blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:30:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Big Boxing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 455 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Big Boxing Thread  (Read 1143432 times)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3645 on: September 25, 2016, 12:07:41 AM »

Beautifully fragile Linares is cut in the 5th and Crollasmoaning in about low blows post being gunned by Perez.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: September 25, 2016, 12:35:06 AM »

Seriously classy stuff from Linares in the final round there.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: September 25, 2016, 01:22:11 AM »

I've had better nights. Linares far too classy and Crolla just couldn't put a dent in him or turn the screw down the stretch.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: September 25, 2016, 02:56:40 AM »

There's no need for a re-match. A hurt right hand, the warnings for legit bodywork, a couple of less than favourable scorecards and Linares still had his number. That'll be the last time I overestimate a Gallagher fighter at world level.

Callum Smith is lucky super middleweight is one of the weakest divisions going.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:59:27 AM by McGlashan » Logged
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: September 26, 2016, 01:38:54 PM »

There's no need for a re-match. A hurt right hand, the warnings for legit bodywork, a couple of less than favourable scorecards and Linares still had his number. That'll be the last time I overestimate a Gallagher fighter at world level.

I don't think there's a fighter out there that I've got consistently wrong as Crolla going all the way back to when I had a chunk on him to beat Dirty Derry. Rematch a complete waste of time, Linares has fragility but Crolla couldn't hurt him and he's never going to outbox him.

It's not been a good year for Tesco Joe.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: September 26, 2016, 08:37:59 PM »

I don't think there's a fighter out there that I've got consistently wrong as Crolla going all the way back to when I had a chunk on him to beat Dirty Derry. Rematch a complete waste of time, Linares has fragility but Crolla couldn't hurt him and he's never going to outbox him.

For what it's worth what were your initial thoughts on Luke Campbell versus Derry Matthews? Luke could do with staying away from people that can bang.

And with both Joe and Eddie's tables have been on comedown recently it'll be real interesting to how tough an opponent they pick for AJ's next fight. Fast car loves to namedrop Parker and Klitschko but behind the scenes it sounds although he's been low balling the crap out of the rags ranked in the IBF's top 15. Plus they've been giving David Price an awful lot of publicity.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:45 PM »

For what it's worth what were your initial thoughts on Luke Campbell versus Derry Matthews? Luke could do with staying away from people that can bang.

And with both Joe and Eddie's tables have been on comedown recently it'll be real interesting to how tough an opponent they pick for AJ's next fight. Fast car loves to namedrop Parker and Klitschko but behind the scenes it sounds although he's been low balling the crap out of the rags ranked in the IBF's top 15. Plus they've been giving David Price an awful lot of publicity.

I was surprised to see 4/1 Derry.  Campbell has been pretty much exposed. He has a vulnerability about him and Derry has decent one punch power. Campbell's hand speed will trouble Derry but he leaves himself open when he is landing so I can see him coming a cropper.

Yeah I don't think it will be Parker either it will be another risk averse move.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: September 26, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »

Hearn wants to make AJ - Price like your mate who wants to shag a fat bird. He's afraid of what people will say but he'll do it anyway and cop some stick for it. Co-incidentally big Pricey has been moved forward from the Bellew bill to Saturday's mad Jurg - Braemar  undercard, that's the day prior to AJ's next opponent is announced.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: October 01, 2016, 04:10:58 PM »

So it's Nathan Cleverly fight night. His head has gone so it should make for an entertaining scrap with mad Jurg. There's been money on Nathan but he's firmly on my shit list of boxers not to back. Likewise with David Price who fights a low level old journeyman. There's also the Parker - Dmitrenko replay.

Parker is an interesting prospect. The thing is he'd be mad to take the AJ fight whilst there is the possibility of a vacant WBO title shot versus Andy Ruiz. Bookies made Hughie Fury 1/10 to beat the young fat prospect so Parker would be equally as short. It really would be a gift of a world title and a sad state of affairs for the heavyweight division.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: October 01, 2016, 06:29:58 PM »

I understand that Dundee born Mike Towell died this afternoon after sustaining severe head injuries during a boxing match. It was a final eliminator for a British Title bout apparently.

RIP

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: October 01, 2016, 09:10:57 PM »

I understand that Dundee born Mike Towell died this afternoon after sustaining severe head injuries during a boxing match. It was a final eliminator for a British Title bout apparently.

RIP

RIP Mike Towell. Both Sky and BoxNation paid tribute to him at the start of their broadcasts. Your old pal Spencer Oliver is in the studio talking about the relative safety of boxing.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: October 01, 2016, 11:29:25 PM »

Clev stole his tactics from a boxercise class (end of rd 5)
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: October 01, 2016, 11:39:23 PM »

Clev stole his tactics from a boxercise class (end of rd 5)

Jurg doesn't emerge for the 7th. Golf can get the full attention now.
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: October 02, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »

Clev runs good!
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: October 02, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »

A few nearly official fights slipped out last night:

Murray - Abraham 2 in Monaco.
David - Dave Allen on Bellew's undercard.

Pages: 1 ... 240 241 242 243 [244] 245 246 247 248 ... 455 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: