blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:45:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598409 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2550 on: October 08, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

Tough weekend..frustrating when you get 76% hit rate and still relying on tonight to break even...

Saturday footie was horrible..the 3 that missed were the more favoured picks...

sunday footie 3/3..helped to start filling in the hole..

and almost scooped NFL 5/6... Bengals letting us down against an improving Miami..there front 7 quite a force...Bengals had 2 shots at the winning TD but couldnt get it home... was a bummer as had them as one of the more favoured picks..one I was worried about was Atlanta but RG3 for washington got knocked out of the game ( literally ) in the 3rd qtr and it saw us home..spot on with the Eagles ... Vick spilling the ball twice.... minnesota crushing the Titans and defensive battle in carolina....

small profit on the 5 fold and our Texan pick tonight to break even

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: October 08, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »

I now have my main bet of the weekend placed

Walsall vs Carlisle  £140 over 3.5 goals at 9/4 and £90 on over 4.5 goals at 11/2

Plus £40 e/w on Clayton at 7/1 in the 3.20 Newmarket tomorrow

Why not. I am on too.
I apologise in advance

Sorry again....

Tell me what you are on this week and i will back the opposite to make up for it
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: October 13, 2012, 10:34:38 AM »

Not really posted much on here this last week as have been under it in many areas...

Let's go back to last Friday when I followed a Tighty cricket tip and backed the first side batting iin the cricket of the T20 final and my £125 wager returned £150 and at the same time had invested £100 spread on over 3.5 goals and over 4.5 goals in the Walsall vs Carlisle match plus £40 ew on the horse that is probs still running for the Saturday as I was going to be limited with time due to having to work and then drive up to DTD for the £150 straight after work, when the cricket had finished I collected and re-invested so my position on Walsall was £140 @ 9/4 on over 3.5 goals and £90 @11/2 on over 4.5 goals.

Saturday was a mission with me still viewing wiht clients till 12.30 and arriving at DTD by 3.15pm and not long after the match was 1-1 with 20 mins of the first half still to play (good start) also I had chipped up to 41k but this wasn't to last either, the horse ran down the track and depsite 32 efforts on goal from both sides the match finished 1-2 and after level 8 it was down the M1 and a few hours to work on the Sunday.

Sunday started off with a £200 loser on the F1 when I backed Jenson Button to be on the podium in the Japanese GP and despite an amazing start his middle part of the race was a bit like my tourney form the Saturday and a poor final pitstop meant he finally finished 4th and after 3 hours in the office I was given a pass out to Luton for the afternoon as Petra had some friends and all the toddlers over so I took the opportunity to have a placepot on the "Arc" meeting hoping for some favs to get beat on the poor ground and backed a pipe horse called War Singer who had been sent a long way investing £60 @ 9/4 and £50 on the pp.

The placepot was one result shy of a decent result and I returned £135 for the £50 and War Singer obliged leaving me in good sprits entering the £50 comp at the "G" but my first entry went just before the end of level 3 with my KK losing to AJss and A5 and then a table change and a re-entry later followed by some very good get theres by my oppos and I was back down the M1 and M25 arriving just in time to follow the shrewdies in on some NFL with a £50 double which went down the pan but the worst part of my last week was yet to come...

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: October 13, 2012, 10:35:45 AM »

Monday started off absolutely terrible with the first 2 phone calls of the day being 2 buyers pulling out of deals and one of them was involved in chain of 3 that we had sold so that was 4 abortive sales by 9.10am and lost fees of £20k to the office and £1k to each of us in the office and as we report figures on Monday's and also were having our monthly sales meeting this was not going to a comfortable meeting for me anyway and this was made worse when about 2 hours before the meeting the owner of the firm had said that whilst I was off one of my colleagues (theres only 2 in this office) had sent him an e-mail which questioned my commitment to the cause (nice to know who your friends are) and that he would run through it with me in private and then come down to sort it out with us in the office.

So I sat in the meeting wondering what it could be about and when we had a break chatted to Anthony and he said that my colleague was frustrated and felt that the fact that I had a lot of Saturdays as my chosen day off was impacting on the business among some other internal gripes but he really put the boot in and it has taken me until the latter part of the week to take all the knives that were placed in my back out.

The guy in question is undoubtably one of the best agents I have worked with and is really passionate about his job and is a very sensitive person and we are actually very good friends as we ahve worked together for 6 years and he is a complex guy who if managed wrong does not perform but if you press the right buttons is a great asset to a company and when I looked at the email in question and the time it had been sent I realised how he would have been feeling as we had just come off the back of 8 weeks were we only had 2 people in the office due to him covering other offices appts whilst they had A/L and had not managed their diary correctly and then our office where for 5 weeks solid one of us was on holiday and obv we didnt get help form other offices.

This by week 7 had left him at breaking point and triggered the email but the email had then put a mahoosive spotlight over me and on Tuesday morning I came into the office but was told not to say anything as my boss would be down by Thursday to sort it out, so from Tuesday morning till Thursday aft I said nothing but everything was strained and whilst sat on the Mezanine floor I was wondering does he know I know but had to sit quietly and just got my head down at work.

By Thursday afternoon I had gone around the houses and I am not one to keep quiet for long and due to the fact that my colleague was going away for a couple of days I took the bull by the horns and confronted him, letting him know that I was disappointed that after all we had been through and the help I had given him he had chosen to send an email as opposed to sit with me and for us to sort out his frustrations together and most likely work towards acommon goal as we had before and that doing it this way just put a msiive spotlight on me and the office and meant that in an office of 3 it was going to make life difficult for us all.

We talked for about an hour and left on good terms and are having an office meeting on Monday to iron out any issues and try to plan forwards but the past week has definately left it's scars and made me question a number of things and in my next Tl;Dr post I shall talk about

A tilt bet
A trigger point
Business Plans
Being under it due to a flat sale not having gone through yet

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: October 13, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »

Anway today I am backing over 3.5 goals in the Carlisle vs Notts county match!!

So get laying Junior Senior!!!!!

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: October 13, 2012, 11:02:42 AM »

Norrrrrrrrrrr, wondered why you had been quiet of late. Feel your pain man, been under it for a while now money wise and office politics is a joke in our place. Had the same thing happen to me a while back the main difference being we are not in the slightest bit friends, never have been and  never will be. After her email to the world I replied CCing the world pointing out all the shit she had done wrong which I had previously brushed under the carpet, I despise grassing and grasses, but she pushed me to the edge. Atmosphere has actually been a bit better since I called her out.

Hope your tilt bet won and you get there with the business plans. Only a matter of weeks before you are on the beach with the family, feet up and cocktail in your hand.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: October 13, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »

Norrrrrrrrrrr, wondered why you had been quiet of late. Feel your pain man, been under it for a while now money wise and office politics is a joke in our place. Had the same thing happen to me a while back the main difference being we are not in the slightest bit friends, never have been and  never will be. After her email to the world I replied CCing the world pointing out all the shit she had done wrong which I had previously brushed under the carpet, I despise grassing and grasses, but she pushed me to the edge. Atmosphere has actually been a bit better since I called her out.

Hope your tilt bet won and you get there with the business plans. Only a matter of weeks before you are on the beach with the family, feet up and cocktail in your hand.

Hmmm kinda Disagree here mate. I wouldn't even call it grassing. I have sent emails numerous times to head of management in a 700 ppl company about people with 20 years experience in a department I'm not in expressing my thoughts on their attitude/incompetence. Everybody should be working for the same goal and management, especially in such a big company can't see everything. I think it's almost your prerogative to 'grass' if there is a problem.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: October 13, 2012, 12:25:50 PM »

Hmmm kinda Disagree here mate. I wouldn't even call it grassing. I have sent emails numerous times to head of management in a 700 ppl company about people with 20 years experience in a department I'm not in expressing my thoughts on their attitude/incompetence. Everybody should be working for the same goal and management, especially in such a big company can't see everything. I think it's almost your prerogative to 'grass' if there is a problem.

I would never do this, as far as I'm concerned if it's not my department it's not my place, pretty hard for this not to seem like brown nosing by you Pads from your colleagues perspectives.

That said, if I was Rich here, I believe your the gaffer of your place right ? I'd sack the guy, can't trust him now and it's a shits trick what he's done, assuming it's possible legally he'd be out the door.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: October 13, 2012, 12:31:11 PM »

Can see your point but dont agree tbh mate. Do you speak to them first or snap fire an email? I think if they keep messing up they will get seen for what they are sooner or later, that or hopefully they will improve. It was instilled into me from an early age that you just dont grass, whatever the circumstances really. Often I will email or speak to a person directly and say look mate you did this sort it out, but for her to go and call me out on a mistake when I have covered her back so many times I thought no chance am I letting her away with this one.
 I wouldn't suggest this attitude if you were a surgeon or what have you.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: October 13, 2012, 01:42:17 PM »

Will explain more later..

atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: October 13, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: October 13, 2012, 02:42:45 PM »

I'm glad i don't have to contend with office politics anymore.. i used to work in the city and it was more dangerous than taking a midnight stroll through Helmand...So many pricks just dying to stomp over your still smoking carcass...

TBH ... i think your collegues a fucking tosser... wouldnt make excuses for him being sensitive he didnt seem to take your feelings into consideration whilst dartboarding your back... you could never trust this dude again... your like me too easy going for your own good mr Eso... you call him a friend..friends don't do this mate

as an aside a rather rushed acca on a short league week.. 6 and a 5 fold

1    Over 2.5    Northampton v Exeter
(Total Goals)    13/10/2012    None    1.80    To Run
2    Over 2.5    Hereford v Braintree Town
(Total Goals)    13/10/2012    None    1.61    To Run
3    Over 2.5    Woking v Southport
(Total Goals)    13/10/2012    None    1.57    To Run
4    Over 2.5    Gateshead v Cambridge Utd
(Total Goals)    13/10/2012    None    1.70    To Run
5    Over 2.5    Afan Lido v Airbus UK
(Total Goals)    13/10/2012    None    1.40    To Run
6    Over 2.5    Bangor City v Llanelli
(Total Goals)    13/10/2012    None    1.36    To Run

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: October 13, 2012, 04:31:28 PM »

easy money Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: October 13, 2012, 05:28:01 PM »

got to love Notts County's stats

3 shots
3 on target
4 goals

can only assume the penalty doesn't count as a shot (then wtf is it?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19854781

AceHighSuited

View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: October 15, 2012, 09:58:03 PM »

been hitting f5 since Saturday waiting on the rest of the story.  Suspense is killing me. 
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: