18:54 AM »

The inplay odds were a nonsense throughout. In the end I had to shut my eyes and hope for the best as I couldn't let the prices go without backing them.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: November 29, 2015, 12:24:31 AM »

Fury v Haye makes a lot of $$$ now
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: November 29, 2015, 12:33:12 AM »

Damn! Congratulations guys Cheesy
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: November 29, 2015, 12:39:37 AM »

Then the winner fights AJ.

Briefly.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: November 29, 2015, 12:57:34 AM »

Then the winner fights AJ.

Briefly.

Fast Ed will be getting himself a tad excited at the prospect.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: November 29, 2015, 01:22:45 AM »

A few thoughts:

Black and white Nike Air Max's do not go with a grey suit or any colour of suit for that matter.

Vlad could of really used Emanuel Steward in his corner.

The UK finally has a genuine PPV star. He's not with Hearn.

This takes a bit of a shine off of paying for a British title fight between AJ and Dillian Whyte.

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: November 29, 2015, 01:44:14 AM »

Anyone out there daft enough to give Fury a chance?

No.  This looks one of these type of spots where Fury should be a 10/1+ poke to me.  Why would the ruskie even take the fight if he ever thought the guy should a chance of beating him realistically?

Fury was mandatory challenger.

The cat's out of the bag regarding Vlad's clinching, without it he ain't so great and it might catch up to him before he retires.

Plus the Fury's are quite shrewd. Hate to say all this cus Tyson will probably get pummeled.

He would just retire surely if he thought he had any realistic chance of losing this fight?  He surely doesn't need the money.  Out of interest how much will they be on for this ruck each?  I haven't got a clue.  More or less than Froch/Groves at Wembley for example?

Fury would be on a 20 to 25% share of the purse. A private deal was reached, but BoxNation were ready to bid £12million.

edit: word is he got £5mill.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 01:59:42 AM by McGlashan » Logged
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: November 29, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »

Vlad could of really used Emanuel Steward in his corner

This.  Under Manny he had mastered the art of dominating smaller opponents which until last night was all he ever faced.  He didn't have a clue how to deal with Fury and was almost gun shy.

There's now a few fights out there that will make Fury a lot of $$$. Rematch, Haye, Wilder, AJ in 12-18 months.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: November 29, 2015, 09:35:15 AM »

Vlad could of really used Emanuel Steward in his corner

This.  Under Manny he had mastered the art of dominating smaller opponents which until last night was all he ever faced.  He didn't have a clue how to deal with Fury and was almost gun shy.

That's Vlad's last memories of Manny. There's also the Manny who re-jigged Lennox Lewis and gave him precise instructions on when to ramp up the aggression. That's what Vlad needs in order to beat Fury but I can't see who could make it happen.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: November 29, 2015, 11:32:30 AM »

Found the whole thing rather bizarre, the gloves mix-up, spongy ring fiasco, Vlad wrapping his hands unsupervised? I'm thinking why is Klitschko pushing the marginals against a dancing bear he should be knocking out in the first round? Then he refuses to use his money-maker right throughout the fight letting Fury take his titles virtually without argument?? Maybe dressing up as Batman and rolling around on the floor really did rattle Dr Steelhammer? which is a surprise because to me it looked like buffoonery of the highest order! 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: November 29, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »

Found the whole thing rather bizarre, the gloves mix-up, spongy ring fiasco, Vlad wrapping his hands unsupervised? I'm thinking why is Klitschko pushing the marginals against a dancing bear he should be knocking out in the first round? Then he refuses to use his money-maker right throughout the fight letting Fury take his titles virtually without argument?? Maybe dressing up as Batman and rolling around on the floor really did rattle Dr Steelhammer? which is a surprise because to me it looked like buffoonery of the highest order! 

Or maybe the Russian mafia max bet on fury with the usual consequences if Wlad won 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: November 29, 2015, 12:56:30 PM »

Anyone out there daft enough to give Fury a chance?

No.  This looks one of these type of spots where Fury should be a 10/1+ poke to me.  Why would the ruskie even take the fight if he ever thought the guy should a chance of beating him realistically?

Fury was mandatory challenger.

The cat's out of the bag regarding Vlad's clinching, without it he ain't so great and it might catch up to him before he retires.

Plus the Fury's are quite shrewd. Hate to say all this cus Tyson will probably get pummeled.

He would just retire surely if he thought he had any realistic chance of losing this fight?  He surely doesn't need the money.  Out of interest how much will they be on for this ruck each?  I haven't got a clue.  More or less than Froch/Groves at Wembley for example?

Fury would be on a 20 to 25% share of the purse. A private deal was reached, but BoxNation were ready to bid £12million.

edit: word is he got £5mill.

Vlad got £12-15m then?
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 206 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: