blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612023 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2385 on: July 31, 2015, 04:48:10 PM »

are any of the preseason games on UK tv ?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: July 31, 2015, 04:59:51 PM »

no

with channel 4 not covering it this year and no news on if SNF is being covered then gamepass season ticket on nfl.com might be more worth it than ever. they have pre-season too

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: July 31, 2015, 05:04:17 PM »

no

with channel 4 not covering it this year and no news on if SNF is being covered then gamepass season ticket on nfl.com might be more worth it than ever. they have pre-season too

yeah looking at that £129.99 for next 11 months

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: August 05, 2015, 06:58:07 PM »

Sigh...in obv but dont think I can do that draft day.

Can we do the week before? I have to move house w/c 7th Sept!

House move cancelled - been reassigned at work Smiley

In for this now obv.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: August 05, 2015, 09:34:48 PM »

shall we start a new thread for the new season?

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: August 06, 2015, 10:28:26 PM »

Are we there Yet.

Can Sheriff give u an update on no of entries and how we plan to conduct the season.

Ta.
#philipriverslovechild

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: August 06, 2015, 11:04:16 PM »

If there is space can I join?

I got induced by the other thread.
Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: August 07, 2015, 03:50:04 AM »

Looking forward to more heartbreak

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: August 07, 2015, 12:56:01 PM »

Never done NFL FF before
basics of where I go to get started please?
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: August 07, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »

actually, followed the link to nfl.com and registered

when does it all start?
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: August 07, 2015, 01:50:36 PM »

actually, followed the link to nfl.com and registered

when does it all start?

September. Squads are being trimmed down from 75 to 53 through the pre-season and then we can draft. Have a go at some practice drafts on the NFL site. You'll be looking at normal league, rather than a PPR one, and this means players get points for their yards, rather than the number if touches.

There are a billion websites dedicated to fantasy football and football stats generally. Enjoy!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: August 07, 2015, 02:40:57 PM »

Never done NFL FF before
basics of where I go to get started please?

I'd suggest the best place would be to read through the thread from the start, which covers all the seasons to date and will give you an idea of how it works (it's the reason I keep the seasons in the same thread as you can see how people have given it a go and, generally, got hooked.

If you're registered on nfl.com now then try a few mock drafts to see how they work (this is how you pick your starting team) and do some general reading of what's going on in the NFL (training camps have just started, so they've effectively just begun pre-season training).

Other than that, await further news on the blonde league setup in this thread.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: August 24, 2015, 04:32:37 PM »

Any news on draft dates for both leagues Curtis and new managers for the redraft and Dynasty leagues?

Do any of the D managers fancy sending a WR my way in exchange for a RB?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: August 25, 2015, 12:37:13 PM »

Just dug this thread out from page 3 of the board!!  Hopefully it won't leave page 1 until February next year.

Just started the process of getting the new leagues set up well in advance and getting draft dates in place.

I've just re-activated the Dynasty League, so some of you may get a notification from ESPN regarding this.  To my horror, I also discovered that ESPN has somehow wiped all but 2 of the rosters, so don't be surprised if you see an empty page in there.  I've managed to capture the closing positions from the archives, so nothing has been lost, but it's pretty much confirmed my decision that I want to relocate the Dynasty League from ESPN and onto Yahoo, where I'm part of a Dynasty League which has been running for 10 years now, and which seems to do everything pretty well in this regard.

I'll start the process of constructing the league with the same team names, rosters, etc.  With regard to the draft for the dynasty league, I'm going to work this in the same way as the other league, which is an offline draft done via the message boards on the site.  Once it kicks off, each team on the clock gets 24 hours to make a pick.  Once done the next team up gets 24 hours, and so on.  Most picks get done much quicker than this and it gives a chance for picks to be traded, etc as it goes on.  More details to follow, but we'll kick it off ASAP once it's set up.

For the redraft league, there was some discussion around a shallower league with 2 divisions this year, so I'll take a look at options over the next couple of weeks.  However, as an early heads up, I'm planning for the draft to take place at 9pm on Monday 7th September which is 3 days before the regular season kicks off with Steelers @ Patriots on the Thursday.  This is consistent with previous years, and leaving it until final roster cuts have been done makes most sense to me.

I think most or all of you expressed interest in staying on, but I'll review the thread and do chases, etc.  Will also advise fees, etc in the next few weeks, but not planning on any major changes (except maybe adding some minor prizes into the D-League similar to those we had in the redraft last year).  However, I'll get feedback on this before changing anything so, if unpopular, it won't happen.

Priority for now is the Dynasty League, as it needs rebuilding regardless of which site it runs on (thanks a lot, ESPN!).  I'll send invites out as soon as I can, but it might be worth everyone who doesn't have one heading over and a least creating an account at http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/ in anticipation of the new home.  I'll do a manual setup and then fire out invites via the site for everyone to reclaim their teams.

Can't wait for it all to begin again!

Any Update on the Dynasty League Situation.
Just signed up to Yahoo but need direction with the League.

13 Nights till Draft Night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 dad dont dance cupcake cupcake

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: August 25, 2015, 05:38:08 PM »

I just signed up to Yahoo too Forth, it looks a decent site doesn't it? I cannot wait for the season to start now.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: