blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:13:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 493325 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #4650 on: January 17, 2015, 03:31:20 PM »

Well done Steve.   My young cousin done insanity think she lasted a week. 

I said i'd join from Saturday, I think I threatened to join before but just never got round to it.  Probably to my detriment. 

I weighed in at 165kg in October when I got a scan done.   I haven consciously been dieting or doing any exercise, infact over Christmas/New Year my die was probably worse than normal.  I never wanted to start while there was temptation in the way hence leaving it till now.  I was at an appointment other day and was weighed at 161.6 kg so a small loss in the time I have moved into the house I'm going to call that my starting weight. 

I used to train hard, I was in the gym sometimes twice a day but used to put in at least 6 sessions a week that ended about 11 years ago and I just got bigger through doing nothing.  I used to lift some pretty big weights that would probably make me cry now. 

My natural day will consist of getting up going to work were I sit for the majority of the day further I walk is to the printer.  I thn go home cook dinner and either play poker/look for opportunities to have a gamble.  Go to bed and start over again the next day. 

When dieting in the past I normally started pretty well but then get demotivated when I plateau out.    I'm determined that this time we'll see some good results.    In an effort to do this I'm going to short some short term goals and not really going to look at the long term. 

Goal 1 - 155kg by next check up.  Which is March, I don't have the exact date yet as the computers were down other day when I phoned to make a  new appointment but I was told it was in March and will get a confirmation letter next week. 

So I have at least 6 weeks.  From Monday I'l be cutting out fizzy drinks, will plan to eat more healthier and add in at least 20 minutes walking a day.  I aim to be back at the Gym after my next Hospital appointment assuming I get the ok from the Orthopaedic bloke. 
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: January 17, 2015, 04:20:00 PM »

Thanks mate.

Not sure if it is yours or others in this threads cup of tea but can highly recommend get involved with http://www.parkrun.org.uk/   They are every where and allow all abilities to walk, jog, run. compete, challenge  self.   They have people running with dogs, pushing pushchairs even barefoot runners. All free, great admin and stats service, a real community feel.   Its laid on the plate for you, you just gotta turn up.  No i am a big boy I don't run moans. Every age, size, and shape conceivable participate Smiley

Regards

Steve
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: January 17, 2015, 05:15:00 PM »

Wow nice one Steve very well done indeed !!

👏👏👏

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: January 17, 2015, 09:47:28 PM »

Thanks mate.

Not sure if it is yours or others in this threads cup of tea but can highly recommend get involved with http://www.parkrun.org.uk/   They are every where and allow all abilities to walk, jog, run. compete, challenge  self.   They have people running with dogs, pushing pushchairs even barefoot runners. All free, great admin and stats service, a real community feel.   Its laid on the plate for you, you just gotta turn up.  No i am a big boy I don't run moans. Every age, size, and shape conceivable participate Smiley

Regards

Steve

I am recent parkrun convert and love it. A real sense of community about the events and non judgemental about who you are and how fit/unfit you are.

It has not only changed my Saturday mornings but my Friday evenings as a result of not wanting to be feeling bad the next morning.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: January 17, 2015, 11:22:02 PM »

03/01/2015 - 15st 9 3/4
10/01/2015 - 14st 13 1/4
17/01/2015 - 14st 9 1/2

Another good week. Total loss crept over a stone. Got another spin class this morning. Got a dinner this evening and drinks. Needing to take it easy and no second greasy dinner on the way home!!

Congrats on a another good week. A stone in two weeks is a hell of an effort thumbs up
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: January 18, 2015, 12:09:56 AM »

Thanks mate.

Regards

Yup true that,  forgot about the positive impact on Friday nights.
Steve

I am recent parkrun convert and love it. A real sense of community about the events and non judgemental about who you are and how fit/unfit you are.

It has not only changed my Saturday mornings but my Friday evenings as a result of not wanting to be feeling bad the next morning.
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: January 18, 2015, 08:31:27 AM »

Week 1  4/01/2015   17 stone 3 lb
Week 2  11/01/2015   17 stone 0 lb  3lb loss
Week 3  18/01/2015   16 stone 10lb 4lb loss

Good week this week done the 7 min exercise challenge 3 times not a lot I know but it gotta help
Gonna do the exercises 4 times this week then 5 etc ....little steps slowly slowly

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: January 18, 2015, 03:32:44 PM »

Good week this week done the 7 min exercise challenge 3 times not a lot I know but it gotta help
Gonna do the exercises 4 times this week then 5 etc ....little steps slowly slowly

Well done Lee! Good start
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: January 18, 2015, 06:53:46 PM »

Solid, good weight loss for the 2nd week
leethefish

View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: January 18, 2015, 07:03:27 PM »

Thanks guys
Still got a long long way to go tho
Mainly will power with me just need to give up the crap !!

www.ageuk.org.uk/

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: January 18, 2015, 08:48:14 PM »

Thanks guys
Still got a long long way to go tho
Mainly will power with me just need to give up the crap !!

Sticking to your 'slowly slowly' plan will help with this. Lot's of people rush in to exercise and/or diet regimes and the sudden change is such a shock to their system there's no way they'll be able to stick to it.

Just go for small lifestyle changes every now and then and don't punish yourself if you have a little slip up because in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter one bit.

Good luck mate!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: January 19, 2015, 01:39:14 PM »

5th  Jan 2015:  15st  9lb
12th Jan 2015:  15st  3lb
19th Jan 2015:  15st  2lb

Loss this week:   1lb
Total loss:         7lb

Only lost a lb this week but diet still clean and exercised more. Ate more carbs this week though.
Done my first weights session a few days ago, very light weights. Tris ached for days. Aiming to start hitting the training harder this week now I have eased the body back into it
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: January 19, 2015, 03:50:21 PM »

12th Jan 2015 17st 9lbs
19th Jan 2015 17st 7lbs

Slightly disappointed to only 2lbs, especially given how active I was. Ran 40km this week including setting pbs for 5 and 10k over the weekend. Didn't eat anything terrible but probably still eat too much of what I did eat. Also had a couple glasses of wine which can't help.

Congrats everyone on the progress being made in this thread.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: January 19, 2015, 04:10:53 PM »

12th Jan 2015 17st 9lbs
19th Jan 2015 17st 7lbs

Slightly disappointed to only 2lbs, especially given how active I was. Ran 40km this week including setting pbs for 5 and 10k over the weekend. Didn't eat anything terrible but probably still eat too much of what I did eat. Also had a couple glasses of wine which can't help.

Congrats everyone on the progress being made in this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

log everything for a week and my guess is that all will become clear

Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: January 19, 2015, 10:10:50 PM »

So started today, gone ok so far until the Asda guy came with a delivery the Mrs ordered on Friday, I have just seen all he junk and I'm like nom nom want sugar.

I started today with a smaller bowl than normal of coco pops and a cup of peppermint tea.  I quite enjoy peppermint and reckon cutting out normal tea is likely to help as I feel inclined to have a biscuit with a cuppa, I could go for coffee but I take 3 heaps of sugar in a coffee and a bit of milk or cream but can pass up on the bscuit.  So this is a win/win with peppermint tea. 

I had 3 cups of peppermint tea throughout the day, and for lunch I had the leftovers of a beef and chorizo stew I done at the weekend for dinner.  Loaded with veg and beans.  So pretty healthy option.  Took a wee 15 - 20 minute stroll at lunch up a pretty steep hill. 

For dinner I had piripiri chicken and tomato and basil rice.  Which was really tasty, washed it down with a pint of water. 

Asda guy never brought the messages up the stair, pah!  so I had to make 4 trips up and down with dem heavy bags.  I've left the Mrs to put them away to avoid any temptation for now.  I'm going to have another peppemint tea and get to bed and start over again the morra. 

Might try and fit in a swim and sauna tomorrow night as my back's been pretty sore last few days. 
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 315 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: