blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1144155 times)
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 20, 2012, 12:08:29 AM »

Haye was covering the fight for someone, and decided to enforce his own agenda.

Earlier last night there was some boxing on Channel 5.  In complete contrast to Chisora and Haye, Kid Galahad and Jason Booth summed up what boxing is meant to be about.  Galahad won by a huge margin (after being hit by a wild overhand from Booth and suffering from a flash knockdown in the first), but the two showed each other respect at the end, as did both corners.  It was a cracking fight and the two fighters conducted themselves admirably. 

They should be the ones commanding the ridiculous purses the heavyweights manage to command.

Your probably right, but me and the rest of the uneducated boxing fans would rather watch a couple of massive biffers at least pretend they are gonna knock each other out, they might not but we the hope they will. Far better than watching a couple of skinny arsed featherweights dicking about even if its technically a great fight.

Its the truth mate and you know it.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 20, 2012, 12:10:25 AM »

I hate boxing.

What has happened over the last couple of days was inevitable eventually.

It's the fault of the scumbag promoters, Warren, Hearn, King etc.

Chisora is clearly a nutter and went too far, but the boundaries have been stretched to the limits by the money men desperate to hype up non event fights to try and make as much money as possible.

Boxing exploits young men trying to get out of poverty.

The whole game is a sickening pantomime.

I hate boxing.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2012, 12:15:50 AM »

I hate boxing.

Chisora is clearly a nutter and went too far, but the boundaries have been stretched to the limits by the money men desperate to hype up non event fights to try and make as much money as possible.

I hate boxing.

get off the fence tell us what you really think

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 20, 2012, 12:19:42 AM »

I hate boxing.

I hate boxing.

What I really think is boxing should be banned.

Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2012, 12:23:31 AM »

I hate boxing.

I hate boxing.

MMA fan?
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 20, 2012, 12:35:01 AM »

When Mayweather v Pacquiou doesn't happen I agree with banning it.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 20, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »

I hate boxing.

I hate boxing.

MMA fan?

Even worse than boxing.

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2012, 10:35:31 AM »

Heavyweight boxing is now basically WWE - I was half expecting Frank Warren to distract the referee whilst Chisora hit Klitchko with a chair.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2012, 10:37:51 AM »

Heavyweight boxing is now basically WWE - I was half expecting Frank Warren to distract the referee whilst Chisora hit Klitchko with a chair.
dont talk rubbish wwe is much more realistic

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: February 20, 2012, 11:23:58 AM »

Earlier last night there was some boxing on Channel 5.  In complete contrast to Chisora and Haye, Kid Galahad and Jason Booth summed up what boxing is meant to be about.  Galahad won by a huge margin (after being hit by a wild overhand from Booth and suffering from a flash knockdown in the first), but the two showed each other respect at the end, as did both corners.  It was a cracking fight and the two fighters conducted themselves admirably. 

They should be the ones commanding the ridiculous purses the heavyweights manage to command.

Your probably right, but me and the rest of the uneducated boxing fans would rather watch a couple of massive biffers at least pretend they are gonna knock each other out, they might not but we the hope they will. Far better than watching a couple of skinny arsed featherweights dicking about even if its technically a great fight.

Don't really care what uneducated fans want to watch.  Wrestling gets massive numbers watching it, and if non-fight fans who tune in to watch pantomime they should stick with wrestling.

It's sad that it's always been the case the heavyweights are the marquee bouts, when technically the standard has always been below fighters of the lower divisions.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 20, 2012, 08:36:26 PM »

MMA FTW
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 20, 2012, 10:20:49 PM »

I hate boxing.

I hate boxing.

MMA fan?

Even worse than boxing.

Nonsense
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 20, 2012, 11:11:28 PM »

Don't really care what uneducated fans want to watch.  Wrestling gets massive numbers watching it, and if non-fight fans who tune in to watch pantomime they should stick with wrestling.

It's sad that it's always been the case the heavyweights are the marquee bouts, when technically the standard has always been below fighters of the lower divisions.

Sport is part of the entertainment industry, so it's all about what people enjoy seeing, not what is the best technically. There are plenty of entertainers who earn disproportionate amounts compared to others who are arguably better technically at what they do. People enjoy watching heavyweights more than other boxers, so they are willing to pay more and the participants earn more money. Sometimes the welterweight/middleweight level becomes very entertaining and there has been a succession of high-profile high-earning boxers at that level who were rewarded for their ability/entertainment value. Ultimately, though, virtually everyone who watches boxing wants to watch the heavyweights, even bad ones, but very few want to watch good bantamweights. So the lighter weights get paid what they are worth, which is measured by how many people want to watch them, not how technical they are.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #493 on: February 21, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »

Sport is part of the entertainment industry, so it's all about what people enjoy seeing, not what is the best technically. There are plenty of entertainers who earn disproportionate amounts compared to others who are arguably better technically at what they do. People enjoy watching heavyweights more than other boxers, so they are willing to pay more and the participants earn more money. Sometimes the welterweight/middleweight level becomes very entertaining and there has been a succession of high-profile high-earning boxers at that level who were rewarded for their ability/entertainment value. Ultimately, though, virtually everyone who watches boxing wants to watch the heavyweights, even bad ones, but very few want to watch good bantamweights. So the lighter weights get paid what they are worth, which is measured by how many people want to watch them, not how technical they are.

So not "boxing" fans then, just "heavyweight world title fight" fans?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 21, 2012, 10:53:25 PM »

Heavyweight division will always get the glory from boxing fans because they're the biggest baddest gladiators in the sport of fighting. A small guy might be more technically gifted but ultimately he still gets knocked cold by the big guy in a fight. Just like how the 100m sprint champ has the glory of being the fastest in the world in the sport of running. Other sprinters might be technically better but the public wont be as interested in the slower guys with nice stride patterns.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: