blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:13:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272479 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 82529 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #525 on: June 04, 2012, 09:38:12 PM »

tr24 gonna be a challenge, not used to multi runs in a day. need to practice, maybe do a couple of days with 4x5k. also going to try offroad in the dark a couple of times

You'll be fine. I found doing lots of 10ks is good training, and doing them daily and then building up to doing two on the same day, and then two one day and one the following morning.

At the moment I'm a bit away from that. 12k has been my longest run since March when I did my ankle. I can now run without my ankle hurting and swelling up, so that's good. Now just need to get the mileage up without injuring myself in the process. This time last year I had my London Marathon training as a base, and it seemed to work well. We'll have to see how I fare this year without the base mileage in the bank.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 09:40:03 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 10, 2012, 10:22:35 PM »

it's that time

tomorrow sees the start of my 16 week training schedule for berlin. every day is mapped out, abs no idea how closely I'm going to stick to it though

day 1 looks awesome, just the one word "rest". hope the rest of it is as easy

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 10, 2012, 10:23:50 PM »

16 weeks? feck.  I haven't run a mile since Sheffield.  best get back on it.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: June 10, 2012, 10:32:35 PM »

it's that time

tomorrow sees the start of my 16 week training schedule for berlin. every day is mapped out, abs no idea how closely I'm going to stick to it though

day 1 looks awesome, just the one word "rest". hope the rest of it is as easy

Don't forget to incorporate the tr24 training into that schedule.

I managed to run 10k yesterday without any pain in my ankle for the first time since March. Felt good to be injury free, and just hope it will stay that way. Now just need to make up for three months of not being able to do any serious mileage at all. I should have been clocking up 25 miles a week coming into the 16-week training plan. That's been closer to 5 than 25...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 01, 2012, 01:40:24 PM »

Gatso, how's the training going? Have you a time goal for Berlin?

Kin, how's the recovery going? Are you back training now?

One more question for you two, or anyone else who may know. I am just back from a tempo 10k training session, my course is a anti clockwise one, I wear my garmin on my right wrist........ As I run my wrists are separated by roughly 1 foot. Suppose I wear my garmin on my left wrist, would I get a slightly shorter distance in comparison to an equal time? I know it's going to be negligible but when the mind wanders mid run this is what I was thinking about today. Any ideas?

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: July 01, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »

One more question for you two, or anyone else who may know. I am just back from a tempo 10k training session, my course is a anti clockwise one, I wear my garmin on my right wrist........ As I run my wrists are separated by roughly 1 foot. Suppose I wear my garmin on my left wrist, would I get a slightly shorter distance in comparison to an equal time? I know it's going to be negligible but when the mind wanders mid run this is what I was thinking about today. Any ideas?

If the course was circular it would be 1ft (increased radius of the course) x 2 (for diameter) x pi or just over 6 feet. I imagine it would be of a similar magnitude on an irregular course too. Rex will be along shortly.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: July 01, 2012, 02:07:55 PM »

Recovery making good progress. Managed a 17k run last weekend without any ankle pain, and I'm managing to crank the mileage up to 40-50k a week. The problem is that my pace is well down on this time last year and I expect my times for the tr24 to be a lot slower than last year.

Still good to be running without pain eventually, and long may it continue...

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: July 01, 2012, 02:11:08 PM »

As for the garmin, the difference will be negligible. I have found it's more accurate on my upper arm rather than on my wrist, maybe because it means the signal isn't affected by the wrist moving about so much? Lost the strap extension so have to wear it on my wrist now though.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 01, 2012, 02:46:52 PM »

Recovery making good progress. Managed a 17k run last weekend without any ankle pain, and I'm managing to crank the mileage up to 40-50k a week. The problem is that my pace is well down on this time last year and I expect my times for the tr24 to be a lot slower than last year.

Sounds good, your weekly mileage (or metres as you put it) is decent. Do you split your runs up, with the classic... Long slow runs, shorter tempo runs, hills or hill reps and intervals?

As for the garmin, I am not usually fussed with times normally and I know of the inaccuracies associated with the system.

When's your 24 hr thingy again? Hoping for another in depth write up if you do not mind  Wink

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 01, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »

Ber lol in

That is all

Who's idea was this?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 01, 2012, 03:53:24 PM »

Ber lol in

That is all

Who's idea was this?

yeah pretty much this!

I've only put in a couple of short runs since sheffield.  getting back on it next weekend with the British 10k, but not even sure I'll be able to finish that atm.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: July 01, 2012, 03:54:25 PM »

If the course was circular it would be 1ft (increased radius of the course) x 2 (for diameter) x pi or just over 6 feet. I imagine it would be of a similar magnitude on an irregular course too. Rex will be along shortly.

Sounds correct to me. And I don't think the shape of the course matters - your body has in effect done a full circle anticlockwise from start position to end position whatever shape the course is (assuming no other loops in the course).

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 01, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »

Ber lol in

That is all

Who's idea was this?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: July 01, 2012, 04:35:44 PM »

Sounds good, your weekly mileage (or metres as you put it) is decent. Do you split your runs up, with the classic... Long slow runs, shorter tempo runs, hills or hill reps and intervals?

As for the garmin, I am not usually fussed with times normally and I know of the inaccuracies associated with the system.

When's your 24 hr thingy again? Hoping for another in depth write up if you do not mind  Wink

The tr24 is at the end of the month, so not long at all now.

If I hadn't had almost three months out with my ankle, I'd be already putting in the mileage and mixing it up with speed work. But as I'm playing catch-up I'm focusing on the mileage, and doing mostly 10k runs most mornings and then one longer run a week. Over the next three weeks I'm going to be doubling up and doing two 10ks on some days, one in the morning and one later in the evening to get used to that, then try and do that on consecutive days.

Really just want to get the mileage in my legs without doing any damage to my ankle again. After the tr24 I'll be looking to up my mileage (and change my garmin to miles instead of km) and of course increase the length of the long run each week.

I'm doing a lot of the miles in my 'barefoot' trail shoes, and think my transition to them has gone ok, although the injury came at the wrong time really, if there's ever the right time to get injured!

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #539 on: July 01, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »

Ber lol in

That is all

Who's idea was this?

Doesn't sound like it's going too well Stu?

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: