blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 369389 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2011, 10:52:05 PM »

dont you fancy doing some sort of diary for us sean?

I was on the fence about doing something like this for a while. For sure I have plenty to talk about, but whether any of it is interesting enough to sustain anyone's attention is another matter. I suppose if it's what the fans want, then...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:44:47 AM by zerofive » Logged
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 11:38:01 PM »

A decent portion of me feels utterly obnoxious turning up the Blonde Forum, still labelled a "Newbie," and expecting a bunch of regs to listen to my melodrama. The other portion of me doesn't really care, and is going to subject you to what I hope qualifies as an introduction.

I imagine a handful of you already know me as quick-tempered dealer from Dusk Till Dawn. For those of you who don't; my name is Sean. I'm from Nottingham, making Dusk Till Dawn my local. I recently left my role as a dealer, and will soon be taking a seat on the other side of the table. Not really sure where to start with my background...

Um, school? I failed school. By the age of 4, I could draw a map of the world with the corresponding flags and recite the Highway Code, but I couldn't make eye contact until I was 13. Of course, these days they'd probably recognise that these are not attributes of a normal child, but at the time it just made me a troublemaker and an underachiever. My natural progression in the education system was art school, of course, where I joined a bunch of other secondary school failures; but my logical thought process was that if I were to surround myself with drooling idiots, I might as well do it in an environment where I was at least getting paid. So I started work. At McDonald's. Obv.

I spent a few years flipping burgers, and asking glassy eyed fatties if they wanted more fast food at an additional price. Suggestive selling, apparently. Grasping a simple concept like this put me miles ahead of my peers, and for my half-hearted efforts, they dressed me in a white shirt and a tie and put me in charge of a team of failed humans. Of course, this is where I discovered poker. The embarrassing prelude to this is that someone has vandalised the staff toilets, and as punishment, the boss had taken away the TV. As entertainment, I brought in a deck of cards, and one of my workmates showed me Texas Holdem. The game picked up popularity amongst the staff, and as clueless as I was, I found myself winning a day's wages in my lunch hour. With this feeling of invincibility, I went to my local pool hall, and got absolutely crushed.

It's in my nature to want to extract every piece of information from something that captures my attention. If something interests me, it encapsulates me. I became fascinated by cards, and the psychological elements behind the game of poker. I needed to know everything. I started to crush the locals at the pool hall. I thought I was a genius. By this time, I had quit my "job" at McDonald's, and was pretty much living on the £60/week I would make from winning these tournaments. A friend of mine got me a job as a dealer as Dusk Till Dawn, and once immersed into the world of real poker, I realised I knew nothing about the game. So two years later, here I am. Having sucked the brains of players I respect, and having found an irregular polygon of friends who play because they also failed at real life, I feel like I'm about ready to give this live pro thing a shot.

So, out of failing and hating everything I've tried at in life so far, I find myself here. I'm done working for £6/hour, so now I'm going broke for a living. Fingers crossed I don't see too many responses of "tl;dr," and hopefully I can continue to empty my brain for your amusement. All questions welcome.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 11:54:36 PM »

tl;dr

Which Sean are you? I think I know but just thought I'd check.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 11:56:05 PM »

tl;dr

The one with hair.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 11:57:21 PM »

Good start Sean.

When can you start playing cash at DTD?
What are you doing prior to that... Live? Online?

What do you think are the chances of being the first DTD dealer to make the transition to successful player?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »

tl;dr

The one with hair.

Thought so.

In case you don't know, I'm Matt.

The one without the hair.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 12:00:17 AM »

When you used to deal and you'd take a peak at people's mucked cards did you know that one day you'd be playing against them?

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 12:11:27 AM »

Good start Sean.

When can you start playing cash at DTD?
What are you doing prior to that... Live? Online?

What do you think are the chances of being the first DTD dealer to make the transition to successful player?

Thanks. The official date is 6th December. I don't want to bok myself, but there are rumblings that they might have shortened the six month waiting period.

I was winning a bunch online, but I donated that to Full Tilt. Sigh. Playing live .50/1 and 1/2 atm, mostly Gala in Nottingham. Obviously can't wait to play at Dusk, where the risk of being stabbed after stacking someone is significantly reduced.
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 01:00:04 AM »

hi der thumbs up

Post moarrrrr. Looking forward to it.
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 03:59:48 AM »

Pls make this diary last longer than mine. Will bookmark for grammer Nazi purposes xxx
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »

Looks like it will be a good diary sean.

Best of luck.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 05:04:30 AM »

Great intro mate

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 05:04:57 AM »

When you used to deal and you'd take a peak at people's mucked cards did you know that one day you'd be playing against them?

I hope this is isn't true. As long as it's not, I wish you the best of luck.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 05:47:55 AM »

Hi Sean, looking forward to this. Good start (although tl;dr obviously).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 05:49:24 AM »

Neil, you're too good.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: