blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:17:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 370158 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: April 14, 2014, 08:54:07 PM »

grats!
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2731 on: April 15, 2014, 08:55:38 PM »

The Package.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: April 15, 2014, 09:36:15 PM »

Great result, congrats!

Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: April 16, 2014, 09:58:14 PM »

Nice work met was happy to see you had dragged this down 

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: June 11, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »

Retired from writing diary won the World. The End.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: October 02, 2014, 05:58:29 PM »

Dunno if anybody is interested, but just wanted to finally draw a line under this diary. Wanted to put it in writing as well so I'm not in denial or anything.

The dream is over.

Poker as a career for me is, for the forseeable future anyway, not a viable option. I've always been just a little bit too late to the party: the games were absolutely delicious as Dusk/Gala probably a year or two before I had the bankroll to start taking a shot; I didn't start putting in the necessary work on my game until it was something I needed to do in order to simply keep up, rather than stay ahead of the curve; my outlook, while obviously not as bleak as depicted in this diary (see caricature), was somewhat selfish for a long time and only served to hinder my pogress. If there was some way to go back and give myself a one year headstart, I reckon I would be a favourite to end up a succesful player by now. As it stands, I've been through some huge ups and downs in poker, but the baseline was always just a bit too low and I never truly found terra firma under my feet.

I think I can look back on this experience positively. Despite what I've been trying to tell myself (see signature) I think it's clear I have a lot of regrets when it comes to poker, but it's helped mold me from who I was to who I am today, and I definitely prefer who I am today! It's been a lot of fun, and frankly it will be very strange going back to work, and back to education as well. It's not going to be an easy transition, but nothing in this world worth having comes easy, right?

Thanks to everyone that supported me. I'll still see you around, and maybe one day I'll be back, but for now this is zerofive officially signing off.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: October 02, 2014, 06:08:07 PM »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Gl for the future buddy, hopefully we'll still see you round <3

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2737 on: October 02, 2014, 06:45:21 PM »

Dunno if anybody is interested, but just wanted to finally draw a line under this diary. Wanted to put it in writing as well so I'm not in denial or anything.

The dream is over.

Poker as a career for me is, for the forseeable future anyway, not a viable option. I've always been just a little bit too late to the party: the games were absolutely delicious as Dusk/Gala probably a year or two before I had the bankroll to start taking a shot; I didn't start putting in the necessary work on my game until it was something I needed to do in order to simply keep up, rather than stay ahead of the curve; my outlook, while obviously not as bleak as depicted in this diary (see caricature), was somewhat selfish for a long time and only served to hinder my pogress. If there was some way to go back and give myself a one year headstart, I reckon I would be a favourite to end up a succesful player by now. As it stands, I've been through some huge ups and downs in poker, but the baseline was always just a bit too low and I never truly found terra firma under my feet.

I think I can look back on this experience positively. Despite what I've been trying to tell myself (see signature) I think it's clear I have a lot of regrets when it comes to poker, but it's helped mold me from who I was to who I am today, and I definitely prefer who I am today! It's been a lot of fun, and frankly it will be very strange going back to work, and back to education as well. It's not going to be an easy transition, but nothing in this world worth having comes easy, right?

Thanks to everyone that supported me. I'll still see you around, and maybe one day I'll be back, but for now this is zerofive officially signing off.

What are you going on to do?
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: October 02, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »

Your a proper bloke and I hope to convince you to come blow some wages at Dtd. First (and probably last as I'll be driving) pint on me!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: October 02, 2014, 07:48:19 PM »

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: October 02, 2014, 09:02:47 PM »

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2741 on: October 02, 2014, 09:10:05 PM »

The dream is over.

Same question.  Get your career going, and treat poker as a hobby.  You'll enjoy it a lot more as well.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: October 02, 2014, 09:16:38 PM »

I lose money on this board if you have hole cards Sad
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: October 02, 2014, 09:28:58 PM »

The dream is over.

Same question.  Get your career going, and treat poker as a hobby.  You'll enjoy it a lot more as well.

Would like to confirm that whatever I'm doing for at least the next 6 months won't be a career! The plan is to keep myself afloat with whichever hourly paid chore I end up getting back to, while I take a diploma in fitness instructing and personal training, and hopefully that will lead to a career. And hopefully your assertion will be correct boshi. Smiley
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: October 02, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »

In before you randomly punt a satellite for the wpt and end up winning the lot

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: