blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:48:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things that piss you off!
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 ... 206 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things that piss you off!  (Read 415857 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: September 08, 2018, 12:57:32 PM »

Again David.

Please don't call him a complete wanker.

Its not one rule for you and one rule for those with other views.

thanks

We have a position where either he’s a troll or he believes driving his car at speeds that increases the likelihood of fatal accidents, particularly involving children, is a good idea. It seems like a position that deserves only contempt, a generic term of abuse seemed OK. You’re right that it’s not though, sorry for using up your time in such an unnecessary way.

Just as a statement of fact, I think the vast majority of people exceed the speed limit at some point when they drive.

The main places IMO are 30 zones that alternate with 40 zones every few hundred yards, quiet A roads at 2am, and motorways.

If you don't agree that the majority of drivers routinely break the limit, drive along the motorway at 70mph and see how many cars pass you.

Now that I'm an old bloke I'm a very steady driver but I will often be doing 32 in a 30 zone for instance, if only because of the sheer difficulty of staying at 30. To guarantee not going over 30 you would probably have to aim at 26/27 and that just doesn't happen.

I'm not supporting Mantis here BTW. He's a  ****er.

I followed a car the other week that was driving at a very steady 27 mph. There was a sticker in the back that said “Driving under the speed limit because I have nine points”.
They were obviously paying too much attention to their speed though because they didn’t manage to stop when the traffic lights turned red.

Never a police car around when you really want to see one is there.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: September 08, 2018, 01:34:03 PM »

More of a lol than pissed off but realised I ordered a rental car a day longer than I needed it. Went to adjust the date and the cost of hire was going to be increased by £57. Have a guess who is not amending the hire length and have a guess who will be dropping the car off earlier than expected.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: September 08, 2018, 03:02:05 PM »

More of a lol than pissed off but realised I ordered a rental car a day longer than I needed it. Went to adjust the date and the cost of hire was going to be increased by £57. Have a guess who is not amending the hire length and have a guess who will be dropping the car off earlier than expected.

Had a similar experience checking train ticket prices this week.
The cost of the journey to Stockton was £51, this meant changing at Darlington.
The cost of the same journey without the last leg from Darlington to Stockton was £73.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2778 on: September 19, 2018, 07:33:03 AM »

Food that you can't eat without getting sticky hands. The worst offender? Sweet chili sauce.

It's impossible to get it from that tall bottle and on to your meal without first transferring it to your fingers or the handle of your fork. I've even tried holding the bottle with a napkin and leaving my fork in the drawer until the poring is over but to no avail, it always gets me and I still have to wash my hands for a second time before eating and probably at least once again mid meal.

I hope the Russians never discover it as a way of distributing novichok, they could obliterate 90% of Lidl's customers.

The older I get, the better I was.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: September 19, 2018, 07:46:32 AM »

Sweet chilli sauce. I only ever get it if it’s the only vaguely spicy thing on offer and it never is. I may as well just be eating melted sugar.

Blue text
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2780 on: September 19, 2018, 07:57:45 AM »

Sweet chilli sauce. I only ever get it if it’s the only vaguely spicy thing on offer and it never is. I may as well just be eating melted sugar.

Vaugely spicy? Have you tried the Lidl version? It's like an angel smelting aluminium on your tongue.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2781 on: September 19, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »

Toast and marmalade, that's another culprit. Although I don't really mind sticky fingers from toast and marmalade. I think it's because I don't have to use a fork.

PS- I bet Cambridge Alex eats toast and marmalade with a fork.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: September 19, 2018, 10:13:50 AM »

Toast and marmalade, that's another culprit. Although I don't really mind sticky fingers from toast and marmalade. I think it's because I don't have to use a fork.

PS- I bet Cambridge Alex eats toast and marmalade with a fork.

I know a couple of weirdos who eat their chapatti/paratha with a knife and fork when partaking of a curry.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2783 on: September 19, 2018, 10:34:23 AM »

I eat a lot of stuff with just a knife. Not just any knife though, it has to be this one or one similar.

Sheffield steel with a wide flexible blade that really holds an edge and is great for lifting the last of the gravy from the plate.

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:37:31 AM by RED-DOG » Logged

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: September 19, 2018, 10:50:09 AM »

I eat a lot of stuff with just a knife. Not just any knife though, it has to be this one or one similar.

Sheffield steel with a wide flexible blade that really holds an edge and is great for lifting the last of the gravy from the plate.

Isn't that what bread and butter is for?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2785 on: September 19, 2018, 10:52:48 AM »

Isn't that what bread and butter is for?

Good point well made.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2786 on: September 19, 2018, 10:54:22 AM »

In fact, I often do throw a slice of b&b on to a gravy soaked plate and then eat it with my knife.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: September 19, 2018, 11:11:08 AM »

In fact, I often do throw a slice of b&b on to a gravy soaked plate and then eat it with my knife.

seems like an OK compromise.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: September 19, 2018, 12:05:35 PM »

Anyone here disgusting & ill-mannered enough to simply lick the plate?

Asking for a friend, obv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: September 19, 2018, 12:18:05 PM »

Anyone here disgusting & ill-mannered enough to simply lick the plate?

Asking for a friend, obv.

At home why not? 
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 190 ... 206 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: