blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 369934 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2745 on: October 02, 2014, 09:53:23 PM »

Dunno if anybody is interested, but just wanted to finally draw a line under this diary. Wanted to put it in writing as well so I'm not in denial or anything.

The dream is over.

Poker as a career for me is, for the forseeable future anyway, not a viable option. I've always been just a little bit too late to the party: the games were absolutely delicious as Dusk/Gala probably a year or two before I had the bankroll to start taking a shot; I didn't start putting in the necessary work on my game until it was something I needed to do in order to simply keep up, rather than stay ahead of the curve; my outlook, while obviously not as bleak as depicted in this diary (see caricature), was somewhat selfish for a long time and only served to hinder my pogress. If there was some way to go back and give myself a one year headstart, I reckon I would be a favourite to end up a succesful player by now. As it stands, I've been through some huge ups and downs in poker, but the baseline was always just a bit too low and I never truly found terra firma under my feet.

I think I can look back on this experience positively. Despite what I've been trying to tell myself (see signature) I think it's clear I have a lot of regrets when it comes to poker, but it's helped mold me from who I was to who I am today, and I definitely prefer who I am today! It's been a lot of fun, and frankly it will be very strange going back to work, and back to education as well. It's not going to be an easy transition, but nothing in this world worth having comes easy, right?

Thanks to everyone that supported me. I'll still see you around, and maybe one day I'll be back, but for now this is zerofive officially signing off.

What are you going on to do?

Same question.  Get your career going, and treat poker as a hobby.  You'll enjoy it a lot more as well.

Would like to confirm that whatever I'm doing for at least the next 6 months won't be a career! The plan is to keep myself afloat with whichever hourly paid chore I end up getting back to, while I take a diploma in fitness instructing and personal training, and hopefully that will lead to a career. And hopefully your assertion will be correct boshi. Smiley

You're still young, plenty of time to get your career going.  Sounds like a sensible plan. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: October 03, 2014, 03:25:46 AM »

I'm confident that you'll have a prosperous and fulfilling career in the fitness industry, based on your overwhelming and obvious interest in all round fitness...

Just remember "Work to become, not to acquire"  ....

Very best of Luck...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:31:16 AM by BangBang » Logged

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: October 03, 2014, 05:50:30 AM »

I lose money on this board if you have hole cards Sad

ay carumba oopsies

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: October 03, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »

seems like ill be taking on Awight Gawdon by myself then Sad

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2749 on: October 03, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »

All seems like one big hit and run attempt after your recent success in Skalies games imo. Gl though bud, i'm sure we'll still be seeing you about!
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: October 03, 2014, 04:33:43 PM »

Sad to see you go, regarding Health and Fitness Sean, I spent 10years running Health Clubs and owning one to, obv in the boom time and the times are a changing now in the industry, I have a few contacts all over the UK and Spain and Southern Ireland, let me know your excact route in going forward and I may be able to help  two spades

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: October 07, 2014, 05:09:10 PM »

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”

From my perspective you have improved a huge amount in terms of the mental game of poker.
Did send alarms out when you posted about not hitting like a new player although I was all but certain that
was a level. You have appeared to be much more grounded and always appeared to be shall we say
#lovingthegame.

Now to me it seems that you could have pushed harder to work on one aspect of your game rather than
flirting between cash and tournaments. See you as a highly capable tournament player just my opinion though.

And good luck with the new job just remember to spend time as constructively as possible on whatever it is outside
of the coming work that you wish to do. Don't get bogged down mate.

See you next week x

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
Sulphur man

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 22, 2014, 05:11:34 AM »

Bump.

I've never played any game, or done anything that was so powerful at making you believe that you 'owned' it... before making you realize that you actually don't.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: December 04, 2014, 03:11:31 PM »

Played some pokers the last couple of nights.

I realised two things.

Firstly, the game is not challenging at the level I can afford to play at.

Secondly, I still can't hold.

In a nutshell, the game is neither fun nor does it stand to make me any money as long as I'm me.

Pretty sure I'm done.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: