blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:51:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960604 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3060 on: May 07, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »

Thanks for the replies guys! Fly to Dublin 3 weeks today to kick the journey to Vegas off, so the excitement is building. Going business class for probably the only time in my life, so I intend to gobble as much steak and champagne as possible Smiley

Saw the following on a very good holiday website I peruse daily, probably won't appeal to all the grinders, but if one of you were considering whisking her indoors away for a LV break before xmas, it seems a pretty good deal.

http://www.travelzoo.com/uk/holidays/luxury-world/-679pp-Super-Luxurious-Vegas-Bellagio-Break-w-BA-Flts-2017002/

Best Bitter.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: May 07, 2015, 06:16:52 PM »

Help.!!!!!!!!
May need to get to Vegas PDQ as my Mum and Dad are there on Holiday. Dads had a Stroke/Infection/heart Attack and is in intensive care. Whats the best site to get a Flight there on Thursday/Friday.

Much appreciated.

Hope you on your way as I write this and your Dad is on the mend soon. X

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: May 07, 2015, 10:50:06 PM »

So with the  $$$ going back up again what will the election do the $$ rate will it go down again or keep as it is
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: May 09, 2015, 11:17:28 AM »

A question for those of you that have stayed at the Golden Nugget.

22 nights 6 June to 28 June comes out at £1823 on Lowcostusa. Would the poker room rate be cheaper? I am playing most of my MTTs there (hopefully) but been let down on accom. so looking for a last minute Downtown hotel

Got 22 nights at the D (formerly Fitzgeralds) on Fremont Street for £1010 including resort fee and local taxes from 6 June to 28 June. Just got to sort out how to get from Nottingham to Gatwick on the 6th now. Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: May 09, 2015, 11:20:32 AM »

22 nights 6 June to 28 June comes out at £1823 on Lowcostusa. Would the poker room rate be cheaper? I am playing most of my MTTs there (hopefully) but been let down on accom. so looking for a last minute Downtown hotel

Got 22 nights at the D (formerly Fitzgeralds) on Fremont Street for £1010 including resort fee and local taxes from 6 June to 28 June. Just got to sort out how to get from Nottingham to Gatwick on the 6th now. Smiley

Can't be bad, especially with EDC in the middle.

Make sure you have dinner at Andiamo while you're there, it's superb.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: May 09, 2015, 11:24:21 AM »

Cheers. I usually eat well when I go with my poker buddy, unfortunately he's unwell so I'm going solo, that usually means coffees, sarnies and shit food but determined to get stuck into a few steaks Smiley

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: May 09, 2015, 11:35:42 AM »

I've done national express coaches a couple of times and stayed near the airport the night before. So pain free. Takes a while, obviously, but you can bring two cases, stick them under the coach and then you'll get two seats minimum on the half empty coach.

Just had a look and there are direct coaches between Nottingham and Gatwick for £18.

Doesn't suit everyone, obviously, but it's been good for me.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: May 09, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »

Cheers. I usually eat well when I go with my poker buddy, unfortunately he's unwell so I'm going solo, that usually means coffees, sarnies and shit food but determined to get stuck into a few steaks Smiley

Well, it's up there with the best steaks I've had in Vegas, so definitely worth a visit if you're staying there anyway.

Other than a few steaks, it'll be Starbucks with Tikay of a the morning Grin

MLHMLH

View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: May 10, 2015, 06:27:34 PM »

Off to Vegas next Sunday with the family for a week. Will be playing a bit of poker but doing more touristy stuff this time around and need some advice! Some members of our party want to go on a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. Does anyone know the best way of getting a good deal? Pre-book or wait till we get there? Any recommendations on who to use and where to book the trip? Also, we want to go to a couple of off-strip shopping outlets. Which are the best ones? Thanks in advance.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: May 10, 2015, 07:21:42 PM »

I've done national express coaches a couple of times and stayed near the airport the night before. So pain free. Takes a while, obviously, but you can bring two cases, stick them under the coach and then you'll get two seats minimum on the half empty coach.

Just had a look and there are direct coaches between Nottingham and Gatwick for £18.

Doesn't suit everyone, obviously, but it's been good for me.

We're flying a day earlier Simon.

No way I'm getting the coach when Nottingham St Pancras Gatwick is £75 return in first class.

Leaving Nottingham at 16.30 means we will be having a pint in the Sofitel at 19.30

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: May 11, 2015, 12:54:27 PM »

Off to Vegas next Sunday with the family for a week. Will be playing a bit of poker but doing more touristy stuff this time around and need some advice! Some members of our party want to go on a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam. Does anyone know the best way of getting a good deal? Pre-book or wait till we get there? Any recommendations on who to use and where to book the trip? Also, we want to go to a couple of off-strip shopping outlets. Which are the best ones? Thanks in advance.

Shopping.  There are a few "outlet malls" and most of them are terrible, low quality shops.  SO getting in a cab and saying "outlet malls" would be a bad move.  The best one nearby is the Premium Outlet Mall on S Grand Central Parkway.  http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=58  You can have a look at the store listings and see if those are the shops you want or not.  Depending on where you start your journey, and whether you are driving or getting a cab, it is easy to find just off the I15 before getting downtown (41B from memory) or from taking the surface streets via Charleston.

The alternative is 45-60 minutes out of town in Primm on the state line.  http://www.fashionoutletlasvegas.com/  Here the shops aren't the best ever, but the sale fares are incredible, if you plan to buy a lot there are a lot of stores with permanent 70% off sales etc.  If you are driving, just take the I15 to LA and you will fall over it, there used to be a shuttle which you could catch from MGM.

Helicopter.  Maverick seem to get it right, although no doubt not the cheapest out there.  http://www.maverickhelicopter.com/  The tour will include hotel pickup, but you need to have a think about exactly what tour you want, as there is a difference between how long it will take and where exactly they fly you to.  Do you want to go to the rim at the nearest point, or do you want to fly right down into the floor of the canyon away from the masses and spend any amount of time there?  Do you want to take in Lake Mead, Hoover Dam or just straight to the Canyon? There are a few helicopter tour places with offices on the strip around the M&M/Coca-Cola stores and plenty of guys working it on the pavement too.  I assume they will be pushing the "lower price" but I don't know what you get for that.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: May 11, 2015, 01:01:33 PM »

Where are the best supermarket type shops for someone staying on the strip?

Seem to recall there's a Wallgreen somewhere near Planet Hollywood, but I've never used it. I assume that's Wallmart-related?

If you want some nibbles that don't cost the Earth or something more significant like salad, a pint of milk and a loaf, where's best?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: May 11, 2015, 01:09:56 PM »

Seem to recall there's a Wallgreen somewhere near Planet Hollywood, but I've never used it. I assume that's Wallmart-related?

If you want some nibbles that don't cost the Earth or something more significant like salad, a pint of milk and a loaf, where's best?

Wallgreens is very good (nothing to do with WalMart though). Theres one next to Venetian too, but prices there are more expensive than the PHo one!

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: May 11, 2015, 01:13:21 PM »

Walgreens are one of the biggest pharmacists in the world - I think they're a subsidiary of Boots now; but my experience is that pharmacies in America are a bit like little supermarkets in terms of the groceries they stock. I definitely have used one in Las Vegas for that reason (other times I've just taken a bus to Walmart to stock up Smiley ) - there's a pretty good chance it was that one.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: May 11, 2015, 01:19:47 PM »

Superb. Thanks, chaps.

Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: