blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 415971 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2760 on: September 06, 2018, 02:54:43 PM »

Pedestrians who wave their arms up and down and mouth SLOW DOWN with angry faces as you drive past. Wouldn’t happily mow those fuckers down.

People who say “yay I can come on the 27th and it’s my birthday so it will be special” then say “well my birthday is actually the 29th”. Right so it’s not your birthday then? Great conversation.

I went the wrong way in a car park because it meant driving two car lengths rather than all around the perimeter and an old bloke literally threw himself across my windscreen, slid down the bonnet and then stood against my front bumper, arms outstretched, insisting that I go back.

Stupid old bastard. I know people who would have cheerfully got out and kicked the crap out of him.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: September 06, 2018, 04:16:12 PM »

Pedestrians who wave their arms up and down and mouth SLOW DOWN with angry faces as you drive past. Wouldn’t happily mow those fuckers down.

People who say “yay I can come on the 27th and it’s my birthday so it will be special” then say “well my birthday is actually the 29th”. Right so it’s not your birthday then? Great conversation.

I went the wrong way in a car park because it meant driving two car lengths rather than all around the perimeter and an old bloke literally threw himself across my windscreen, slid down the bonnet and then stood against my front bumper, arms outstretched, insisting that I go back.

Stupid old bastard. I know people who would have cheerfully got out and kicked the crap out of him.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: September 06, 2018, 09:12:47 PM »

Haha.

Last time I moved house I parked a van on the pavement...

So I'm half way down the front drive struggling with one end of a couch when some old fella turns up in a mobility scooter. He is instantly consumed with fury, flicking the v's, shouting dog's abuse about this van blocking his path "fucking illegally parked mate, fucking illegal". I'm like look old-timer just zip across the road to the other side and hey presto a clear pavement. Well he didn't like that, he literally jumps out of the mobility scooter, beetroot-red face, steam coming out his ears. Fella comes zig-zagging down my drive, rolling up his sleeves as he goes, throwing shadow box moves in random directions. This guy was absolutely hopping mad.

I figure that incoming rocky balboa senior is late 80's early 90's and seemingly disabled. But he's throwing punches and advancing down the drive so I do wonder what's gonna happen next. Then his wife appeared, who it turned out had been following behind at distance. When she caught up with him this strange old person struggle ensued where at first she pulled his jacket off and then they both fell into the flowers. Wife crying, both dirty, they stumbled back to the mobility scooter and with a final cry of "wanker" he zipped across the road and went about his business. Wife following behind at a distance, now somewhat bedraggled.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: September 07, 2018, 08:58:35 AM »

My wife is working on a project to help NHS units go paperless.

7 of them from 1 ward(yes 7) have just arrived in Ireland and she sent me photos of the full sized suite, akin to a Palazzo room. One per room, seven rooms. She mildly complained that they didnt need such swish rooms and that they could happily of shared. She was told to just enjoy it.

No wonder the NHS has no f'ing money.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: September 07, 2018, 10:11:29 AM »

Haha.

So I'm half way down the front drive struggling with one end of a couch when some old fella turns up in a mobility scooter. He is instantly consumed with fury, flicking the v's, shouting dog's abuse about this van blocking his path "fucking illegally parked mate, fucking illegal". I'm like look old-timer just zip across the road to the other side and hey presto a clear pavement. Well he didn't like that, he literally jumps out of the mobility scooter, beetroot-red face, steam coming out his ears. Fella comes zig-zagging down my drive, rolling up his sleeves as he goes, throwing shadow box moves in random directions. This guy was absolutely hopping mad.

I figure that incoming rocky balboa senior is late 80's early 90's and seemingly disabled. But he's throwing punches and advancing down the drive so I do wonder what's gonna happen next. Then his wife appeared, who it turned out had been following behind at distance. When she caught up with him this strange old person struggle ensued where at first she pulled his jacket off and then they both fell into the flowers. Wife crying, both dirty, they stumbled back to the mobility scooter and with a final cry of "wanker" he zipped across the road and went about his business. Wife following behind at a distance, now somewhat bedraggled.

Some good stories :-). The problem though is everyone in all of the stories is to some extent being a dick and the world has to be a better place if everyone lived by one simple rule ‘don’t be a dick’. It seems to me that the ‘vigilantes’ all sound like total pricks and they should mind their own business but they shouldn’t need to, it would just be better if you hadn’t been dicks in the first place. With RD as arbiter of acceptable rule breaking, it feels like we’re in safe enough hands. With people who seem borderline obsessed with their right to break the speed limit though? How will we know where to draw the line?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2765 on: September 07, 2018, 12:01:56 PM »

Haha.

Some good stories :-). The problem though is everyone in all of the stories is to some extent being a dick and the world has to be a better place if everyone lived by one simple rule ‘don’t be a dick’. It seems to me that the ‘vigilantes’ all sound like total pricks and they should mind their own business but they shouldn’t need to, it would just be better if you hadn’t been dicks in the first place. With RD as arbiter of acceptable rule breaking, it feels like we’re in safe enough hands. With people who seem borderline obsessed with their right to break the speed limit though? How will we know where to draw the line?

Apologies if I've misunderstood, but are you advocating a world where no one ever breaks a rule of any kind?

PS- I think there should be a rule against calling me names.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: September 07, 2018, 12:07:52 PM »

I have never noticed the pedestrian red face slow arms waving slow down thing.   Maybe people need to speed up a bit so you don't notice them so much?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: September 07, 2018, 05:33:17 PM »

Haha.

Apologies if I've misunderstood, but are you advocating a world where no one ever breaks a rule of any kind?

PS- I think there should be a rule against calling me names.

That sounds like a good rule, I do wish I was better at sticking to it, it feels more like collateral damage in the point I was making but I’m sorry nonetheless. Breaking rules? I’m all for it but I’d be looking for spots where I’m not upsetting the deadbeats, life must be pretty tough for them already right? The Mantis phoney war with the disabled guy is different I guess, I still wish people wouldn’t try and be po-lice though.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: September 07, 2018, 08:59:34 PM »

I break the speed limit every time I get in a car.

Those folk who stick to the speed limit 100% are unsettling types.

But those folk who try and get others to stick to the speed limit 100% are different gravy unsettling.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: September 08, 2018, 09:06:47 AM »

But those folk who try and get others to stick to the speed limit 100% are different gravy unsettling.

We probably shouldn’t waste much time on this, with the high possibility that you’re just flat out trolling. If you actually do speed every time you drive you really are an idiot, it’s hard to imagine a more idiotic piece of behaviour that someone might do on a daily basis.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: September 08, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »

We probably shouldn’t waste much time on this, with the high possibility that you’re just flat out trolling. If you actually do speed every time you drive you really are an idiot, it’s hard to imagine a more idiotic piece of behaviour that someone might do on a daily basis.

Sorry for any offence caused Doris.

But ask your husband about driving and he'll confirm everybody exceeds the speed limit at some point on a daily basis. 

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: September 08, 2018, 09:48:17 AM »

Sorry for any offence caused Doris.

But ask your husband about driving and he'll confirm everybody exceeds the speed limit at some point on a daily basis. 

lol :-), what a complete wanker. I really thought we’d moved on from calling someone a woman as an insult.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: September 08, 2018, 10:30:11 AM »

Again David.

Please don't call him a complete wanker.

Its not one rule for you and one rule for those with other views.

thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: September 08, 2018, 10:44:45 AM »

Again David.

thanks

We have a position where either he’s a troll or he believes driving his car at speeds that increases the likelihood of fatal accidents, particularly involving children, is a good idea. It seems like a position that deserves only contempt, a generic term of abuse seemed OK. You’re right that it’s not though, sorry for using up your time in such an unnecessary way.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2774 on: September 08, 2018, 11:01:17 AM »

Again David.

thanks

We have a position where either he’s a troll or he believes driving his car at speeds that increases the likelihood of fatal accidents, particularly involving children, is a good idea. It seems like a position that deserves only contempt, a generic term of abuse seemed OK. You’re right that it’s not though, sorry for using up your time in such an unnecessary way.

Just as a statement of fact, I think the vast majority of people exceed the speed limit at some point when they drive.

The main places IMO are 30 zones that alternate with 40 zones every few hundred yards, quiet A roads at 2am, and motorways.

If you don't agree that the majority of drivers routinely break the limit, drive along the motorway at 70mph and see how many cars pass you.

Now that I'm an old bloke I'm a very steady driver but I will often be doing 32 in a 30 zone for instance, if only because of the sheer difficulty of staying at 30. To guarantee not going over 30 you would probably have to aim at 26/27 and that just doesn't happen.

I'm not supporting Mantis here BTW. He's a  ****er.

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 187 188 189 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: