blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:03:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616222 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4875 on: August 23, 2019, 05:33:03 PM »

Once you have not selected in the allotted time its a pass. No one else left to pick so no opportunity to come back later and pick as there would have been in earlier rounds when people missed their spot . Draft over.

That's my interpretation and I was wondering xhycwe are not onto free agency

Not to do this is gaming it for an admittedly tiny advsntage and against the spirit of it.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: August 23, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »

Once you have not selected in the allotted time its a pass. No one else left to pick so no opportunity to come back later and pick as there would have been in earlier rounds when people missed their spot . Draft over.

That's my interpretation and I was wondering xhycwe are not onto free agency

Not to do this is gaming it for an admittedly tiny advsntage and against the spirit of it.

I cant help you understand any more bud. You've basically made something up in your head, then made several posts as if what you've made up in your head is true and then challenged other people to verify what you've made up.

I'm going to leave you to it from here bud but you will know when Ive passed because as with everyone else I will announce I've passed.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: August 23, 2019, 05:56:50 PM »

Commissioners decision. To my mind by not selecting for three days, not posting on the thread to any effect, you have passed. Otherwise you could keep it live all the way through to the start of the season, by which time you could have a player go on IR so no need to find a drop, or through the fourth pre season games etc etc.

Where does it stop? This is both illogical and unfair.

If they disagree fine.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 05:58:44 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: August 23, 2019, 06:02:12 PM »

Evening all.

I'm out at the moment and Sheriff isn't online.

You've both made your points clearly. Sheriff and I will discuss and get back to everyone on here. I expect free agency won't be opened until we have done that.

Bobby1, decide what you want to do, by the rules as you understand them to be. If you would rather tell me privately than disclose a pick publicly, until we have sorted this out, that's fine.

Until then folks, free agency should stay closed.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: August 23, 2019, 07:40:14 PM »

i have to side with bobby1 here

if you miss your draft pick at say round 3.04 the draft continues and you can jump in at anytime
as everyone else is out and bobby1 is still in he can jump back into the rookie draft at anytime untill he states he is out or the draft is called over

his time might be up but the next person to pick is him anyway.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: August 23, 2019, 07:49:46 PM »

Yes but it's the last pick. Yes he is exploiting a loophole, but with no time limit on that last pickhe can go two weeks til he picks. I gave examples, a player could go on IR in the meantime which saves him having to drop a player when he makes his last choice

Late draft pick decisions come with difficult drop decisions, this might allow him to bypass that.

Well done to him but hopefully the loophole can be closed for next year (the last pick neds a firm time limit) and Phil can go off hunting for another angle to exploit which of course he is good at and takes creativity to find 🙂
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:52:51 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: August 23, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »

Yes but it's the last pick. Yes he is exploiting a loophole, but with no time limit on that last pickhe can go two weeks til he picks. I gave examples, a player could go on IR in the meantime which saves him having to drop a player when he makes his last choice

Late draft pick decisions come with difficult drop decisions, this might allow him to bypass that.

Well done to him but hopefully the loophole can be closed for next year (the last pick neds a firm time limit) and Phil can go off hunting for another angle to exploit which of course he is good at and takes creativity to find 🙂
yeah i agree need to put a time limit on for future drafts

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: August 23, 2019, 09:25:42 PM »

For info I’ve PMed Tal with my thoughts and will advise once we’ve had chance to discuss.  I’m on a campsite in France so am just catching up on developments.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: August 23, 2019, 10:34:53 PM »

Lol angle shoot a bit more, pretty pathetic for a £20 friendly league pal.

FWIW I didn’t stall on taking picks because it was preseason. I just played the game as it came round to me.
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: August 23, 2019, 11:09:28 PM »

Better get some lawyers on the case for draft rules next season.

Although I guess we might not need a draft next year if bobby is still on the clock from this years draft.

Obviously it should be the same time limit as the previous picks, if the team on the clock in the nfl timed out then free agency would be open to the rest of the league. 
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: August 24, 2019, 01:42:01 AM »

I'm going to be polite here. You have again made up a list of things yourself and then had a conversation on here as tho what you have made up is true. I have abs no intention of doing any of the things you list, I already said I have no intention of stretching it into next week let alone the week after.

You've then used loophole, angles to exploit, illogical and unfair. On top of that I've got angle shooter from a guy who's posts I usually ignore when posted late at night or early hours of the morning.

Thanks for that.

Anyway, I pass simply to save you from yourself if I had managed to create the roster space and pick someone up.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: August 24, 2019, 08:58:45 AM »

You are an angle shooter.

And what you are trying to imply I’m really unsure as I make about half a dozen posts a year on here and they are all to draft rookies every August!

The fact you don’t read my posts or ignore my posts doesn’t stop you creeping into my DM’s with a “hey bud do you wanna trade this for that” 300 times a day does it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: August 24, 2019, 09:39:55 AM »

I don't think angle shooter is correct

Phil is very skilled at finding edges, and obviously a fierce competitor in this game. afaik as an odds compiler(?) identifying them is a substantial part of his life, and that's ok in this game too

Where they push too far (inadvertently, Phil wouldn't have meant to have extended his pick into another ten days ago but the possiblity was there and i gave a couple of examples of how that could benefit him or someone else doing it) then I also see no problem with questioning it and asking the commissioners to decide whats right

We have several of these each year and those decisions help make the game more watertight.

Thanks to Phil for remaining polite and apologies if i over-did it.

My eyes are open wide
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: August 24, 2019, 09:45:09 AM »

Angle Shooter
Noun

A player who intentionally uses tactics that border between being within or outside of the rules.

EXAMPLE: "When there is an angle shooter in the game I'm in it definitely kills the entertainment. Who wants to be arguing about rules details when we could be playing another hand?"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: August 24, 2019, 09:53:19 AM »

Thanks everyone for giving your comments.

Just catching up. Will discuss with Sheriff and we'll come back to everyone on here.

I see Bobby1 has passed now, so the draft is over and we will confirm shortly what's happening next with waivers, free agency etc.

Quick reminder that, in the meantime, you should make sure you have picked up your drafted players and made any necessary drops, so that your roster is up to date.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 324 325 [326] 327 328 329 330 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: