blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:40:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 493269 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4695 on: February 18, 2015, 07:25:34 AM »

Ok guys count me in.

Yday's weigh in 106.6kgs.

Jayzuz mate your heavier than me  Shocked

Yep, worst shape I've ever been in my whole life. Gotta do something about it.

Sorry cos I've been really busy
What are your goals ?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: February 21, 2015, 09:25:17 PM »

Everyone still crushing, yeh?
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: February 22, 2015, 07:09:35 PM »

4/01/15   17 stone 3lb
11/01/15      17 stone  0lb  3lb loss
18/01/15  16 stone 10lb   4lb loss
25/01/15  16 stone 12lb   2lb gain
1/02/15  16 stone 9lb  3lb loss
8/02/15  16 stone 8lb   1lb loss
14/02/15  16 stone 9lb   1lb gain
22/02/15   16 stone  8lb   1 lb loss

Ok so I'm struggling again but I have been out 3 nights this week for beer and meals so pleased to have a loss!
I am working away this week so am fully expecting to gain 3-4 lb but am still going to be trying

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: February 22, 2015, 08:57:07 PM »

Okay gents I'm in. I have my own thread for general weights and training updates but I think a bit of weight loss motivation with you guys won't go amiss.

I've been planning on getting in shape for Vegas in June but didn't really have a plan on when to start. Having just measured my waist I think today needs to be the day!!!!

I'm not really bothered about how much I weigh so I'd decided to check my waist line and set a target based around that. When I found out that it was just under 39" to be honest I was shocked!!

Back when I was a training machine it was 33" which for someone of my height and general stature was pretty impressive. Even when I'd cut the training right down it never went above 36".

Seems like something has happened to make me get out of shape. My diet hasn't changed drastically in recent years so my best guess is that it's the reduced exercise I now get on a daily basis when I walk the dog. When he was younger I used to walk a minimum of 4 miles a day and regularly do 6 to 8. Now that he's getting on a bit we don't go more than 2 miles and usually stick to just 1. I'd guess that amounts to quite a few calories throughout the year and it's now starting to show on my waistline.

I can't suddenly start walking loads again as it's not good for the dog's legs so I think I'll make changes to my diet and possibly start to train twice a day instead of the current single session in the morning. I absolutely hate doing cardio but I don't think there's a whole lot of choice so it's a case of trying to find something I like and can stick to. I know that there's a boxing instructor at my gym so if I can't find a machine I can tolerate I'll just flick in a few quid and have 2 or 3 sessions a week with him.

Looking forward to joining you guys and seeing what progress everyone makes.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: February 23, 2015, 10:50:55 AM »

5th  Jan 2015:  15st  9lb
12th Jan 2015:  15st  3lb
19th Jan 2015:  15st  2lb
26th Jan 2015:  15st  2lb
 2nd Feb 2015:  15st  3lb
 9th Feb 2015:   15st  4lb
16th Feb 2015:  15st  5lb
23rd Feb 2015:  15st  5lb

Loss this week:     0lb
Total loss:           4lb
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: February 23, 2015, 11:18:10 AM »

had my 3 weeks off the rig and fully intended to get back on the fitness road, however:

1) i have an older brother who has muscular dystrophy (myotonic) and he was taken into hospital, so i spent a lot of my 3 weeks in and out of there, seeing to him, helping his other half (who also has her own issues) and liasing with the parents who live in Spain for the cold months.

2) had a boiler fitted, which resulted in an en suit shower in the kitchen, not caused by the plumbers, but by the fact that i now had a good pressure behind the hot water, it highlighted the distinct lack of sealing in the shower panels in the en suit shower room itself (the joys of buying a house)

3) i still really really like to eat food

anyhow, despite all of that, and having xmas just round the corner where indulgance was profound, and extra boxes of chocolates that were hidden being discovered, i had an offshore medical 5 days ago, and was pleased to see that fully clothed (but no shoes) i was at 118kg

so, i still am lower than where i started out at some months ago, but i havent made any progress for a long time

must try harder Mick!!!!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: February 23, 2015, 03:31:24 PM »

Ok guys count me in.

What are your goals ?

I wanna be a tank.

I want to be in the best shape I've ever been in. I want to be able to lift more than my previous best lifts when I was training a lot 6/7 years ago. I was squatting 160kg and able to do 180 for 6 reps and I could do 2 reps of 135kg on bench press. I want to eclipse those but it's going to be a very long road to achieve that.

I also want to be very fit. When I used to lift weights regularly I never bothered with cardio whereas now I want to be fit also.

Anyway I haven't eaten any carbs in just over a week and I'm feeling good. Have been eating very very clean and more moderate portions etc.

Today I weighed in at 103.9kgs for a 2.7kg loss since my last post.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: February 23, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »

Ok guys count me in.

What are your goals ?

I wanna be a tank.

I want to be in the best shape I've ever been in. I want to be able to lift more than my previous best lifts when I was training a lot 6/7 years ago. I was squatting 160kg and able to do 180 for 6 reps and I could do 2 reps of 135kg on bench press. I want to eclipse those but it's going to be a very long road to achieve that.

I also want to be very fit. When I used to lift weights regularly I never bothered with cardio whereas now I want to be fit also.

Anyway I haven't eaten any carbs in just over a week and I'm feeling good. Have been eating very very clean and more moderate portions etc.

Sort it quick mate!! Gets harder as you get older but you're currently at the perfect age to get as monstrous as your genetics will allow.

Might slip in to beast mode myself soon so we can maybe keep tabs on progress.

Good luck!!

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: February 23, 2015, 05:53:09 PM »

Ok guys count me in.

What are your goals ?

I wanna be a tank.

Sort it quick mate!! Gets harder as you get older but you're currently at the perfect age to get as monstrous as your genetics will allow.

Might slip in to beast mode myself soon so we can maybe keep tabs on progress.

Good luck!!

You two could always have another prop bet to keep you motivated?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: February 23, 2015, 08:43:25 PM »

If I thought I might win I'd be happy to go again but chances of me sticking to it are much less than last time.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: February 23, 2015, 11:00:00 PM »

If I thought I might win I'd be happy to go again but chances of me sticking to it are much less than last time.

I have to just want to do it. My only motivator needs to be me. I'm loving starting up again even though I'm far from loving the state my body is in at the moment but I don't think a prop is a good idea. At the moment I expect some gains with strength etc to be fairly fast as should weight loss be fairly rapid at the start.

The test is when things hit a plateau to push through it or training after being sick for a while or finding time to fit in sessions whilst on holiday. I remember being on a lads holiday in Malta where I was pretty much at the peak of taking it seriously and I still found time every day when my mates were all lounging around or taking a siesta to walk to a hotel 15 minutes away and use the gym every day hungover or not. That's the sort of attitude I have to have now and hopefully maintain it for longer than I ever have before.

good luck to you too Matt, I want those arms looking like they did at Stu's 30th

@GreekStein on twitter.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: February 23, 2015, 11:02:16 PM »

Downloaded a fitness app to my iPhone called '7' which is a series of 7 minute workouts. I paid for all of the non free ones and do one or two at the start of my gym sessions now. They are tough but a great way to start a session. you can do it all at home too. Would recommend.

@GreekStein on twitter.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: February 23, 2015, 11:08:49 PM »

Benchpress prop for brags?

Think we're pretty similar on our max lift. You said 135kg for 2 reps and mine was 140kg although that was years ago!!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: February 24, 2015, 12:21:15 PM »

Think we're pretty similar on our max lift. You said 135kg for 2 reps and mine was 140kg although that was years ago!!

OK I'm in for the brags since it seems like a freeroll for me. I can either embarrass you or lose as expected Smiley

I would like to be able to bench 100kg as my 6 reps weight by the end of the year. Maybe that's not shooting high enough but my goals have changed a little bit and for some months I am going to be focusing on weightloss and cardio before strength and size but this should be a good way of making sure I don't slack too much on weights.

@GreekStein on twitter.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: February 24, 2015, 03:46:26 PM »

OK I'm in for the brags since it seems like a freeroll for me. I can either embarrass you or lose as expected Smiley

I would like to be able to bench 100kg as my 6 reps weight by the end of the year. Maybe that's not shooting high enough but my goals have changed a little bit and for some months I am going to be focusing on weightloss and cardio before strength and size but this should be a good way of making sure I don't slack too much on weights.

Don't be too under-confident mate I'm not the beast I used to be.....

I trained chest this morning and only went to 60kg on an incline bench. Could've done a bit more but nowhere near 2 plates.

Think you've set the bar pretty low here given your known max. I reckon June would be a better target date for 6 reps at 100kg although as you say you have other goals to hit as well it probably makes sense.

I'll set 100kg x 6 reps as a target sometime pre Vegas (June 5th) and 130kg by end of year. Should be able to do the 100kg one at the same time as my dumbbells then focus on bench for the max lift afterwards.

Good luck mate.

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 313 [314] 315 316 317 318 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: