blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:55:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 493298 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4710 on: February 25, 2015, 01:05:16 PM »

Starting weight - Mid 2013: 22st 6lbs (just added)
                          January 9th 2014: 21st 5lbs
                          January 22nd: 20st 8lbs
                          January 27th: 20st 3lbs
                         February 3rd: 20st 1lbs
                         February 10th: 19st 13lbs
                         February 17th: 19st 9lbs
                         February 24th: 19st 7lbs
                               March 2nd: 19st 1 lbs
                               March 10th: 18st 13lbs
                               March 17th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 24th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 31st: 18st 4lbs
                               April 7th: 17st 12lbs
                               April 14th: 17st 13lbs
                               April 21st: 17st 10lbs
                               April 27th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 5th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 12th: 17st 8lbs
                               January 2nd 2015: 16st 1lbs
                               January 8th 2015: 15st 7lbs
                               January 16th 2015: 15st 8lbs
                               February 25th 2015: 14st 13lbs

Say a stone of fat left, and I probably want to put a 1/2 stone of muscle on. That's an estimate though.

Not sure what my target weight is.

Should probably now look at measuring body fat.

Has anyone any recommendations on a reliable over the counter body fat % reader to buy please?

Keep the efforts up the lot of you btw.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: February 28, 2015, 01:58:06 AM »

Ok guys count me in.

Yday's weigh in 106.6kgs.

Today's weigh in 103.5kgs.

I guess ok going in 2 weeks but I'm not rly happy with it. It's only a 0.4kg loss in the last 5 days (yeah I know i may be getting hung up too much on numbers)

I've been eating really really well, a drastic improvement in terms of what I'm now eating and the quantities too. I've also upped my exercise but I think I need to increase the length of the gym sessions I'm doing. The lack of carbs etc mean I'm just energyless in the gym much quicker and I find myself working hard for 30 minutes and then coming home. I really would like to be doing 45mins to 1hr a day.

I might not weigh myself for a few weeks now. I really wanna get under 100kgs asap.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: February 28, 2015, 02:12:47 AM »

Starting weight - Mid 2013: 22st 6lbs (just added)
                          January 9th 2014: 21st 5lbs
                          January 22nd: 20st 8lbs
                          January 27th: 20st 3lbs
                         February 3rd: 20st 1lbs
                         February 10th: 19st 13lbs
                         February 17th: 19st 9lbs
                         February 24th: 19st 7lbs
                               March 2nd: 19st 1 lbs
                               March 10th: 18st 13lbs
                               March 17th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 24th: 18st 9lbs
                               March 31st: 18st 4lbs
                               April 7th: 17st 12lbs
                               April 14th: 17st 13lbs
                               April 21st: 17st 10lbs
                               April 27th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 5th: 17st 8lbs
                               May 12th: 17st 8lbs
                               January 2nd 2015: 16st 1lbs
                               January 8th 2015: 15st 7lbs
                               January 16th 2015: 15st 8lbs
                               February 25th 2015: 14st 13lbs

Say a stone of fat left, and I probably want to put a 1/2 stone of muscle on. That's an estimate though.

Not sure what my target weight is.

Should probably now look at measuring body fat.

Has anyone any recommendations on a reliable over the counter body fat % reader to buy please?

Keep the efforts up the lot of you btw.

Incred stuff, congrats!

Should be able to get bodyfat measured at the gym?

I know they did mine for me a few times back when I was training a lot...

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: February 28, 2015, 08:54:31 AM »

N1, not signed up to a gym but will ring around to see if any of them will sort me out with just the reading.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: February 28, 2015, 09:28:08 AM »

Ok guys count me in.

I guess ok going in 2 weeks but I'm not rly happy with it. It's only a 0.4kg loss in the last 5 days (yeah I know i may be getting hung up too much on numbers)

I've been eating really really well, a drastic improvement in terms of what I'm now eating and the quantities too. I've also upped my exercise but I think I need to increase the length of the gym sessions I'm doing. The lack of carbs etc mean I'm just energyless in the gym much quicker and I find myself working hard for 30 minutes and then coming home. I really would like to be doing 45mins to 1hr a day.

I might not weigh myself for a few weeks now. I really wanna get under 100kgs asap.

You say you're eating really well but have a lack of carbs?

I think complex, healthy carbs should be the crux of any weight loss diet or any diet full stop. Brown rice and potatoes I live on, with vegetables and mung beans/lentils, all scented with an array of herbs and spices that are free from sugar, oil and salt. I have no limit on calories I eat, and eat until full whenever I want.

It is packed full of nutrients, keeps you full and energetic from less calories as they are so dense in nutrients per calorie and very low in fat.

Of course I don't eat meat or dairy where 99% of the rest of you do. So I would advise you to fill up on potatoes/brown rice/wholemeal bread/wholemeal pasta/legumes/vegetables as much as you can which would then mean you will eat less fat from meat/dairy/simple carbs, which are often starved from the nutrients you need meaning you are hungry to have more, so have more calories than you should.

"In 1979, researchers from the Food Science and Human Nutrition Department at Michigan State University (my alma mater) reported the results from asking 16 moderately overweight college-age men to add 12 slices of white bread (at 70 calories a slice) or high-fiber bread (at 50 calories a slice) to their diet daily.1 On average, subjects eating the extra white bread lost 14 pounds (6.26 Kg) and those adding the high-fiber bread lost 19 pounds (8.77 Kg) over the next eight weeks. There was no change in their physical activity or exercise. “Thus, weight loss of both groups of subjects occurred without alteration in life-style except for the supplementation of food intake with breads,” according to these investigators."

Would also advise you to eradicate oil completely from your diet if you eat it, as there are basically no nutrients in it and it is 99% fat.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:37 PM »

Ok guys count me in.

I think complex, healthy carbs should be the crux of any weight loss diet or any diet full stop. Brown rice and potatoes I live on, with vegetables and mung beans/lentils, all scented with an array of herbs and spices that are free from sugar, oil and salt. I have no limit on calories I eat, and eat until full whenever I want.

It is packed full of nutrients, keeps you full and energetic from less calories as they are so dense in nutrients per calorie and very low in fat.

Of course I don't eat meat or dairy where 99% of the rest of you do. So I would advise you to fill up on potatoes/brown rice/wholemeal bread/wholemeal pasta/legumes/vegetables as much as you can which would then mean you will eat less fat from meat/dairy/simple carbs, which are often starved from the nutrients you need meaning you are hungry to have more, so have more calories than you should.

"In 1979, researchers from the Food Science and Human Nutrition Department at Michigan State University (my alma mater) reported the results from asking 16 moderately overweight college-age men to add 12 slices of white bread (at 70 calories a slice) or high-fiber bread (at 50 calories a slice) to their diet daily.1 On average, subjects eating the extra white bread lost 14 pounds (6.26 Kg) and those adding the high-fiber bread lost 19 pounds (8.77 Kg) over the next eight weeks. There was no change in their physical activity or exercise. “Thus, weight loss of both groups of subjects occurred without alteration in life-style except for the supplementation of food intake with breads,” according to these investigators."

Would also advise you to eradicate oil completely from your diet if you eat it, as there are basically no nutrients in it and it is 99% fat.

Oil has some amazing properties that are vital to life. I don't want to sound like a troll but asking someone to leave oil out because it is all fat and has no nutrients isn't good long or short term advice.

Health matters. Oils are very healthy. Granted not all, but most.

And if that wasn't enough. It makes bland food taste great.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: March 01, 2015, 09:52:56 PM »

Ok guys count me in.

Oil has some amazing properties that are vital to life. I don't want to sound like a troll but asking someone to leave oil out because it is all fat and has no nutrients isn't good long or short term advice.

OFC you don't sound like a troll, mearly putting a point across Smiley

For someone to try and lose weight i would say no oil is a clever idea to get a bigger edge, as it isn't going to help fill you up but is so ridiculously dense in calories.

This is from Dr. Esselstyn, who is a leading cardiologist in America spearheading a back to basics whole foods, plant based, no oil vegan diet to see reversal and cessation of heart disease/diabetes/rheumatoid arthritis/being overweight/ in those that follow it.

"Avoid oils. They injure the endothelium, the innermost lining of the artery, and that injury is the gateway to vascular disease. All oil is also empty calories"

All the benefits you would get from oils you can get from the plants they are derived from. So why not just eat them?

Fair enough you have mentioned the fact it is a flavour enhancer but at what cost?
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: March 02, 2015, 10:47:07 AM »

Ok guys count me in.

For someone to try and lose weight i would say no oil is a clever idea to get a bigger edge, as it isn't going to help fill you up but is so ridiculously dense in calories.

This is from Dr. Esselstyn, who is a leading cardiologist in America spearheading a back to basics whole foods, plant based, no oil vegan diet to see reversal and cessation of heart disease/diabetes/rheumatoid arthritis/being overweight/ in those that follow it.

"Avoid oils. They injure the endothelium, the innermost lining of the artery, and that injury is the gateway to vascular disease. All oil is also empty calories"

All the benefits you would get from oils you can get from the plants they are derived from. So why not just eat them?

Fair enough you have mentioned the fact it is a flavour enhancer but at what cost?

I agree oil is a difficult thing to add into a diet, especially when you are trying to lose fat, but the health benefits are still extremely relevant. An excess in poor quality oil will no doubt cause harm to arterial performance. However the addition of quality oil increases cholesterol that help fight the deterioration of not only the arterial walls but also the coronary artery.

The flavour thing in my experience is huge, I am a fitness and nutrition coach. People cannot stick to a food plan if its boring. I would much rather them go over 50-100kcals in making food taste better, than binging when they get bored or can't stand the sight their own plate. A major problem the western world has is gluttony. Keeping people on track with food that has a purpose and can be positively used (you can argue and rightly so that all foods have that property, but to keep it simple) we have to keep it interesting. The days where its chicken/broccoli and rice are long gone.

I just shed a tear when we are banning foods we have effectively lived off for years and years, and especially on the mis interpretation of data and research. Research often has a second agenda. And i would be truly shocked if the Dr you mentioned said high quality oils have a negative effect on health.

I , along with some much better coaches and researchers, are desperate to change this fear culture of food and the chinese whispers of knowledge.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: March 02, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »

Ok guys count me in.

I do however totally agree with you in eat your kcals, but I hate olives, love olive oil. Don't enjoy coconuts, love coconut oil. I may be an an exception, but everyone is different in their nutritional needs and preferences, as a society we HAVE to get away from sweeping statements like this. Sweeping statements have almost single handily got us into this situation. Fat is bad, carbs are bad, protein cause kidney issues. All can be concluded form research and to certain people/situations all completely true. But you see where I am coming from? If i listened to every 'expert' out there I wouldn't have anything to eat.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: March 02, 2015, 12:23:51 PM »

5th  Jan 2015:  15st  9lb
12th Jan 2015:  15st  3lb
19th Jan 2015:  15st  2lb
26th Jan 2015:  15st  2lb
 2nd Feb 2015:  15st  3lb
 9th Feb 2015:   15st  4lb
16th Feb 2015:  15st  5lb
23rd Feb 2015:  15st  5lb
 2nd Mar 2015:  15st  3lb

Loss this week:     2lb
Total loss:           6lb

Ate clean all week, though zero exercise. Go on holiday in 7 weeks, aiming for minimum of under 14st by then
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: March 04, 2015, 01:29:19 PM »

Iraise: Watch Forks Over Knives if you get the chance. I will PM you the link to it online when I am on my desktop. The doctors on there will better explain my point, using solid evidence and foundations for their claims. I think it would be good for you just to see an alternative view point to the one you are promoting.

I think having a discussion about this will prove fruitless for the very same reason you mentioned of so much contrasting info being given out there by different doctors.

I do know that after years of trying different things, this is the only way of eating where I can eat as much as I want and lose weight and feel healthier than I have ever before.

Calorie counting has got to be the single most annoying thing about a conventional diet, if I want to eat I should eat as much as I want, period. With the diet I am on, you naturally stop eating when your body has had enough, and there is no sense of lack. Just fulfillment really.

Also the lack of protein myth with vegans is a complete joke as well predicated by the meat and dairy industries to justify the high amounts in their foods. Sub 20% protein is enough. More protein doesn't mean more muscle, the excess will just put a strain on your kidneys. Often body builders will build muscle in spite of the protein supplements they take not because of them.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: March 04, 2015, 02:10:58 PM »

Iraise: Watch Forks Over Knives if you get the chance. I will PM you the link to it online when I am on my desktop. The doctors on there will better explain my point, using solid evidence and foundations for their claims. I think it would be good for you just to see an alternative view point to the one you are promoting.

I think having a discussion about this will prove fruitless for the very same reason you mentioned of so much contrasting info being given out there by different doctors.

I do know that after years of trying different things, this is the only way of eating where I can eat as much as I want and lose weight and feel healthier than I have ever before.

Calorie counting has got to be the single most annoying thing about a conventional diet, if I want to eat I should eat as much as I want, period. With the diet I am on, you naturally stop eating when your body has had enough, and there is no sense of lack. Just fulfillment really.

Also the lack of protein myth with vegans is a complete joke as well predicated by the meat and dairy industries to justify the high amounts in their foods. Sub 20% protein is enough. More protein doesn't mean more muscle, the excess will just put a strain on your kidneys. Often body builders will build muscle in spite of the protein supplements they take not because of them.

Calories count, if you go over your BMR you store calories as fat. That is just how it is. You may be very lucky in that when you average your KCAL intake per week, your body has just happened to eat the right about. To say you can eat as much as you want of anything really is flawed. You don't have to count you are right, you can gamble. But as this forum will know, gambles even intelligent ones don't always work.

Promoting any diet as gospel or the way however cannot be accepted in fitness. You are has worked for you, and we are on the same side I want people to be happier, healthier and fitter.

The protein comment again is dependant, if I conducted my lifestyle as it is now on <20% I would notice a HUGE reduction in performance levels, muscle mass, aesthetics, happiness, confidence, energy, communicate and even sex levels. Why do I know this, because I inadvertently did it when I didn't understand the role of food. You may lose 2x more fat per week if you were on 40% protein, who knows, everyone is different.

Most of the studies that show kidney damage or done on 'non-healthy' individuals i.e cancer patients.

In terms of muscle building, protein is repair and growth. Even with limited genetic I will build more than you because my diet is better suited (yes I train differently, I actually train for strength more than muscle, but the level I am at it is all very similar). After the first year of training, you just DO NOT build muscle without required protein levels. How you get them vegan or otherwise seems to be irrelevant (at least in current research).

Please understand I am NOT attacking your knowledge viewpoint directly. I am simply saying you can't ban foods. That is not the way to sustainably progress and maintain.

Everyone eats so everyone thinks they are an expert, I am by no means an expert. I just understand (after nearly 3 years) that you have to be open minded to nutrition. There is no right or wrong way, there is simply sustainability and health.

To everyone in here though, please please please think how you eat. Record it/track it and you can compare. If you arent counting, how do you know whats working?!
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: March 04, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »

Probably POTY
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: March 04, 2015, 03:18:07 PM »

If my tone has come across as anything other than normal I don't mean it, I am merely discussing. I disagree with some of what you say but haven't the capability to argue my case properly so want to refer you into researching a whole foods plant based approach. That Neal Barnard, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall and others would advocate along with a host of other doctors.

They would argue staunchly against your comments of "There is no right or wrong way, there is simply sustainability and health."

In that they believe dairy, meat, oils, processed sugars to be unhealthy in the long term despite the short term nutritional gains in that they lead to arterial damage and pave the way to a host of chronic diseases.

Also milk has been proven to be bad for your bones in that it increases bone density in the short term but increases the likelihood of osteoporosis in the long term. The casein in milk too has links to cancer. And there are strong correlations between increased risk of disease and dairy consumption.

People have reversed heart disease on a whole foods plant based vegan no oil, no nut, diet and no other diet can attest to the same results. Healing is in the nutrition and the avoidance of foods that deny your body of healing better.
iRaise

Maybe One Time

View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: March 04, 2015, 05:08:34 PM »

If my tone has come across as anything other than normal I don't mean it, I am merely discussing. I disagree with some of what you say but haven't the capability to argue my case properly so want to refer you into researching a whole foods plant based approach. That Neal Barnard, Caldwell Esselstyn, John McDougall and others would advocate along with a host of other doctors.

They would argue staunchly against your comments of "There is no right or wrong way, there is simply sustainability and health."

In that they believe dairy, meat, oils, processed sugars to be unhealthy in the long term despite the short term nutritional gains in that they lead to arterial damage and pave the way to a host of chronic diseases.

Also milk has been proven to be bad for your bones in that it increases bone density in the short term but increases the likelihood of osteoporosis in the long term. The casein in milk too has links to cancer. And there are strong correlations between increased risk of disease and dairy consumption.

People have reversed heart disease on a whole foods plant based vegan no oil, no nut, diet and no other diet can attest to the same results. Healing is in the nutrition and the avoidance of foods that deny your body of healing better.

But it all depends on the breakdown of your diet. If I have 20g of skittles a day, the long term effect is negligible if my diet is based around wholesome food. Look at old bodybuilders for an example (and PLEASE NOTE AN EXTREME) most of them are extremely healthy now, and they ate more meat than me and you in a lifetime, drank more milk used more performance enhancing drugs (do not recommend) but as they were balanced, and it complimented their exercise and lifestyle they age with grace. Natural bodybuilders/powerlifters age with grace. Yes of course some don't but thats the case with everything.

I have read a few of those research papers. I hope this doesnt come across as an exaggeration, but I have read around 10-15 and probably 90% are funded by vegan retailers, read into that what you will. (Research often has ulterior motives)

Dr Oz. in the US for example, makes MILLIONS on giving out poor information, yes it might help people initially because it is slightly better than what they are used to, but after a year they plateau and blame genetics. NO NO NO.

I completely understand your point about not being equipped to argue, but I worry you are misinterpreting other peoples evidence. Something I have done and I am sure I will do in the future.

Think of nutrition alot like poker. Great players/doctors can often COMPLETELY contradict each other. But like in poker every situation has its different angles and nuances. So does nutrition. To whole cast ban nuts/oils/mil/meat is completely illogical based on a comprehensive review of ALL research. If i pick research that agrees with my opinion yes of course I can act billy big bollocks. But I am not, I am looking at a huge range, some scientific some anecdotal and evidence I see day to day.

You simply cannot ban these foods that humans have thrived off for years on a small segment of research (and trust me its small, REALLY REALLY small). I understand your views, and I am not necessarily saying this to you as you have your beliefs, but for those who are naive and ignorant and are crumbling away because they dont have the proteins/fats/carbs because they are throwing away food groups makes me want to cry, and I do mean that. Look at 3rd world countries, their diets are so restricted and due to that they suffer the health problems. We suffer health problems from gluttony of poor choices. I can ABSOLUTELY fit 20g of skittles in my day everday and be happy/healthy and perform well.

What I cannot do is go and have 150g everyday.

Discipline. Consistency. Mindset.

Being open minded is crucial, you cannot take a handful of advice from anyone. Me included. You have to read around. From my clients point of view, the best results come from those that read on a Sunday ask me questions/my interpretations and act as a result.

Gordon Greenhorn is a fantastic trainer who posts the conclusions of research, not his opinion. But he is one of 100s that do the same. a huge range of research without opinion. Just evidence.

Again, to those who aren't so sure, please do not cut out food groups. It is illogical and potentially very dangerous. It will stop you keeping to this as a lifestyle. It will stop your progress. It wil make you unhappy.

Ant I hope we can have this convo in 5 years, and I hope when you struggle on your diet you use this as motivation to stick it to me, I truly do.

But what works for you and the cult leaders does not work for everyone I hope you understand that. IT IS NOT ONE SIZE FITS ALL. IT IS NOT.

IT IS NOT.

If anyone has any questions I will try and answer. But be consistent and track, If you ask me a question I am going to say lets see your food diary (MyFitnessPal) otherwise I wont know enough to give advice on.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: