blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:24:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960872 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3045 on: May 05, 2015, 02:32:13 PM »

A question for those of you that have stayed at the Golden Nugget.

22 nights 6 June to 28 June comes out at £1823 on Lowcostusa. Would the poker room rate be cheaper? I am playing most of my MTTs there (hopefully) but been let down on accom. so looking for a last minute Downtown hotel

Would have thought it would be, for sure. I can't ever remember paying more than 600 for 2 weeks there, except for when I did 2 1/2 weeks in the Rush Tower.

4 Queens is another option, which might work out a fair bit cheaper, and you're only across the street.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 05, 2015, 02:49:39 PM »

Yes, I looked at GN site itself, it wont let you book more than 14 nights but 14 plus 8 looks cheaper than lowcost thought GN site resort fee not in figures.

Anyone stayed at The D or Golden Gate as they come up very cheap on booking.com

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 05, 2015, 03:13:28 PM »

Sign up for quidco and do your hotel bookings thru there.  It takes a few weeks but I usually get 8-12pc cashback.

I always try and use hotels.com as they have a loyalty scene where you book 10 nights and get 1 night free so I typically get 20pc off the standard list price.

hotels.com didn't have availabilty at the GN (I think EDC dates booked up) but sure you can find a work around.  6th-14th was £363 where you can get 10pc from quidco and the free night too.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: May 05, 2015, 03:26:20 PM »

Yes, I looked at GN site itself, it wont let you book more than 14 nights but 14 plus 8 looks cheaper than lowcost thought GN site resort fee not in figures.

Anyone stayed at The D or Golden Gate as they come up very cheap on booking.com

Yeah, I always book it in 2 parts when I go, because of the 14 day thing.

Don't know anyone that has stayed at the D, but it has a great steakhouse Smiley

One of the scottish lads from our  forum stayed at the Golden Gate, and I've been there drinking a few times. He said the only negative about it, was that the rooms were very small, which isn't an issue if you're just there to sleep.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 06, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »

Help.!!!!!!!!
May need to get to Vegas PDQ as my Mum and Dad are there on Holiday. Dads had a Stroke/Infection/heart Attack and is in intensive care. Whats the best site to get a Flight there on Thursday/Friday.

Much appreciated.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: May 06, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »

Help.!!!!!!!!
May need to get to Vegas PDQ as my Mum and Dad are there on Holiday. Dads had a Stroke/Infection/heart Attack and is in intensive care. Whats the best site to get a Flight there on Thursday/Friday.

Much appreciated.

http://www.skyscanner.net

Best flight comparison site, hope your dad has a speed recovery.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: May 06, 2015, 03:09:31 PM »

Tried to do as much digging as possible but I'll get a better reply here I'm sure!

Playing the Colossus event, which will be my WSOP virginity lost. With regards to regging for it, our plan was to head to the Rio after we've checked in and dumped our stuff in the room (we arrive on the Friday 29th on the later direct BA service), and register that evening for the 10am flight the next day. Is it as simple as taking $565 and our passports to register? Really want to beat what I imagine will be lengthy queues on Saturday morning!

Also the $20 trick.....whats the etiquette?! Slip a 20 in your passport photo page as you check in and casually ask if there are any upgrades? This will be my 4th time to Vegas but I've never tried it before. Staying in Monte Carlo for 7 nights fwiw.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 06, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »

Passport, cash, and you have to get a WSOP Players card, which is easy enough to get from the desk just outside registration. Once you've got that, just head in and register.

I've generally always asked if there are any 'X-rooms available', and suggested I'm happy to tip them if there are any complimentary upgrades on offer. I paid the girl at Caesars Palace $100 for upgrading me from the base room, to the Augustus Tower.

Have a look online, see what kind of rooms they have at MC, and then pick one of those out to try and get.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: May 06, 2015, 04:02:21 PM »

I only got back from Vegas yesterday and already missing it. Weather here atm doesn't help.

It was the first time I have used them but lowcostusa were superb. Sent the vouchers when they said they would and didn't even need to show it when checking it at the hotel.

Virgin on the other hand are as usual a bunch of fuckwits. Plane was delayed so they changed to an old non-upgraded plane and completely ignored anyones seat requests. Had to go and harass the boarding staff before the gate opened to get the family sat together and not all over the place. Seems it was the same for the whole plane.

Can confirm that US players still love Ace rag and continue to call any action to the river with it!!!

Just got back from Florida and flew with Virgin

I made numerous enquiries about tickets etc. prior to flying without an answer ( they answered one the day before my return ) so that was pretty bad however the flight there and back was great and so smooth and the cabin service I can only describe as fantastic  , we had two main meals plus snacks and as many drinks ( alcohol too ) as you wanted plus really attentive  & friendly cabin staff .Also they have a massive personal choice of in house films, tv programmes games and news channels that are all free

Somebody advised me Virgin can cost more but based on my journey both ways can say it was worth every penny so credit where credits due

Looking forward to flying with them again to Vegas
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 04:05:49 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: May 06, 2015, 04:19:39 PM »

I'd say going to the Rio about midnight will be your best bet.  You need a players card.  I think TK did a video about the reg process on Youtube.

$20 trick is easy.  Just smile, ask if there are any complimentary upgrades and have the $20 on the counter with your passport.  They know the score.  At the very least you'll get a better view, a recent refurb room rather than just the first bog standard room that pops up free on the computer.

See you there!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: May 06, 2015, 04:24:11 PM »

I only got back from Vegas yesterday and already missing it. Weather here atm doesn't help.

It was the first time I have used them but lowcostusa were superb. Sent the vouchers when they said they would and didn't even need to show it when checking it at the hotel.

Virgin on the other hand are as usual a bunch of fuckwits. Plane was delayed so they changed to an old non-upgraded plane and completely ignored anyones seat requests. Had to go and harass the boarding staff before the gate opened to get the family sat together and not all over the place. Seems it was the same for the whole plane.

Can confirm that US players still love Ace rag and continue to call any action to the river with it!!!

I made numerous enquiries about tickets etc. prior to flying without an answer ( they answered one the day before my return ) so that was pretty bad however the flight there and back was great and so smooth and the cabin service I can only describe as fantastic  , we had two main meals plus snacks and as many drinks ( alcohol too ) as you wanted plus really attentive  & friendly cabin staff .Also they have a massive personal choice of in house films, tv programmes games and news channels that are all free

Somebody advised me Virgin can cost more but based on my journey both ways can say it was worth every penny so credit where credits due

Always had good experiences with Virgin, too.

Last year I was very ill on the day I was due to fly back. The Virgin Atlantic lady offered to put me up in a hotel until I felt better, and no charge for flying home at a later date.

They could man their customer service phones a bit better though. I was on Skype at the hotel trying to get through, so I could change my flight, and was on hold for almost 2 hours, with no answer Smiley

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: May 06, 2015, 04:24:45 PM »

$20 trick is easy.  Just smile, ask if there are any complimentary upgrades and have the $20 on the counter with your passport.  They know the score.  At the very least you'll get a better view, a recent refurb room rather than just the first bog standard room that pops up free on the computer.

See you there!

When I tried it at Caesars not only did they upgrade me to a junior suite - they even asked if wanted any change from my $20 Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
duncthehat
25 years married to a EU Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 06, 2015, 10:34:55 PM »

Last year I was very ill on the day I was due to fly back. The Virgin Atlantic lady offered to put me up in a hotel until I felt better, and no charge for flying home at a later date.

They could man their customer service phones a bit better though. I was on Skype at the hotel trying to get through, so I could change my flight, and was on hold for almost 2 hours, with no answer Smiley

The flight from Gatwick has been doing pretty badly recently.  Besides that emergency landing some of the daily flights have had 24 hour delays etc.  So bad Simon Calder actually wrote about it in the independent a couple of weeks back. 

Fighting for EU Citizens Resident in the UK #RightToStay
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: May 06, 2015, 10:45:58 PM »

The flight from Gatwick has been doing pretty badly recently.  Besides that emergency landing some of the daily flights have had 24 hour delays etc.  So bad Simon Calder actually wrote about it in the independent a couple of weeks back. 

Yeah for my flight they basically said that it would have been delayed 24-48 hours otherwise
I Wouldn't have minded that, would have got virgin to stump up to extend my stay a couple of nights!!
Obv pre last Court ruling they would of just cancelled the flight, but now they have to stump up they actually try to get the flight going.
What pissed us off more is that they didn't mention it at check-in/bag drop and thought it fine to split up a family including children. As it was after all the complaining all we could get was the very last row at the back, which is very bumpy for those with travel sickness and right by the toilets, so you get the smell from that and the constant queue of people wanting to use it.
Got fk all food either as they run out of everything except inedible rubber that was meant to be a pasta meal.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 07, 2015, 12:05:21 AM »

Might not be a bad thing to miss a year then Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: