blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:21:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272624 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598675 times)
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: March 19, 2014, 10:28:57 AM »

Much love and well wishes <3

Allez!!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »

Xx

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: March 19, 2014, 10:58:42 AM »

My thoughts are with you both today

Ship It!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: March 19, 2014, 11:10:17 AM »

My thoughts are with you both today

+1 two of the real great guys of blonde.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: March 28, 2014, 11:52:51 AM »

Been a bit busy the last week so thought I would come back to this now so thanks for all the kind thoughts itt ^^^ last week.

This is/was my Dad and for those that have not read from the start and he passed away 5 years ago just before I got married to Petra and was lost to a cancer relapse that had been missed and then his records lost by the hospital causing further delays in treatment meaning it was too late to treat it and he was given 6months to live in the November and passed away peacefully with my brother, Petra and myself by his side whilst holding his hand.
Here he is – Andrew Charles Blacklock

Click to see full-size image.

He was a really top Dad and a very well liked man in work and socially with my early memories of him being a man everyone had time for and he had an unbelievable caring side but even from an early age I remember the arguments that Mum and Dad had but he remained focused on us as kids.
He grew up in Burton on Trent and attended a boarding school locally before working for Rolls Royce as an apprentice and had a long career there working his way up the ladder but left to pursue a career as a buyer in a big company and again worked his way to MD before he got moved aside at the age of 50 and found he couldn’t get re-employed as most people felt he was too old.
His health problems had then started as documented in the early days of this diary and eventually having been consigned to the over 50’s work scrapheap he decided to wind down and took a chauffeur’s job for a cosmetic surgery company where he drove around picking up/dropping off mainly young women who had been in for boob/nose jobs and drove the surgeons around the country on a regular basis until he had to retire due to his illness.

After he had passed we scattered most of his ashes here at Bretby Crematorium where his mother was scattered and due to the distance my brother and I agreed to scatter some in a lovely place just off the seafront by me as he had always wished to retire and live by the sea but never got the chance. (just spent 30 mins trying to rotate but given up!)

Click to see full-size image.

Here is Ivy on the anniversary of his passing sat by the big oak tree where we scattered the ashes around the base and I drive past the tree every day on the way to work and always say “good morning” to him and on birthdays, anniversaries etc go and spend a few minutes with him for a chat and take the kids to see him.

If you have read from the start you will know that I caused a lot of hurt to him whilst he was alive and I had to live with the guilt of that whilst he was ill wondering if I had caused some of his health issues and was so glad when we actually started speaking again and had a few months together before he passed away but still regret hurting the great man and really regret the fact he never got to see his grandchildren as he would have been an amazing Grandad as we was a great Dad.
I know since he passed I have done some things that he would be proud of and a fair few he would definitely not approved of but I guess that’s just me and being the person he was am sure he would understand but he is never forgotten and always in mine and my families thoughts.
RIP Dad.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: March 28, 2014, 12:18:18 PM »

On a lighter note the past week to 10 days has seen Ivy's first birthday and Max's 3rd birthday and they had great days with us and some of the family.
Excuse the singing but here are the kids on their respective birthdays with cakes made by Petra.

and a couple of days after Ivy turned 1 she started walking, now you cannot stop her and its great to see them go from crawling to suddenly walking around!

The Ipad was not a present for her but it never ceases to amaze how kids are advanced using technology available and grow up with this as part of their normal lives.

Elsewhere 1500 items of kids clothing were shipped out last week to Slovakia to join what we already have out there and Petra and the kids flew on Wednesday afternoon for 2 weeks to get the shop ready to open on 5/4 with me flying out next Tuesday to help out before the Saturday.

Petra has worked really hard on this and whilst its never going to be a multi million pound business it should provide around e1000-e2000 profit per month which we can either leave out there or bring back here and invest elsewhere with our plans for the next few years.

I have not played Poker since the start of the month when I finished 19th in the deepstack but played last night in the £250 8max and finished 7/7/36 going into day2 on Sunday with 32.5bb's at starting bb 3000 when we return so although not healthy against my day 1 where the average was 80bb's we are still in!!

Got close on the darts last night to a good score as had £4.5 trebles and Four folds in all the matches and if MVG had not taken out 128 in the last leg of his match could have quite easily scooped close to £6k but still nicked a few quid and had a sweat which is what Thurs nights are all about.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: April 01, 2014, 07:42:41 AM »

Just had a really good omelette at Luton airport on the way out to Slovakia via Brno in Czech Republic to hook up with Petra and family and finalise the shop ready for the opening on Saturday. She said it has gone pretty well so far and the next few days are about marketing in the surrounding villages to ensure they know about the shop, a few people from their village had a look in yesterday and one woman took an interest in some stock and Petra let her take a carrier bag of clothes as she knew her which came to €84 so it hopefully bodes well and it would be a lovely problem to have to need to find loads of stock.

Pretty much bubbled both comps at Dtd the weekend finishing 26th with 24 paid when 4b jammed 23 bbs co v active button and he snapped 88 for similar having 3b to 5bbs and we didn't get there and in a stats based bet managed to get 7/8 home teams to score over 1.5 goals in the Bundesliga with only Dortmund 2/5 at home letting me down for a 6k score which was pretty sigh although the 6folds and 7fold still paid a bag for a £100 layout but that's twice in a week we have been one result off a 5k score Sad

7 days away then back for Southend GPS where the usual suspects have a piece off me....

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: April 01, 2014, 11:05:06 AM »

Some great diarage Rich especially the lovely piece about your dad.

Best of luck with the shop opening.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: April 05, 2014, 07:52:56 AM »

Cheers Ralph

I have been here in Slovakia for a few days now and have dropped 5 villages with leaflets letting them know the shop opens today and have some great shots/videos of the villages and life here which I will post when back.

The itself is pretty basic but fine for its purpose till we see how it goes and then we may need different premises and Petra and her mum opened about 1/2 hour ago so the me and the kids will see how they get on in a bit..

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: April 05, 2014, 10:01:56 AM »

GL with the shop opening!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: April 05, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »

GL with the shop opening!
Cheers Callumborntoshop

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: April 05, 2014, 10:46:18 AM »

GL Sir.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: April 05, 2014, 11:52:39 AM »

Good luck with the new venture mate.

Ah! The element of surprise
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: April 05, 2014, 12:25:05 PM »

Only just caught up now, but definitely this.

Cheers for the vid of Ivy walking, nice to be reminded that I was steadier on my feet at 1 Grin

Have fun on the trip, and best of luck with it going forward!

Big_D

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: April 05, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »

Good luck today mate.

Ship It!
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: