blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 04:43:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84382 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: May 13, 2012, 02:26:18 PM »

So Leeds Half this morning..... had a few set backs....

1 my knee still isn't right this combined with the weather means my training has been minimal
2 I accidentally had 9 pints on Friday night
3 it appears that where I thought it said flat next to Leeds Half Marathon it actually said hilly as fuck!

Chip time was 2.28.19

I can't actually get up the stairs now at home. Need to get something sorted with my knee or Berlin could be looking shady.
I had to walk the last 2k, not physically tired or out of breath but my knee was so painful I just couldn't keep doing it. Obv ran the last 500m though. Have an amazing pic to post later.

Personal highlight of the day was being overtaken by an elderly man pushing a handicapped lady in a wheelchair. Hero.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 13, 2012, 02:28:18 PM »

All of that to contend with and you still did it! well done StuartHopkin!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 13, 2012, 02:37:24 PM »

All of that to contend with and you still did it! well done StuartHopkin!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 13, 2012, 02:46:24 PM »

Personal highlight of the day was being overtaken by an elderly man pushing a handicapped lady in a wheelchair. Hero.

I hope that's the photo!

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 13, 2012, 03:50:03 PM »

Well done Stu

Being fit enough to do a half 5 months before Berlin is a really good base

Go backwards up the stairs, it's much easier that easy

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 13, 2012, 03:50:44 PM »

1 my knee still isn't right this combined with the weather means my training has been minimal
2 I accidentally had 9 pints on Friday night
3 it appears that where I thought it said flat next to Leeds Half Marathon it actually said hilly as fuck!

Chip time was 2.28.19

I can't actually get up the stairs now at home. Need to get something sorted with my knee or Berlin could be looking shady.
I had to walk the last 2k, not physically tired or out of breath but my knee was so painful I just couldn't keep doing it. Obv ran the last 500m though. Have an amazing pic to post later.

Good work mate. Get the excuse in early doors.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 13, 2012, 03:51:58 PM »

Well done Stu

Confirmed. Got that tip from a guy at the gym when I used to train legs to the point of puking.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 13, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »

Well done Stu

A rare Gatso error. Would be rude to let it slip.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 13, 2012, 04:01:21 PM »

I had to walk the last 2k, not physically tired or out of breath but my knee was so painful I just couldn't keep doing it.

You should Look at glucosamine sulphate, obv not if your a diabetic or have similar issues. I had knee flare ups for years, a bit of keyhole didn't rectify a thing. Then some wise man told me about the above and now it's nice and kneesy, it turns out quite a few of the running fraternity are on this. No more than 1500mg a day for me.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 13, 2012, 04:28:18 PM »

I had to walk the last 2k, not physically tired or out of breath but my knee was so painful I just couldn't keep doing it.

You should Look at glucosamine sulphate, obv not if your a diabetic or have similar issues. I had knee flare ups for years, a bit of keyhole didn't rectify a thing. Then some wise man told me about the above and now it's nice and kneesy, it turns out quite a few of the running fraternity are on this. No more than 1500mg a day for me.

Dan!!

Dan!!

DAN!!!!!

Can somebody please get hold of Dan!!!!!

Someone's using something which isn't scientifically proven!!!! Come and tell him he's wasting his money!!

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #430 on: May 13, 2012, 05:33:31 PM »

Dan!!

Dan!!

DAN!!!!!

Someone's using something which isn't scientifically proven!!!! Come and tell him he's wasting his money!!

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 13, 2012, 06:08:47 PM »

Well done Stu

A rare Gatso error. Would be rude to let it slip.

surely someone is working on an auto correct that actually reads what you've written instead of assuming you meant something nonsensical

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 13, 2012, 06:41:34 PM »

So that's my longest run in the build up to Sheffield done and dusted.  Can't pretend I'm not pleased that I've got a relatively easy two weeks ahead now.

Over the past few weeks I've come to realise:

[X] I actually like running
[ ] I like running for more than about an hour

Once Berlin is over and done with and I can tick 'run a marathon' off of the life goals list, I'm gonna be sticking with 10ks I reckon.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #433 on: May 13, 2012, 07:31:49 PM »

Dan!!

Dan!!

DAN!!!!!

Cheesy

Take some MSM with it too Wink

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 13, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »

No idea what the joke is, I will keep my advice to myself and keep wasting my monies! Happy runnings to all.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: