blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:38:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  £40 to £20k in 25ish Winning Selections!!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] Go Down Print
Author Topic: £40 to £20k in 25ish Winning Selections!!  (Read 86640 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 01, 2022, 02:36:58 PM »

colluding in an online dtd satellite with aces getting folded pre to a raise, which in a satellite seems like a very grey area.

If you have a seat locked in a sat folding aces to a friend, foe or stranger is the correct play "most" of the time. Why put lock in jeopardy unless your talking fractions of blinds for the play, had to be more than that.

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 01, 2022, 02:49:21 PM »

yeah, we all know that if your seat is locked then aces are a no brainer fold. apologies if i explained my point badly.

i was under the impression  that he got banned for folding aces to a friend, which in my opinion is fine.

forgetting any particular hand from 10 years ago, is it bad form to try and help friends in a satellite? of course not.

guy johnson is a ****ing knob anyway , so quite glad he was banned to be honest.
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #737 on: November 01, 2022, 05:12:58 PM »

Ah I see, didn't know any of that! Shame.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 02, 2022, 09:07:16 AM »

yeah, we all know that if your seat is locked then aces are a no brainer fold. apologies if i explained my point badly.

i was under the impression  that he got banned for folding aces to a friend, which in my opinion is fine.

forgetting any particular hand from 10 years ago, is it bad form to try and help friends in a satellite? of course not.

guy johnson is a ****ing knob anyway , so quite glad he was banned to be honest.

It is wrong to help a friend in a sat.  You are cheating others even if it wasn't discussed before hand.   I have been known to play more aggressively vs people who are unpleasant in sats, but a lot of the time I am screwing up myself by doing so!  Also, a lot of the time online, I can just call because I want to free a table for something else, particularly if it is a slow bubble.

Folding aces in a sat can be fine with a seat locked.  I don't know if it is most of the time, it depends on seats, and your position vs shortie.  If 50 get in, that is probably true, if only 5, it probably isn't.

It is a long time ago, but wasn't it a small raise, and he could have shoved his aces?  That might have been someone else, so don't take it as gospel.  Also I am guessing it was more than one hand if a ban occurred?

Anyway, would be happy to have him back here.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: