blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:48:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1138762 times)
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #1665 on: November 25, 2013, 10:37:14 AM »

Loads of times I thought Nigel Benn was 1 second away from being ko'd only to see him storm back to a heroic victory. I don't think the ref stopped the fight to hype a ppv rematch cos who would trust one guy in a dickie bow to know the exact moment to step in. More likely he noticed some high-viz-wearing health & safety officials with clipboards sitting ringside and got nervous. And that's a real shame cos it was shaping up to be a classic. Over zealous reffing is starting to ruin all kinds of sport imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
malt vinegar

View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: November 26, 2013, 03:43:41 PM »

great fight virtually ruined by the ref and if it got to the cards liable to have been ruined by the judges

froch should be as pissed off as groves over the way it ended this win will always be looked back on as a moody finish

who knows what will have happened given another 5 / 10 seconds - could have turned into a legit stoppage , groves could have gone down and had recovery time or could have grabbed hold and hung on whatever

great fight though that 6th round was something else

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: November 26, 2013, 06:27:47 PM »

It still feels like a fantastic story ruined by a very abrupt ending.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: November 26, 2013, 06:48:35 PM »

I cant ever remember a fight reversing my opinions of two fighters to such an extent before. I've always been a huge Froch fan and had Groves pegged as a Jekyll.

Not any more.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: November 26, 2013, 06:53:05 PM »

Feel like Froch has been slated and it's not really his fault

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: November 26, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »

This is true George but his pre-fight patter rings very hollow now.

Is it purely coincidence that yet another of these Eddie Hearn promotions ends up in controversy?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: November 26, 2013, 07:02:49 PM »

Is it purely coincidence that yet another of these Eddie Hearn promotions ends up in controversy?

...And they are now talking about a bigger fight at Wembley.

Bunch of crooked jokers.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: November 26, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »

He cannot change what happened in the ring but the manner in which he has conducted himself post fight is his fault, every time he opens his mouth he exaggerates what happened and makes himself sound foolish. A neutral boxing fan expects better than that.

Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: November 26, 2013, 08:35:29 PM »

He cannot change what happened in the ring but the manner in which he has conducted himself post fight is his fault, every time he opens his mouth he exaggerates what happened and makes himself sound foolish. A neutral boxing fan expects better than that.

This. Froch hasn't handled himself at all well post fight.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1674 on: November 26, 2013, 09:16:40 PM »

This. Froch hasn't handled himself at all well post fight.

Like I said, very similar to Joe Calzaghe in many ways. 

In his defence, he's a boxer first and foremost - and then a talker and PR man second.  They can't all be Ali.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1675 on: November 26, 2013, 09:17:40 PM »

...And they are now talking about a bigger fight at Wembley.

Bunch of crooked jokers.

Did they 'fake' Froch coming back into the fight and hurting Groves a bit so the ref could stop it slightly prematurely?  Seems very far-fetched.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: November 27, 2013, 12:24:41 AM »

Carl Froch

A warrior and a true champ. I don't think he got the Groves game plan wrong. But he did under estimate how good Groves was going to be #earlyrounds. 

But over 12 rounds there was only Froch to win. Well done the Ref. The Froch attack was in the first minute of round 9 . The bell was not going to save Groves. 

Froch showed you are not going to knock him out. Bute Taylor, Ward, Groves, Kessler, Direll all tried.

The problem for Carl is . For pride do I take on Ward. If you lose, the Groves rematch will not make the money. If I win does Carl make a big money fight in Vegas
V Bernard Hopkins @ Light Heavy weight and then a final fight @ the City ground V Groves. #wishfullthinking 

I'd love to see a IBF fight V Hopkins then Groves as a final fight in the UK

What ever happens British Boxing once again has come good.

Regards

M

kano

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: November 27, 2013, 01:30:41 AM »

Carl Froch

A warrior and a true champ. I don't think he got the Groves game plan wrong. But he did under estimate how good Groves was going to be #earlyrounds. 

But over 12 rounds there was only Froch to win. Well done the Ref. The Froch attack was in the first minute of round 9 . The bell was not going to save Groves. 

Froch showed you are not going to knock him out. Bute Taylor, Ward, Groves, Kessler, Direll all tried.

The problem for Carl is . For pride do I take on Ward. If you lose, the Groves rematch will not make the money. If I win does Carl make a big money fight in Vegas
V Bernard Hopkins @ Light Heavy weight and then a final fight @ the City ground V Groves. #wishfullthinking 

I'd love to see a IBF fight V Hopkins then Groves as a final fight in the UK

What ever happens British Boxing once again has come good.

Regards

M

Froch will not beat Ward, he should swallow his pride with regards to that one.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: November 27, 2013, 06:26:40 AM »

Lolz MPOWER, wear Froch tinted glasses much? The ref was not great at all, apart from the stoppage Froch should have also had a point deducted. Not sure how Froch is the only winner over 12 rounds when Groves had been winning for 8.. it's not as if he had suddenly started scoring 2 point rounds or anything.

Agree with Kano, Ward would just make him look like a chump and beat him comfortably again..

Hopkins even at 48 would dismantle him and that would be his career over. Even if Froch won it would be a case of well done you beat an old man who has had his day.. Can't see anything but a rematch with Groves for him next tbh.

He is certainly a warrior though and has a hell of a chin. Seems keen on a rematch though;

http://www1.skysports.com/frochgroves/story/29800/9039861/carl-froch-says-he-will-fight-george-groves-again-if-his-trainer-and-agent-agree-to-it

Wembley would be good.

MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: November 27, 2013, 11:34:09 AM »

What price do you reckon the bookie go if there is a rematch in 6 months?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: