blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:50:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 611899 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #5715 on: January 09, 2022, 02:53:02 PM »

Ye the plan is to build it up over the years and the first person to win 3 or 5 seasons wins the pit.

More than happy to discuss and see what the league wants?

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: March 14, 2022, 09:13:47 AM »

Brady is back I am open for offers

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: May 21, 2022, 03:38:02 PM »

I am happy to set up the draft for the redraft league but need someone to take over for trades etc as i will likely not be available on Sunday afternoon evenings for processing trades

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5718 on: July 23, 2022, 04:38:00 PM »

Start planning drafts for new season?

Last season we began rookie drafts for established Dynasty Leagues on August 16th. Sounds like a good time to kick it all off again.

Also, everyone coming back? I'm in for all 3 leagues (Redraft, Dynasty, 2QB Dynasty (which I think is the Tony Kendall dynasty)) assuming they all run, of course.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: July 23, 2022, 05:19:42 PM »

nobody has stepped forward to take on the admin of redraft
normally the dynasty we start drafting after preseason game 1 (remembering there is only 3 preseason games )

Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: July 28, 2022, 02:03:23 PM »

Last season we began rookie drafts for established Dynasty Leagues on August 16th. Sounds like a good time to kick it all off again.

Also, everyone coming back? I'm in for all 3 leagues (Redraft, Dynasty, 2QB Dynasty (which I think is the Tony Kendall dynasty)) assuming they all run, of course.

Definitely in for the dynasty leagues. Not really bothered for the redraft if I'm honest.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: July 28, 2022, 02:28:02 PM »

I'm in for the dynasty leagues. Not so strong on the redraft, so happy if it gives someone else a chance to play to step aside. Equally, can play if it makes up a number.

The old Yahoo league - I'm going to call it the Tony Kendall Cup now, as that's what we're playing for, after all. Will help distinguish it from the other league.

Am having trouble with the Sleeper app. It's like it doesn't want to play with Android. I've changed 'phone and it won't allow me to update the app. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing similar. Have a look if you've not been in for a while.

Will set out rules and all that jazz here as normal, after we've got confirmation of who's in and who's out. Usual deal: £20 entry and I'm going to suggest a slight flattening of the payouts to £150 for first and £50 for second. That is unless anyone has strong views against this.

Draft we'll do during preseason as usual.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: July 28, 2022, 03:04:38 PM »

I would like to play the redraft league if it runs

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: July 28, 2022, 06:33:57 PM »

PSA: The Sleeper app has changed on Android (dont know about Apple). I needed to uninstall and reinstall it from the Play Store. When I went into my Play Store apps it didnt show Sleeper, even though it was installed, and I couldn't update it. Others may need to do this as well.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: July 28, 2022, 07:17:05 PM »

Still in for both dynasty leagues! Not in for redraft.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: July 28, 2022, 07:42:21 PM »

I'm up for redraft if we get enough players, or maybe a best ball league as that is a one and go.

If anyone has any more Dynasty leagues that have spaces and are on Sleeper, Yahoo or NFL.com, I'm always up for more leagues, but $50 max entry fees. Can't afford big money leagues this year as buying a house.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: July 28, 2022, 10:10:23 PM »

PSA: The Sleeper app has changed on Android (dont know about Apple). I needed to uninstall and reinstall it from the Play Store. When I went into my Play Store apps it didnt show Sleeper, even though it was installed, and I couldn't update it. Others may need to do this as well.

Thank you. That's worked

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: July 31, 2022, 03:07:05 PM »

So for the Tony Kendall Cup we have:

Tal
Ironside
bobby1
Forth
bergeroo
stevef31

Just waiting on Sicilian and Tighty to confirm.

I'm assuming everyone is also in for the 2QB league? I've sent a message to Sicilian and Tighty (or at least I will after this post) because there's less than a month until we start so we really should be rookie drafting asap.

As for redraft, doesn't look like that will be going ahead. bobby1 suggested on Sleeper a best ball league - in summary we draft a 25 player squad before the season starts, all skill players (QB/WR/RB/TE/Flex), no defence or kickers. You then don't need to do anything, just leave it and watch the results. Your team is decided by the highest scorers from your squad in each position. The downside of it is that you can't change your squad at all, so if both your RB's get hurt/get COVID, tough luck. This can also be played in 2 ways...standard H2H like we have done in redraft etc, or as a simple league table based on the number of points you score.

I'd be up for it - anyone else, even those who have never played before as a nice introduction to Fantasy NFL?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: July 31, 2022, 06:08:13 PM »

i like the idea of a best ball league, with 25 man squads you should have enough cover for any injuries.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: July 31, 2022, 06:52:32 PM »

Tony Kendall Cup

Ok, let's do the annual encyclopaedia message.

Commissioner situation and Disputes

This remains as per last year: I'm the Commissioner; ForthThistle is the Co-Commissioner.

If there is a dispute you can't sort out between yourselves, it can be referred to me and I will make the decision.

If the dispute involves me, ForthThistle will make the decision.

If the dispute is between me and Forth, we'll agree someone else to make the decision.  

Teams

I've heard from everyone apart from Sicilian to say they're in for this season. As he's been a fixture of these leagues, I'm working on the presumption he'll be back. Naturally, be good to hear from you when about, Sicilian Smiley

It's a 10 team Dynasty league and the squads remain as they are in your Sleeper app currently.

Entry fee  

These will remain at £20 for the season.

I'll be collecting for this league, so please send your £20 to me as soon as is practicable. I'll PM anyone who needs my details shortly.

Prizes

This league is a simple winner and runner-up affair. I've amended the prizes this year to flatten it out a bit:

Winner: £150
Runner-Up: £50

Rosters

30-man rosters again, with an additional 5 Injured Reserve places.

In recent years, we've discussed changes to the rosters, but I'm content to keep them as they are. We have a fairly shallow waiver wire and free agency pool, but it's still workable.

Injured Reserve

Teams in the real NFL have players designated as IR and they don't count against their 53 man rosters.

Last year, I allowed the Covid-19 designation to count towards the IR slots. This year, I'm removing that, as it doesn't seem likely that this will be as significant a factor, on current evidence. If a player is sick for one week with a stomach issue, they can't go on IR, so I think we can treat Covid the same now.

The IR slots are for players who are out for multiple weeks and that's the way we should be playing it, too.

There is also the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, which a few players in rosters will currently have as a designation. This is a multiple week injury designation and I'm happy for those players to go into the IR slots, if you want to put them there.

When a player's designation is removed, it's because the NFL team has removed it. They'll have had to make room on their roster and so should we. So, when the designation is removed, there's an expectation that you will take them off IR and put them back in your 30 man squad, even if that means cutting another player. Sleeper requires you to do this before you can make changes to the 30 man squad.

Sometimes, the designation is removed late on. I think it's fair to say you should make reasonable efforts to check (recognising not everyone is available every week). If I notice, I might send you a message on a Sunday to make you aware, but I'll generally leave you to get on with the job. I've no interest in being a heavy presence in the league, not least as it's full of people who know what they're doing.

Responsibilities of players

All players are expected to:
  • Make reasonable efforts to pick the best team they can each week
  • Make reasonable efforts to maintain their rosters (e.g., so that IR-designated players are restored to the roster once off IR)
  • Pay their entry fee
  • Treat everyone with respect
  • Be treated by everyone with respect

This list isn't exhaustive, but I think it gives you an idea.

There is no obligation on anyone to participate in chat or to engage in trades. The league runs well when everyone participates, but we all have our own lives and it's not always practicable for people to set line-ups, respond to trade offers or generally to do much with their rosters. It happens and I'm generally not minded to get involved. It's a shame when a missed Sunday check means a team is a man down, especially if that benefits the opponent significantly for the league. I'll look to apply common sense as much as possible on that, but it'd be really helpful for all if you'd all try at least to look at the team on a Sunday to make sure you've not had any surprise pull-outs.

Draft

I've put it in to start this coming Friday. It's 24 hours max per pick, as per last year.

The draft order is as follows (last year's finishing position alongside):

7 - ChipRich/LeKnave
8 - TightEnd
9 – Stevef31
10 - ForthThistle
5 - KarmaDope
6 - Sicilian
3 - Bergeroo
4 - Bobby1
2 - Ironside
1 - Tal

If anyone is away or might otherwise find themselves at risk of being unavailable to pick, I suggest setting up a list, so you don't end up with an autodraft selection from the computer.

What happens now?

You send me £20.

We start the draft Friday morning.

Please trim your rosters down as required.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:14:46 PM by Tal » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 380 381 [382] 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: