blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:47:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  MMA Thread/Betting
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA Thread/Betting  (Read 207580 times)
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 13, 2015, 06:52:19 AM »

WTF!

Didn't expect that. Wow.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 13, 2015, 06:57:33 AM »

1st show I've watched live, gg.

Tbf it was better than MayPac.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 13, 2015, 06:58:06 AM »

Well, like Meatloaf said... 2 outta 3 ain't bad Grin

Conor v Frankie @ 200 it is!

Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: December 13, 2015, 07:41:29 AM »

All the fights were really, really good. And I had worked myself into a frenzy for the main event. Then that happened Sad

I feel like I've had amazing sex but a really crap orgasm.

I mean, delighted McGregor won... but I wanted to see a fight. Wtf was Aldo doing?
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 13, 2015, 07:48:28 AM »

All the fights were really, really good. And I had worked myself into a frenzy for the main event. Then that happened Sad

I mean, delighted McGregor won... but I wanted to see a fight. Wtf was Aldo doing?

Does he normally act like that before a fight? Seemed very introvert, head down all the time, didn't look at Conor even when face to face. Not seen Aldo fight (live) before, just seemed strange tha he didn't portray a lot more confidence, even standing up straight looking focussed might have helped. Thought he acted abit like my son does when he doesn't want to do something. Suppose it's easy to say sitting on the sofa.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 13, 2015, 08:49:05 AM »

Just got caught, and have to feel for him, even though he cost me a bundle Cheesy

Like Al Pacino said in Any Given Sunday 'It's a game of inches', and Aldo caught one right on the button.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 13, 2015, 08:51:04 AM »

McGregor just said in the press conference that Aldo gave off a tell when they squared up.

'His right hand twitched, and I felt that he was going to overload with it when they got in the ring, and I wouldn't be there, but I would hit him with the left'.

This is what the reporter quoted back to him from an interview before the fight.

Scary, scary stuff.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 13, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »

UFC 196 - Velasquez fight.

I feel the need to point out that if you can get to Dublin, flights to Vegas via Gatwick from there are £295 for a week. (Thats DUB-LGW-LAS)

The dates are 3rd Feb-10th Feb.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 13, 2015, 05:37:16 PM »

Wow!!!
I was expecting a war, like most people. I read Aldo looking down and being outwardly stoic as bottled up rage, and while running up to the first planned fight I was sure Conor would win, just before Big John said "fight" this weekend I was maybe 60/40 Conor at most. Incredible finish to the story.

Must fight Frankie next, and if Aldo can put someone away in devestating fashion in his next outing, I'm sure there'll be a rematch before Conor heads up to lightweight. I guess that only changes if someone really makes some noise in the mean time, maybe Holloway could make a case, or Mendes with a full camp. Personally I'd like him to stay at featherweight and reign, but he seems pretty determined to go up.

Weidman v Rockhold was a great fight and I thought Rockhold looked in a bit of bother from those body kicks.
If Romero is next, I think Rockhold will make light work of him.

Romero v Jacare was a bit of an anti climax. Not bad, just not the fight I was expecting. While I agree with Rogan that not enough 10-8 rounds are given, I don't agree that first round was one. I had it 29-28 Jacare, but round 2 could have gone either way.

Maia was a different class to Nelson I'm afraid. I don't think he's made his case for a title shot yet, what ever he says though. Needs to take out a top 5 first.

On Friday, really pleased for Frankie. Must get Conor next. Can't see him winning, but it'll be a great scrap.

Tony Ferguson is a killer. Barbosa is a serious fighter and Ferguson dismantled him. It's guys like that makes me hope Conor stays where he is, because the top end of the lightweight division is a shark tank.

Talking of which, WAARRRR CERONE next weekend
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 14, 2015, 09:50:10 AM »

The way Conor is telling it, it's not so much 'moving up' as ruling both divisions at the same time.
Good luck to him. Frankie first then the winner of Cerone / Dos Nachos
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 15, 2015, 11:50:01 PM »

Does he normally act like that before a fight? Seemed very introvert, head down all the time, didn't look at Conor even when face to face. Not seen Aldo fight (live) before, just seemed strange tha he didn't portray a lot more confidence, even standing up straight looking focussed might have helped. Thought he acted abit like my son does when he doesn't want to do something. Suppose it's easy to say sitting on the sofa.

I did wonder, as I hadn't seen Aldo fight all that many times, but saw Rogan chatting with fans on Twitter, and he said that it's what Aldo has always done.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 16, 2015, 12:14:41 AM »

I did wonder, as I hadn't seen Aldo fight all that many times, but saw Rogan chatting with fans on Twitter, and he said that it's what Aldo has always done.

Novia Uno 1-7 since stricter drug test regulations introduced to UFC.  Although Aldo says he wants a rematch I dont think he'll show up for another one.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: January 03, 2016, 06:19:08 AM »

Anyone surprised at the outcome of the Lawler v Conduit fight?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: January 03, 2016, 02:33:29 PM »

Not really.

The refs are always fucking things up.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: January 03, 2016, 06:07:21 PM »

Not really, watching it live I gave Lawler R2,3 and 5.  I think 2 and 5 were clearly Lawlers round and everyone scored them for him.  3 seems to be close and everyone thought Condit had it, I went back and looked at just that round and still give it to Lawler.  I think they both controlled the center of the Octagon for around the same amount of time, Condit was more active but I think the majority of what he threw either missed, was blocked or did minimal damage.  Lawler didnt throw as much but I thought when he did he did more damage and was more aggressive when he did attack.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: