blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:08:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598014 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3750 on: November 12, 2014, 06:34:19 PM »

Been a pretty manic last few days.....

Maxwell has continued to go to mini football on Sundays and really enjoys it still although he hasnt massively improved thats no biggie and when he first started going I told about how they give a certificate or medal to the "player of the week" and that some kids had won it twice but Max albeit having been through my rose tinted glasses the best player some weeks had not won it.

I wondered if they had a list and gave it out randomly as some of the kids who won it definitely didnt deserve to win it but I refused to ask and Max had got over the first few weeks where he cried when he didnt win it, although it didnt stop him saying he was going to try and win it on the way there or whilst standing outside.

This week he finally was rewarded and absolutely beamed for the rest of the day but unfortunately it was one of the weeks where I was at work so only got to hear about him winning it as I walked through the door but he was an absolute diamond and so proud of himself and you could see how much it meant to him.  He goes to pre-school on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays and wanted to take his certificate to school to show "his friends" and on his return the teachers had let him have a few minutes telling the class how he had won it and what he did which I can only imagine being 3 1/2 was albeit a bit daunting a great experience for him at such a young age.

Here he is
 Click to see full-size image.

And a few minutes later he was merrily having his photo taken so that Petra can produce the yearly "Kral" chrimbo card but he positively bounced all day which was lovely to see and it made me think that during my degenerative years I had some pretty amazing highs and some incredible lows but absolutely nothing beats seeing your own flesh and blood so happy!

Petra came to see "The Royal" and she actually is the most excited I have seen her since our wedding day about one of my business ideas and totally bought into the idea and on Monday after she had seen the premises she came out wth a similar concept to one that Lil Dave had spoken to me about during the day and we are now getting into the nitty gritty bits of negotiating a price on the lease before hopefully pressing on fully but I will post more soon on this.

I was googlng the premises and found some great old photos of the Royal which shows what an iconic building it is for the area...
Then

Now

It's really exciting but nerve wracking at the same time as we would really need to make this work but with 3 business in 1 and the ideas we have were really confident that it will work plus the council are giving grants away for companies that are creating or safe guarding employment and will match what you put in if you have a premises/business idea that qualifies and this should so it wont just be our hard earned at risk.

watch this space...

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: November 12, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »

Pass on my congrats to Max. Good luck with the business too son.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: November 12, 2014, 07:49:19 PM »

Well done Max, what a cracking pic.

GL with the venture Rich. I had lunch there a few years ago whilst playing the GPS.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: November 12, 2014, 08:25:18 PM »

Well done Max, what a cracking pic.

GL with the venture Rich. I had lunch there a few years ago whilst playing the GPS.
Cheers Vinny & Kev

Well it might be a bit soon for GPS southend next year for you to grab lunch with me there if all goes to plan but it wouldn't be far off...

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: November 12, 2014, 08:31:59 PM »

Eso, how many rooms has the hotel got? Ive not been following. I may have some suggestion of ideas we have done/looked into!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: November 12, 2014, 08:32:12 PM »

http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk/threads/opening-a-strip-club.160104/

Downstairs sorted. Little Dave also might a thing or two about that business sector
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: November 12, 2014, 08:45:02 PM »

Eso, how many rooms has the hotel got? Ive not been following. I may have some suggestion of ideas we have done/looked into!
Hey Cal
If you see my post above dated 6th November the clips show the space pretty accurately, I actually get the basement, ground and first floors as you look at the building with the top 2 floors which would have been the hotel rooms used by a language college but they don't have access via the front and it's not connected apart from it being above.

Feel free to PM tho or just bump up my hits Wink

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: November 12, 2014, 08:51:27 PM »

Downstairs sorted. Little Dave also might a thing or two about that business sector
I posted this ^^^^^^ but got quite a number of pm's saying it won't go well if I'm running 2 other legitimate businesses in the premises. Even managed to get it by the missus Wink

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: November 12, 2014, 09:12:47 PM »

I posted this ^^^^^^ but got quite a number of pm's saying it won't go well if I'm running 2 other legitimate businesses in the premises. Even managed to get it by the missus Wink

My brothel idea might not work as well without the bedrooms Wink

Haha only joking it was not a brothel but would need some bedrooms at least. Good luck!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: November 17, 2014, 06:07:32 PM »

Here I am on day 17 of Movember with a bit of grey, ginger and brown in it

This came to me in an email today which brought home how close to home Mens Health is to many of us...

We need to take action, as the current state of men's health is unacceptable:

•      Around the world, men die on average 6 years earlier than women - there's no biological reason
•      Every hour one man dies from prostate cancer in the UK
•      Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in men ages 25-49 years
•      Tragically, 12 British men died from suicide today. Tomorrow, 12 more will die too. On average, 12 men die everyday from suicide in the UK

The Movember Foundation is working around the clock and around the world to improve the lives of men and their families affected by prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems. They can't do this without our support, so please support my efforts to make a difference.

There's a lot riding on my efforts this Movember and I'd really appreciate your support.

Together, we can have an everlasting impact on the face of men's health.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: November 24, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »

Been absolutely up to my neck in it on the "Royal Hotel" venture and in the past 10 days we had our first offer knocked back which was expected as we basically offered them a 10 year lease deal with all the terms suited to us for example we asked for 1 year rent free followed by reduced rent for years 2 & 3 then by year 5 we were at 90% of what they have it up for now and then we wanted break clauses for us at years 3/5/7/10 and for the basis of the lease to be internal repairing against the full repairing lease they offered as with a Listed building we didnt want to be caught out.

Promisingly though they didnt immediately knock it back and even when they did they asked us to meet them around the table to go through our plans for the 3 floors which we are happy to do so without giving away our main concept and have a further meeting on site tomorrow with a consultant and Dubai before making a further offer to them but I hope to tie up a deal in principle before the end of this week as the more market research I do on this it just seems we will do really well and this venue suits our concept down to the ground.

The local council have also indicated that a grant of upto £100k would be available if we could complete the works by the end of March 2015 which would massively help out and mean that myself and my business partner get to keep a larger share of the business than if we were to go elsewhere for "members or shareholders".

Pretty excited about this project the more detail I get into it especially as I am the one writing the business plan even though it could take up a lot of time in 2015 whilst trying to run the other businesses....

Im into the final week of Movember and here is todays shot and I have the pass to try a beard in December so gonna see how that looks on my fizzog

This year admittedly over a small sample of people I see day to day I have noticed a lack of people taking part in Movember but maybe thats just me?

Amazingly it is now 20 weeks without me having had a bet of any type (except CCR at restaurants or the poker I have documented) and for something that has been such a big part of my life for 20+ years I cannot believe how my NEW life has started without it there as I still have the same access to funds etc etc but just choose not to have a punt every day and I have so much more time to focus on these other ventures which for me will make more long term than over 2.5 goals and in turn should make these two little beauties lives better.

Heres Ivy a few days ago who is getting proficient on her Scooter now at 19 months old..

and heres Max showing his competitive side at Football where at the end of there warm up they do 2 races before they go onto drills and his is the voice saying he is ready but at 3 1/2 he is so competitive ( not sure if good?) and wants to win at everything as you will see, even though he loses time by looking at the other kid who can just about keep up with him despite his mane of hair...

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: November 25, 2014, 05:38:46 PM »

Our Leigh on Sea office is so Balla that we even have people to put up the office Christmas trees...

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: November 25, 2014, 05:45:40 PM »

Long odds against that any of 'em behind the desk actually doing any work
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: November 25, 2014, 05:47:34 PM »

(betting without tree assembler)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: November 25, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »

Long odds against that any of 'em behind the desk actually doing any work
Haha they were actually on the phones and didnt know I was going to take the shot!

Trust me I'm an estate agent Wink

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 255 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: