blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:50:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598158 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3810 on: January 01, 2015, 07:45:05 AM »

Hi Rich,

Did Max enjoy Paddington ? We were thinking of taking the girls to see it but weren't sure if they were old enough to enjoy it.
We're taking them to see the singalong version of Frozen on Friday so I'll see if I can get a video of Pete singing ' Do you want to build a snowman ' Smiley

Happy New Year !
Hi Lisa
Hope you, Pete and the girls had a great Christmas!
Yes he loved it and didn't want to move once so can definitely recommend it and there were only two mildly scary 2second moments (for Max not me obv) but a reassuring squeeze of my hand made it better of his hand and he was ok.

Please post the video here of Pete Wink

Hope you all have a healthy and prosperous 2015

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: January 08, 2015, 02:10:16 PM »

Well done for getting on loose women, to promote the new restaurant.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: January 09, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »

Well done for getting on loose women, to promote the new restaurant.
You are such a live fish!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: January 09, 2015, 10:21:32 AM »

A few days into 2015 I now finally have a bit of time to top and tail 2014 and also write out my hopes for 2015.

I have broken last year into a few areas and think that 2014 was a pretty big year for me as I probably grew up a bit and the biggest change in me was from July when I started my hypnotherapy which resulted in after the second session a period where I have not placed a bet, other than prop bets for dinner or my tournament entries (one of which is probably neutral ev and the other -   Wink  ).

So 2014 consisted of

Personal - After 20 years of being a punter I managed to stop sports/horse betting as a result of 9 hypnotherapy sessions that meant I was in day to day control of what I wanted to do with the pound in my pocket and it wasnt even a downswing or knocking a chunk in that made me want to rid myself of the leak, with it coming down to the fact I have too much going on in the back end of 2014/2015 plus a realisation that I am never going to bet in units/volume enough to change my lifestyle in a positive way so can devote the time to other areas of my life that will be more rewarding in many ways.

Business - We opened up two small business in 2014, one being the shop in Slovakia which coming up to its first year soon and a set of initial costs included will have turned a profit of £6k for about 3 hours per week in our time devoted to it and it keeps her mum and her mums friend in employment so this should make 10-15k next year.
The leaflet business has made £8k from a standing start and if I am honest I have not done a jot with it as once it was up and running I was moving onto my next venture so I have to give myself a fail here even though it has made money in escence for me just picking up a few boxes of leaflets and dropping them to the droppers to drop.  I do plan to work a bit harder on this over the coming weeks once we have the next venture wrapped up and the work in the background begins meaning I have a few hours more.

I started work on the 2015 project which is the most exciting venture and one that will be documented more this year....

Work - Having more time due to not punting or studying form meant I had more time in normal work which was good as my role was upgraded to looking after the profitability and staff management of the 3 offices on the estate agents side of which for the 3rd consecutive year our turnover increased with us turning over £1.13 million in income which is a 15% uplift from 2013 and sets the stall out for 2015 as we have set the guys a target of £1.5 million for this year.

Family - Due to the changes in my punting I think I became a better Dad all round and really enjoyed the joys that my family as a whole bring and I think I am pretty blessed with the life that they enable me to lead and the flexibility they give me and for that I am very thankful/grateful.

Poker - Coupled with being in a good place mentally I think I had my best year in poker (even if there were not any particularly big scores) with imo the consistency in the few events I play improving.  I played 21 tournaments in total across the year ranging from £100 events to £1000 with entries totalling £9360 (which is the total entries including any satelites but excluding the monetry amount if I had satt'ed in) and with one the GPS Sheffield Main event missing from my herbert and my Heads up deal with Pretty Boy Alex Martin (£1k more) not showing I cashed 8 times for £14785 which as a recreational punter on a beano I would take every year.

If I keep putting myself in these spots in 2015 I hope to have a decent score somewhere along the line as had fairly deep runs in a few decent comps but need to rid myself of my current min cash tag with another flag from the only event played so far this year last weekend.

I will come onto 2015 later on....

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: January 09, 2015, 04:01:21 PM »

1) First and foremost this year the biggest goal I have is to be the best Husband and Dad that I can be to Petra and the kids as I am a pretty lucky guy to have them so they are the number one priority and everything that I do or achieve is ofr them or to improve our lives as a family unit.

2) I am not going to say I am going to lose x amount of weight or any of that malarkey but I do intend to try and shape up this year as I am concious that this is the time of life that my Dad had his first heart attack and as we have Heart disease in the family I really need to focus on this again so will be joining a cheap gym at the end of my road and am determined to put in 3 x sessions a week in the evenings and may even join the fatties thread for motivation unless anyone fancies some kind of prop...

3) On top of everything else this year I plan to buy one property as an investment (renter for the kids) as with hopefully doing the restaurant venture it will be tough to secure deposit to buy and do a flip or two this year so I am looking at a property this week that with a bit of jiggery pokery I may be able to secure in a mutually convenient way!

4) I really hope we get the restaurant venture off the ground in the first quarter and there has been some good movement this week and hopefully next week we can have the premises locked up and really crack on with the planning/design side and I will post further on this as we go.

5) I would love to put some kind of poker goal in here but it's really hard to as saying I want to final a £500+ event in 2015 is imo not a quantifiable goal for me, therefore I will just hope to have enjoyed the game as much as I did in 2014, continue to make good decisions in game and hope to at the bare minimum cash for a bit more than my entries are this year in the 15-20 tournaments I am likely to play.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: January 09, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »

Met up with Dubai on Weds as part of some research for the project and we went to Henry Burger in Southend which was actually pretty good and pretty pricey which is good as having had a burger, fries and side with one beer each after a tip I had lost the flip for a bullseye!

Here was the food
 Click to see full-size image.

But having finished his food this happened

Which as much as I <3 Dubai reminded me of this

I'm pretty sure Vinny would be disappointed at his behaviour!!

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: January 09, 2015, 04:41:21 PM »

3) On top of everything else this year I plan to buy one property as an investment (renter for the kids) as with hopefully doing the restaurant venture it will be tough to secure deposit to buy and do a flip or two this year so I am looking at a property this week that with a bit of jiggery pokery I may be able to secure in a mutually convenient way!

Sounds just like an estate agent Grin

Personally finding deposit requests same for flipping or renting. Just commits less money with renting as do it right and you can have tenants lined up for day work is done. Hope all goes well with it

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: January 09, 2015, 04:43:21 PM »

I wouldn't want to be stabbed in the back of the hand for coleslaw, that's for sure.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: January 09, 2015, 05:30:41 PM »

I hope your fries aren't going to be that colour?

Ah! The element of surprise
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: January 09, 2015, 05:55:13 PM »

I hope your fries aren't going to be that colour?
Twice cooked sweet potato fries that were actually pretty good.

Good to see you last weekend mate and I'm loving the goatee that you were rocking!

For those that didnt see me last weekend I completed Decembeard and actually quite liked being lazy and not having to shave the warmth when walking on the seafront or walking the dog so decided to keep it for a bit and here we are just over a month in

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: January 09, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »

I was hoping that was the explanation Smiley

Yeah good to see you too mate and I'm trying to resist the pressure from the wife to shave.

Glad you're getting keeping up the non-punting. Keep up the good work mate.

Ah! The element of surprise
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: January 09, 2015, 08:22:09 PM »

Good luck with this year Rich
Well done on the giving up the punting !

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: January 09, 2015, 08:56:21 PM »

Good luck with this year Rich
Well done on the giving up the punting !

+1 to this. Please join the fatties thread! How much do you weigh? You will be the lightst by 7 stone I reckon. Def good for your ego!!!!!
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: January 12, 2015, 05:14:15 AM »

Trying to send u some info on my phone but can't, will have to do it tomorrow on the computer... There is one place I know of that does ribs, steaks & chicken sweet potato fries etc near me... I've been twice it's good but service is pretty piss poor.

http://cleaverrestaurants.co.uk/menu.php

Also in Guildford there is a really nice burger place. It's literally the nicest burger I've had and hugely popular. Everyone can see them make the food, it's all fresh etc and price wise it's pretty decent for the quality.  They give u a unlimited amount of soft drink so it's more appealing to the lower class I guess as they have those machines in store and obv they don't make their money on alcohol and such like as they don't sell any. The burgers are awesome tho.

http://m.fiveguys.com/

the latter is more a fast food establishment, it's pretty funky tho and the staff are more attentive than the first one which is quite strange.

P.s any jobs about ? 😉
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:17:30 AM by dreenie » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: January 19, 2015, 04:16:57 PM »

I would be greatful if you could give me your thoughts on the brochure on this page!

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64792.0

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 253 254 [255] 256 257 258 259 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: