blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:52:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598455 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3825 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:06 PM »

Good luck with this year Rich
Well done on the giving up the punting !

+1 to this. Please join the fatties thread! How much do you weigh? You will be the lightst by 7 stone I reckon. Def good for your ego!!!!!
Cheers chaps

I probably weigh 83 Kilo's (just over 13.07 stone which is about a stone too much for me although I dont really measure myself in weight it's more about how I look/feel in clothes that matters more as I am naturally quite stocky/muscley in build.

Look out for me in there over the next few weeks.....

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:30 PM »

I would be greatful if you could give me your thoughts on the brochure on this page!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64792.0

Done mate

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: January 19, 2015, 11:05:33 PM »

Trying to send u some info on my phone but can't, will have to do it tomorrow on the computer... There is one place I know of that does ribs, steaks & chicken sweet potato fries etc near me... I've been twice it's good but service is pretty piss poor.

http://cleaverrestaurants.co.uk/menu.php

Also in Guildford there is a really nice burger place. It's literally the nicest burger I've had and hugely popular. Everyone can see them make the food, it's all fresh etc and price wise it's pretty decent for the quality.  They give u a unlimited amount of soft drink so it's more appealing to the lower class I guess as they have those machines in store and obv they don't make their money on alcohol and such like as they don't sell any. The burgers are awesome tho.

http://m.fiveguys.com/

the latter is more a fast food establishment, it's pretty funky tho and the staff are more attentive than the first one which is quite strange.

P.s any jobs about ? 😉
Cheers Dreenie

When we are interviewing I will drop you a line but getting to Southend is probs not what you fancy doing every day?

What are you up to at the moment yourself?

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: January 19, 2015, 11:30:20 PM »

Over the past week we have met 3 designers at the venue with a view to giving one of them the business as although we know how we would like the venue to look getting from A to B seems a million miles away but it also gave us chance to see from others perspective what they thought of the concept/venue and also to give us a ball park figure on what they thought we will spend to get the doors open.

One designer is known to us through the business network institute with the other two being picked as they have recently won big design awards and all thought we could get to doors open within the £200-£300k budget that is there but when it came to their cost they ranged from £20k - £65k for roughly the same time and input so we are currently seeing who wants the business the most but judging them on what they bring to the party as one looked like he could bring the venue to life, one has experience in the same concept and the other believed they could take it on as a "brand" which is one of the things important to the investors who want to roll this out elsewhere if things go well.

This week sees us in a meeting Weds to finally nail the lease and should see an offer agreed on the premises with the vendors/landlords now waiting for us as they want us to have the premises and the council working with us to bring this iconic building back to life.  If this happens it will see a very busy 4-6 weeks as the initial design/name/branding/planning work happens with a view to doing the soft launches to friends, family and colleagues for the middle of May so that we benefit from a full season.

In home life the kids have Chicken Pox (planned) which has meant everyone at home has been a bit miserable but I suppose it will be all good in the end!

This week sees me play UKIPT London which is the first time I have played any cards since the Jan deepstack so I am looking forward to the game and hopefully get another decent run....

I have been watching loads of this recently http://www.foodnetwork.co.uk/tv-shows/restaurant-stakeout.html  and although I am sure it is made for TV and a touch American a lot of our core concepts in our businesses (the investors) are things that are important to the host which bodes well hopefully.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: January 24, 2015, 10:23:24 AM »

Not sure if anyone caught this but a phase of flats that are located on the Olympic Park were released by Taylor Wimpey homes yesterday with people having q'd for upto 48 hours in the cold to be first in line to reserve one of them.

There were 36 released in total and you left a £3500 deposit and the cheapest 1 beds went for £330'000 with the highest price 2 beds at £550'000 and they reckon that as they release more phases the prices will only go up!!!!

http://www.londonlive.co.uk/news/2015-01-23/people-queue-for-two-days-to-buy-london-s-housing

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: February 01, 2015, 01:01:41 PM »

Well the past couple of weeks has flown by as all areas of life have been pretty manic to be honest!

The kids are now coming out of the 2 weeks of Chicken Pox and they coped really well but just as they were coming out the other side Petra caught some viral infection and lost her voice completely for 3-4 days (insert own comment) but they are all ok now which is good.

UKIPT London was a bit of a blow out and as per my staking thread I never got out of the blocks on a table of young guys except me and two older guys one of whom it was his first time live and he asked me a few questions on the first break which I think settled his nerves as they were mainly rules based Q's that he was unsure of and one had found himself unsure of what to do but I think he enjoyed his experience.  I just found myself with second best hands on the river early on and in 2 spots where I got rivered having made seemingly ok call downs on run outs to leave me short when our table broke and then having moved to Claypole's table I managed to get my 18bb's in from the BB with AKo after Shaun had opened and got flatted in LP and Shaun got out fo the way quickly folding 10J but my oppo called with 10Jss and we lost the flip when the flop came JQ6 and faded the 9 outs twice on the turn and river to exit Sad

In real life work we still offer our "Sale by Tender" as a string to our listers bow although we have come away from any massive advertising of it and are about to launch our new promotion for the first 5 months of the year designed to get another chunk of listings with the chance of a massive bink for some lucky vendor.

In each of the three towns ours offices are located in we are 1st, 2nd or 3rd in terms of overall market share so would always get a chance of the instruction when we are through the door but then it comes down to if the vendor likes us the most, or likes our marketing, sometimes it's fee orientated but clients will pay a touch more if they actually believe that our Valuer, Team, Office, Company are the ones who will get them the best price and offer the best service so for all the vendors who may have liked the other agent/s a touch more we are going to give them a chance to win a Brand New Mini One in this promo...

Click to see full-size image.

Basicaly all anyone has to do is give us their property to sell for a period of 14 weeks sole agency and they receive one ticket into a prize draw which will be closed on the 1st June and drawn on the 30th June with the lucky winner getting the car which will be available to be seen and touched at a local BMW Franchise that we are in a joint venture with who are branding it up for us and putting it on their raised forecourt with us branding up the 2 minis on our fleet currently.

Even if they are not sold by the time of the draw they can still win the car which after a deal for us of giving us the car at cost means each office only needs an uplift in 5 instructions per month to have made the promo work and gives anyone who was thinking of selling a 250/1 poke of winning a new car.

We are still up to our necks in the restaurant venture and the waistline has taken a hammering eating at different venues to see what others offer in different areas with the latest one being a fairly small family run place where we were served this.

Chilli Burger

Chilli Cheese chips

Combo Platter with Ribs, Baby Back Ribs, Pulled Pork, Chilli and Chicken Thighs plus sides of Chips, Cowboy beans, Slaw and cornbread muffins

It wasnt bad but not really rememberable either but wherever we go it is easy to find areas that you feel you could massively improve what they do whether it be staff, venue, menu etc and I suppose it is slightly easier to look at when you are not a restauranter or chef but just good business people.

We had a final meeting this week with the landlords of our proposed venue and have now agreed terms with us getting 4 months rent free followed by a 5 year plan that is at a level we wanted and fought for and the landlord who also is on the council is currently helping us to grab some last minute funding from the council where as we are creating between 20-30 jobs locally we qualify for a grant of upto £50k if we can spend £150k before the end of Feb which seems a chunk but when you add in build costs, designers, kitchen and bar fit outs you would be amazed where it goes.

Before we can sign terms though we are just agreeing %'5 with our external investors where there are 4 initial investors (Myself and Dubai inc) plus two other really well connected business people with money to invest who want a piece of the action going forward and under what I spoe about before  with the tax benefits it becomes attractive for them.

Basically for £100k they will get 20% of the business with us gifting them the SEIS (Seed Investment Tax Benfit) of 50% on their first £75k each so £37.5k back straight away in personal tax benefit and then 30% on the rest of their investment meaning that for putting up £100k of investment they get 20% for £55k so as long as their personal tax is £45k they get that back in a rebate and then next year if we are succesful and open up a second venue, with the way we are structuring the business they can invest another £100k and get the same benefit back (it can even be split around his family as long as he gives them the ££ to invest if his/her personal tax is not at that level)

This last few months has really opened up my eyes in this investment world as it seems incredible that you can invest in a fresh start business or one trading less than two years and effectively get back 50% of your outlay striaght away and fingers crossed that in the next 7 dyas we have all agreed the equity shares as in an ideal world we want to soft launch this venue in the 3rd week of May so that would give us 15/16 weeks last Friday to the launch date..... 

edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: February 01, 2015, 01:44:52 PM »

Great to see you have got to grips with SEIS and EIS and making it work for you, Rich!!

Vbol with it all and great to hear updates Smiley

Allez!!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: February 01, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »

Great to see you have got to grips with SEIS and EIS and making it work for you, Rich!!

Vbol with it all and great to hear updates Smiley
Cheers Ed, I owe you a decent meal and a few beers if we get this through as although I'm sure the accountant (one of the initial4) had heard of SEIS/EIS it enabled me to bring it to the fore with the other 2 before he got involved.

Thx again bud!!

CatfordFISH

View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: February 02, 2015, 06:29:17 AM »

Defo one of the best diarys on blonde at the mo!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: February 02, 2015, 09:27:53 AM »

Defo one of the best diarys on blonde at the mo!
Thanks very much, it's always hard thinking if people are actually interested in what you post and I don't lead the colourful lives that Alex and Cos do or have the life experience of ( Tikay and Red )  Wink so try to just be me as I have from the start.

Have we met irl? Do you play poker? If so whereabouts as I guess from your name you are from London?

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: February 05, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »

Enjoying the diary.

Sounds like a great promo you are running, hope it results in decent uplift in business.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: February 05, 2015, 12:45:09 AM »

Your diary is awesome.  I wish you would post more.  Straight from the start i could relate to it.  We are the same age, same sick degens in the late 90s trying to get up the corporate ladder but loving the dirty side of gambling and getting totally balls deep into punting/massively in debt in games we can't beat when we were both clueless just for the sheer buzz of it because the corporate world at 25 was so fucking boring to us both.  One question.  Why did you think one day 'fuck me southend needs a smokehouse and i am going to set it up with a serious lump of my own cash?'  You are an estate agent.  Why didn't you think 'You know what i fancy setting up my own agency'?  No rubs intended just a serious question.  Pretty sure you will be a winner at whatever you turn your hand to business wise but i am just really interested why you want to get into this business.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: February 05, 2015, 07:24:17 AM »

Your diary is awesome.  I wish you would post more.  Straight from the start i could relate to it.  We are the same age, same sick degens in the late 90s trying to get up the corporate ladder but loving the dirty side of gambling and getting totally balls deep into punting/massively in debt in games we can't beat when we were both clueless just for the sheer buzz of it because the corporate world at 25 was so fucking boring to us both.  One question.  Why did you think one day 'fuck me southend needs a smokehouse and i am going to set it up with a serious lump of my own cash?'  You are an estate agent.  Why didn't you think 'You know what i fancy setting up my own agency'?  No rubs intended just a serious question.  Pretty sure you will be a winner at whatever you turn your hand to business wise but i am just really interested why you want to get into this business.

Cojones.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: February 05, 2015, 10:41:35 AM »

Enjoying the diary.

Sounds like a great promo you are running, hope it results in decent uplift in business.
Thx mate!

@ Arboy
TYVM bud, I would post more but it's a time thing.  We would definitely have been degening around the same time and not a long way from each other so it's mad that our paths didnt cross until 2010ish but unfortunately for me I think I have pretty much under achieved in all I have done since I was about 25 due to my degen side and only since early 30's have I actually applied myself to real life.

Dont get me wrong I wouldnt change anything I have done in the past as it has got me to where I am today but I often wonder what would have happened if I applied myself a bit more eg I flunked most of school and only came out with 2 GCSE's (at C or above in our day) and failed maths and only became good with figures through punting and I am very relaistic that all that I have now has come from the fact I lost my father nearly 6 years ago which gave me a second sixteenth chance and I would give it all up today and go back into rented if it meant he could be here and see the kids as he would have been a great Grandad.

In answer to the question about the Smokehouse, I have as part of my underachievement written and not started about 3-5 business plans for businesses that within 2 years people had done the same thing and smashed it and 2 years ago I was looking at this place on the seafront in Southend

I could have bought the lease for a few grand and planned to make it the only Costa style coffee house on that part of the seafront selling great quality coffee (£2.40 a cup), patisserie's and ice cream in the summer and was looking at it as part of a "Wealth Building" programme I want to do for 10 years with loads of passive incomes coming in and then see where I am at at 50 years old.  I had on speerate occasions Dubai, Lil Dave and Guy (the poster formally known as Outrageous) come to see it for various reasons but for whatever reason I didnt secure the premises and despite an offer of £45k per annum rent on the table since August last year the council have still not accepted mine or anyone elses offer and then a business colleague of mine said had I seen "The Royal Hotel" was up for rent as the same place that is in the picture where the red sign is on the photo above at the top of the cliff.

Having looked at the 6000sq feet I really didnt know what could be done with it as it needed 3 seperate business on the 3 floors or one really good one over 2 floors with some potential for the basement later, the afternoon after I showed Petra round it she went away and thought about it and that afternoon I spoke with Lil Dave who said had I seen this group http://truebarbecue.com/ and that they were bombed out so I did some research and went home with Petra telling me before I did that she had an idea and what about a modern twist on TGI Friday's or Simply Blues (south east chain) and when I showed her Reds she was like yeah.

So for a couple of months we have been doing various bits of research and the numbers of some places are scary good and here we are....

In escence it will be the biggest punt I have had but I am a big believer in the people who are investing and our ethos and whilst we may be thinking big from day 1 in terms of expansion and further sites in the next 18 months all the people investing wouldnt be interested in a small return.

Will post more on this later.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: February 05, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »

In less exciting news this is currently the beard which makes me look older and slightly like Saul (in before he is older with more hair) from Homeland Sad

Pages: 1 ... 252 253 254 255 [256] 257 258 259 260 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: