blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  MMA Thread/Betting
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA Thread/Betting  (Read 209674 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 15, 2015, 07:38:52 PM »

genuine question

is it fixed? (or might it be?)

a beats b, b beats a in the rematch sort of thing?

we can spoil tomorrow probably

No not fixed in UFC.

There have been doubts on certain fights in other organisations but I honestly don't think there's ever been a fixed UFC fight

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 16, 2015, 11:52:09 AM »

Because Facebook was awash with spoilers Sunday morning, I watched the M.E. First on Sunday, now I'm ploughing through the prelims.

I don't think the main event was the huge upset everyone is saying it was. I know Ronda has been dominant, and there's no questioning her class, but Holly Holme is a Jackson l/Winklejohn trained world boxing champion with no shortage of world class grapplers to help her prepare for that side of Ronda's game. Ronda's stand up in her last fight against Bethe Correia was school yard windmilling, and although it did result in a KO, it was a long way short of the hyperbole being thrown around on the night. Meisha Tate rang her bell several times in their last fight and I've always thought that getting hit by a world class striker could give her problems.

I personally don't like the immediate rematch when there's no controversy over the result. She should get back in line like everyone else, but the UFC routinely makes challengers beat dominant champs twice, and I understand the business case for it.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 16, 2015, 09:00:42 PM »

Dont mind the rematch, I think Ronda has been told so often that her striking is top class without really having it tested that she got stubborn and wanted to box with the boxer.  In a rematch I can see her getting back to basics and pushing hard for a takedown and maybe not just immediately go for an armbar.

I dont think she will but Rousey should get rid of her coach and upgrade, he has helped her work on something that she was a complete beginner at but all he's been doing is feeding her ego and it has led to being knocked out like this.  After the 1st round he shouldve been telling her to keep her distance and clinch.  He told her she was doing great and she was a bull in a china shop just charging in and windmilling.

Great performance by Holm, just before the KO she ducked under a punch and made Rousey look really stupid.  Division very open now, Id think Tate must feel like she has a shot against Holm and its probably a better matchup for Pena than Rousey was.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 10, 2015, 09:12:16 AM »

Cracking weekend of fights coming up. Who you picking / looking forward to?

Friday
Always route for Frankie and think he'll see to Mendes ok.
Barbosa v Ferguson will be a war.
Lauzon is always good value, and I'm always interested in Gonzaga for some reason.

Saturday
Hell of a card, particularly the 5 main card fights.
Picking Conor to dethrone Aldo, and also Rockhold to relieve Weidman of his strap.
Jacare v Romero is an exciting looking eliminator for next in line for a MW challenge, but if for some reason Weidman v Rockhold II happened straight away (as seems to happen a lot these days) I'd expect Bisping to be calling out the winner if he beats Mousasi in London to try and vault back into the picture.
Maia v Neson will be a very interesting grappling contest, and Holloway v Stephens should be a banger.

Don't seem to be able to find Thursday's fight night card on uk to again.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: December 10, 2015, 11:47:29 PM »

My picks for UFC 194 main card: Holloway, Nelson, Romero, Rockhold... and who the fuck knows! I want McGregor to win, but no idea what's going to happen. Just that it's gonna be a spectacle.

Mendes will beat Edgar on Friday IMO, although I will be rooting for Frankie.

Rose will submit Paige tonight I predict.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 10, 2015, 11:52:57 PM »

Only bet I've done so far is Maia/Rockhold/Aldo treble a couple weeks back.

Think the prices are starting to correct themselves now in the main event.

No idea what's going to happen, but it's going to be a sick weekend, with so much on.

Leggggggggggggggo!

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #771 on: December 11, 2015, 12:53:58 AM »

Has anyone been able to get tonight's prelims up on fightpass? Doesn't seem to work on mine...
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 11, 2015, 01:05:47 AM »

Haven't got my TV mounted in the office yet, so watching on PC @ cricfree.sx

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: December 11, 2015, 01:06:54 AM »

I'm out and about so trying to watch it on my iPhone via fightpass, but doesn't seem to work for some reason.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 11, 2015, 01:09:25 AM »

I'm out and about so trying to watch it on my iPhone via fightpass, but doesn't seem to work for some reason.

Don't think the main card starts until 3, so plenty of time until Paige is on Smiley

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: December 11, 2015, 02:59:16 AM »

Got fightpass working finally. Apparently I just missed a cracking fight/performance though?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 11, 2015, 08:07:58 PM »

Got fightpass working finally. Apparently I just missed a cracking fight/performance though?

Very one sided, but a good performance from Rose.

Shame they were fighting to see who could win a savage beating from the champion, though.

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: December 12, 2015, 12:47:16 AM »

Yeah I agree. Rose looked amazing, but I fear for her if she fights Joanna, or Gadhela for that matter. Ofc things might be different in 18 months time; she's young and is gonna keep developing. But they'll most likely rush her into fighting the winner of JJ and Gadhela before she is ready.

I was never really a massive fan of Paige before this fight. But I love her now... what a badass she is to take that mauling for five rounds, especially as she had so many chances to tap out without losing any face. She's got me as a fan for life after last night.

Anyone see the Holly Holm Q&A earlier? Was hilarious - the Irish just took it over and it got very loud lol.

McGregor looked terrible at the weigh-in just now Sad
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 12, 2015, 01:24:49 AM »

Yeah, I think that PVZ has gotten a fair bit of flak from a lot of corners. Mainly because she's very attractive, and they think that's the only reason why she's gotten where she is.

Last night should put that to bed, even if she was dominated from start to finish. As you said, she could have gotten out of there multiple times, and even when her arm was bent completely the wrong way she still kept going.

I didn't see the Q&A, but will check it out online later. The irish really go mad for it, and bundles of them travel over for it. I know one of the Final Furlong Podcast guys has gone over again for it, and a few friends have gone, too.

He always looks terrible at the weigh-ins, because he is completely dehydrated. He is one of the bigger 145lb fighters, that walks around about 170ish, so has to cut a massive amount. No IVs anymore either, so will be interesting to see how they both cope.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: December 13, 2015, 06:47:00 AM »

WTF!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: