blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598029 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3690 on: August 30, 2014, 09:05:20 AM »

Over the weekend I spoke about this property that is one of our investment properties and currently tenanted down here in Leigh on Sea

Click to see full-size image.

As a landlord we have always tried to do right by our tenants and if anything ever went wrong or they had a problem there we always rectified the problem straight away.  We have never been shy of taking DSS or Housing Association tenants in any of our properties but sometimes it makes you wonder why you bother being nice.

This tenant has been in the house for 5 years and we have only increased the rent once in that time from £850 to £1000 after 3 years when it was clearly under rented and the tenant in question is a single mum with 3 children, we informed her on the 3rd June that we required possession of the property on the 3rd August at the end of her tenancy and served the relevant section 21 notice at the same time so legally we were covered however today we receive a phone call to say she still has not found alternative living accomodation so wont be in position to move out.

Despite having served the paperwork in the correct fashion and been totally upfront with her there is actually not a lot we can do and we are between a rock and a hard place as the council in this area advise tenants to stay put until the landlord wins a court eviction as they then move up the ladder of people in need of housing and at the moment she has a roof over her head.

We are now left with the option of starting off the court process if we dont get keys on the 3rd August which will take 10 weeks total before she would have to be out but in reality we wont receive rent in that time and inherit a poperty in poor condition or wait until the middle of September when a property comes free that she can rent but then psoes problems for us as we need to do 3-4 weeks of work to the house before marketing and then have a limited time to get it sold and turned round to have it completed by Christmas.

Plus all the time it's empty it costs ££ all because the local council give tenants advice to stay put!!

/rant

Well the tenant didnt move on the 28th August as we had agreed and she is allegedly waiting for an eviction date for the property she wishes to move into. The council who had "off the record" said they would give her emergency housing if she didnt move on the 28th obviously now say that she has to approach them in order for them to sort out the housing but from other sources I know that they will be telling her that we need to give her an eviction date so she may as well stay there.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs as the timing of selling this house was such that we wanted it on the market by the middle of September whi now looks unlikely but we started off eviciton with the solicitors a couple of weeks ago so hopefully the property she wishes to go to will be available soon and we will have just ironed out a few quid in the early stages with the sols.

The councils even get the tenant to pay a few quid if they slip 2 months behind on the rent as after 2 months the council have to pick up the tab so they get the tenant to pay 1 month and then its another 2 months before they would have to dip their hand inn their pocket but luckily our tenant is still paying...

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: August 30, 2014, 10:26:29 AM »

This week was my final hypnotherapy session as in "George's" eyes I have achieved what I wanted to when I first phoned him and had our initial consultation I had said I wanted to stop gambling but still wanted to be able to turn up and play poker with a clear mindset.

It is now 7 weeks since I had a bet of any type and in that time I still have the same time in the day, the same access to the internet and money in my pocket that I could do so if I wished but it's as if a penny has dropped and as before there is always a particular photo and phrase in my head that has been instilled in there which immediately dulls any thought of having a punt.

The only negative side about not gamlbing is that it has really dulled the way I watch sport and whereas I used to watch loads of sport mainly with a bet on it now I dont really watch anything and have watched about 3/4 of the Man City vs Liverpool match as it doesnt seem the same any more Sad  I am sure it will improve though.

So as we finished our session on Thursday he said to me Richard I have clients who want to see me who are more neady than you now so I am going to wish you a good life and you know where I am if you ever feel like you have slipped (which doesnt just mean betting but could be mentally) but YOU have achieved what you set out to so go on your road.

It was a touch emotional as for 8 weeks this guy has really got into my head and sorted me out and I am now mentally clearer on so much stuff in life and more relaxed as a result of the hypno infact George felt that my speach, demeanor and breathing over the weeks had become more and more relaxed which I have now started to notice also.

It has been a very interesting chapter of my life tbh and whilst it would be crazy to say he is the reason I have come 33/550 and 11/500 in the last 2 comps I have played he definitely helped in many respects and not having other issues on my mind and focussing on the game itself had an impact.

Next week we are off to Malta for 10 days before flying back just before GPS Nottingham but got month end here at work to finish first...

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: August 31, 2014, 08:54:14 PM »

Glad to hear this has worked out for you mate.

Ah! The element of surprise
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: September 01, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Nice one Rich

glglgl
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: September 16, 2014, 11:04:38 PM »

Just got back from 10 days in Malta which was great and will come back with a TR after the weekend, day off tomorrow before hopefully some rungood at DTD for the GPS this week.

Bring it!!

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: September 16, 2014, 11:52:50 PM »

Hopefully see you at the weekend!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: September 17, 2014, 12:00:50 AM »

Hopefully see you at the weekend!
Cheers Callum,
Cu there Wink

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: September 17, 2014, 09:13:44 AM »

Estate agent sacked for 'stealing chocolate bar' during viewing

The camera which captured the apparent theft is activated by movement
An estate agent was sacked after being caught on camera apparently stealing a bar of chocolate while showing a client around a flat.

The outgoing tenant of the flat in Walthamstow, east London, was testing the motion-activated camera, which he intended to use in his new home.

Jon Charter said it felt like "a complete betrayal".

Your Move Sterling & Co said the employee in question no longer worked for them.

The footage, recorded on Friday, shows a viewer walking ahead of the agent, who is at the door of the room where the camera is placed.

The agent is then seen coming back into the room, taking the bar of chocolate and putting it in his coat pocket.

Mr Charter said: "I set up the camera so that they would all be working when we moved to our new house.

The agent was seen taking the chocolate bar and pocketing it before heading out
"I got alerted by email that there was movement and sound in my flat and it starts recording remotely straight away.

"I then started to watch this and saw the theft. I felt it was a complete betrayal and wondered what else could have happened to others and myself previously."

He said the agent later apologised via text message, claiming that he had been suffering from dizziness and needed the sugar in the chocolate bar.

Manish Somani, director of Your Move Sterling & Co said: "We are very serious about the protection of our reputation and brand.

"Therefore as soon as we were made aware of this incident action was taken and the employee is no longer working for us.

"We have also apologised to both the tenant and landlord for this unfortunate incident. The landlord has fully accepted this apology and the tenant has accepted a payment as a goodwill gesture for both the chocolate bar and any inconvenience caused."
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: September 17, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »

The poor bloke was hungry!!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: September 17, 2014, 11:15:54 AM »

Aren't you supposed to put signs up if you're using CCTV? I thought there used to be some law or something.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: September 17, 2014, 02:21:42 PM »

Estate agent sacked for 'stealing chocolate bar' during viewing

The camera which captured the apparent theft is activated by movement
An estate agent was sacked after being caught on camera apparently stealing a bar of chocolate while showing a client around a flat.

The outgoing tenant of the flat in Walthamstow, east London, was testing the motion-activated camera, which he intended to use in his new home.

Jon Charter said it felt like "a complete betrayal".

Your Move Sterling & Co said the employee in question no longer worked for them.

The footage, recorded on Friday, shows a viewer walking ahead of the agent, who is at the door of the room where the camera is placed.

The agent is then seen coming back into the room, taking the bar of chocolate and putting it in his coat pocket.

Mr Charter said: "I set up the camera so that they would all be working when we moved to our new house.

The agent was seen taking the chocolate bar and pocketing it before heading out
"I got alerted by email that there was movement and sound in my flat and it starts recording remotely straight away.

"I then started to watch this and saw the theft. I felt it was a complete betrayal and wondered what else could have happened to others and myself previously."

He said the agent later apologised via text message, claiming that he had been suffering from dizziness and needed the sugar in the chocolate bar.

Manish Somani, director of Your Move Sterling & Co said: "We are very serious about the protection of our reputation and brand.

"Therefore as soon as we were made aware of this incident action was taken and the employee is no longer working for us.

"We have also apologised to both the tenant and landlord for this unfortunate incident. The landlord has fully accepted this apology and the tenant has accepted a payment as a goodwill gesture for both the chocolate bar and any inconvenience caused."

I will come back to this soon as have a similar story but not me involved obv.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: September 17, 2014, 04:59:02 PM »

We have more issues with leaving potential tenants to roam around, guess it's a trust thing. The fees we make are not worth the reputation damage! Unless I found a vault with a load of gold in it Wink

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: September 19, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »

HUGE thanks to Eso for the Nando's he bought me in the absence of celtic.  It was a shame that he wasn't there to join us, but I have to say it was probably the best batch of chicken I've ever had from that establishment.  Eso was kind enough to pay, and bought all the sides too!!!  Overall I had a fantastic evening out, the entertainment was great, so I'm going to give Eso a 10/10.

Unlucky on only baggin up 180 though you massive punter  Grin
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: September 19, 2014, 04:30:43 PM »

HUGE thanks to Eso for the Nando's he bought me in the absence of celtic.  It was a shame that he wasn't there to join us, but I have to say it was probably the best batch of chicken I've ever had from that establishment.  Eso was kind enough to pay, and bought all the sides too!!!  Overall I had a fantastic evening out, the entertainment was great, so I'm going to give Eso a 10/10.

Unlucky on only baggin up 180 though you massive punter  Grin
You are most welcome celtic Tommo it's good to have a new, funnier, Nandos partner who can punt!!!

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: September 19, 2014, 04:33:30 PM »

You are most welcome celtic Tommo it's good to have a new, funnier, Nandos partner who can punt!!!

When I was listening to you reminisce about your times in there with celtic I was 100% sure you didn't use you the word 'punt'.
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 251 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: