blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 07:35:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272932 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL Betting blog
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Betting blog  (Read 155436 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2011, 01:01:13 AM »

£100 on rams at 3.9 just to anti rail big blue

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2011, 01:40:33 AM »

I played Rams too on the moneyline...seems a little big to me although probably very marginal but if I am going to stay up.....

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2011, 05:04:59 AM »

comedy of errors tonight, both sides really gonna struggle, good for the cardinals, once we ship past the seahawks, we gonna piss this league, anyway im in early for this weeks fixtures

lions -3.5
dolphins +2.5
jets -3.5
cardinals -3.5

trebles and an acca
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:01 AM »

Action Man - I bought Cardinals on their league index.  Need them to come 1st for good win, and 2nd is a small loss.  Was pretty gutted when they lost late to Washington, and then SF went 14-0 up.   Looks better now though.  You think they look good for that division?
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »

im a rookie to nfl mate, only been really into in for 2-3 years, im learning though. Best asking tighty, gatso, sherrif [  ] flushy.
Prob gonna boil down to how we do in our divisional match ups, first of these being vs the hawks on sunday.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2011, 04:00:44 PM »

Seattle have looked terrible so far.  Got to fancy a win in that one.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2011, 04:21:36 PM »

Got 12/16 picks right against the spread on Pigskin Pickem.

Managed to place 2 of my 3 bets this weekend on the games I got wrong.

I rock!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2011, 04:44:04 PM »

im a rookie to nfl mate, only been really into in for 2-3 years, im learning though. Best asking tighty, gatso, sherrif [  ] flushy.
Prob gonna boil down to how we do in our divisional match ups, first of these being vs the hawks on sunday.

seriously, I'm completely clueless on anything not involving the jets and blinkered on anything that does right now. I've read nothing about the league this year, will probs start getting involved from about week 6 when I've had time to study a bit

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2011, 05:04:37 PM »

Mentioned in the same sentence as Tighty on NFL - I can die a happy man now!

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »

Slightly concerned that after 2 games the bills are the highest scoring team, not the lowest...

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »

Action Man - I bought Cardinals on their league index.  Need them to come 1st for good win, and 2nd is a small loss.  Was pretty gutted when they lost late to Washington, and then SF went 14-0 up.   Looks better now though.  You think they look good for that division?

FWIW, I thought Arizona were a fairly safe second place in the division prior to the season starting.

On my pre-season predictions I had:

Rams 8-8
Cards 7-9
49ers 4-12
Seahawks 3-13

(NB: It's nickname of the NFC Worst is pretty spot on!)

So far, I'd say that the Seahawks are every bit as bad as I expected, the 49ers are a little better (maybe a 5-6 win team), and the Cards are about as I expected them to be (much better than last season, but will have a transition with Kolb at QB).

The Rams aren't as good as I expected, but they've been hit with injuries to key players already - Jackson and Amendola in particular.  I think they're a better team than the first 2 weeks results have suggested but they need to stay healthy.

I think the Cards have a shot at the division, and I'm struggling to see them finishing any worse than 2nd.  A lot depends on whether Beanie Wells can step up at RB now that Hightower has gone.  He's failed to live upto expectation so far in his career.  They need a genuine threat from the running game to take some of the focus from Fitzgerald as he's their only legitimate offensive threat.  Without this, the opposition can just game plan to shut him out of the game (or at least shut him down as far it's possible to do so) and take their chances against the other targets.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2011, 01:37:31 PM »

Thanks Sheriff - good write up.

My total postion is buy Cards, sell 49ers.  So obviously I get killed if SF come first and Cards come nowhere, but I'm quietly happy with my position.

The Rams are probably available pretty cheap after their 0-2 if you still think they are the standouts, and they are only 1 win behind.  Seattle look almost a non-runner.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »

Thanks Sheriff - good write up.

My total postion is buy Cards, sell 49ers.  So obviously I get killed if SF come first and Cards come nowhere, but I'm quietly happy with my position.

The Rams are probably available pretty cheap after their 0-2 if you still think they are the standouts, and they are only 1 win behind.  Seattle look almost a non-runner.

I think it´s way too early to draw any meanigful conclusions. More so than any other sport, in American Football how specific teams match up against eachother is absolutely key and this skews any attempt to work out conventional form lines. I like your bet as far as it is possible to at this stage but I can also see them losing to the Seahawks. 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2011, 03:00:43 PM »

hmm - I'm new to this sport really, but from my viewing of the first 2 weeks I am going for the below this Sunday:

Packers -3.5 away to Chicago
Rams + 4.5 home to Ravens
Lions - 3.5 away to Vikings

Might have  chunky little trixie on these.

Any thoughts on these selections?
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2011, 03:04:14 PM »

going for:

Atlanta +1.5 @ 10/11
Broncos +7 @ 10/11
Dophins @ 6/5
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: