blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:15:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 960977 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3480 on: December 02, 2015, 12:38:15 AM »

Try Alamo.co.uk. Need to book via uk site to get the correct insurance. Go via Quidco to get approx 10% cash back. Upgrade to gold to get multiple drivers, tank of fuel and no excesses.

Mentioned this to my old man and found out he has just spent a couple hours looking at car hire for Vegas, and he got a full-size for £253 (2 weeks).

This site came up with the best deal http://www.atlaschoice.com/ and Travel Supermarket was the next best.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: December 02, 2015, 12:41:45 AM »

Buy two items, get 25% off at Style & Trend or 1946.

Tap in of the week contender.

It was tempting, but I went with the Hibachi Grill... Thinking of my stomach, as per Smiley

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: December 02, 2015, 01:48:45 AM »

Some great deals over xmas, thought about it briefly...  Cry
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: December 02, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »

Just back from Vegas and as always had a cracking time.

Did one visit I've not done before, out to Death Valley National Park.

The view from "Dantes View" was breath taking.

Its a bit of a drive but worth the trip.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: December 02, 2015, 08:02:15 PM »

Just back from Vegas and as always had a cracking time.

Did one visit I've not done before, out to Death Valley National Park.

The view from "Dantes View" was breath taking.

Its a bit of a drive but worth the trip.

Cheers for the heads up, Rick.

My old man always gets a car, so I'll pass this on.

He might take a drive out with the old dear,  and probably try leaving her there given half a chance Grin

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: December 07, 2015, 10:28:31 AM »

Christmas "sale" fare

Which reminds me of this little bargain a while ago

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: December 07, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »

Christmas "sale" fare

Which reminds me of this little bargain a while ago

Are they the return prices?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: December 07, 2015, 03:45:31 PM »

which ones?

I assume £909+ is the wsop price for an economy return next year.  I haven't looked into it as I'm still sat on a stack of airmiles to use.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3488 on: December 07, 2015, 04:50:38 PM »

LOL

which ones?

I assume £909+ is the wsop price for an economy return next year.  I haven't looked into it as I'm still sat on a stack of airmiles to use.

I'm going out on the 21st, and it's £881 for those dates, going up when main summer starts the day after.

If they don't have sale, I'll just go Westjet, and use the £350 saved to pay for a 3rd week.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: December 07, 2015, 05:27:38 PM »

Sigh.

Click to see full-size image.

Now that's saving money.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: December 07, 2015, 05:33:02 PM »

Is it though? How much is the direct flight?

How much are your return flights to Dublin with baggage?
Total added to your journey must be over 10 hours? Surely you value your personal time at at least £25 per hour!

These always look good, but I don't think i could ever bring myself to do it when you add everything up!

Doesnt help that I would probably spend an extra £25 on each of the 4 connecting flights, and the same in Dublin airport if I had time!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: December 07, 2015, 05:46:15 PM »

Total added to your journey must be over 10 hours? Surely you value your personal time at at least £25 per hour!

These always look good, but I don't think i could ever bring myself to do it when you add everything up!

Doesnt help that I would probably spend an extra £25 on each of the 4 connecting flights, and the same in Dublin airport if I had time!

Depends.

I see it as a night in Dublin beforehand - therefore starting my holiday a day early.

The connecting flight IS the direct flight from Gatwick to Vegas that Virgin are charging ~£900 for, so you arrive in Vegas at the same time.

You can also try and check your baggage only to Gatwick on the way back so you dont have to take the last leg. Depends on your attendant at McCarran.

For a cheap bastard like me, I spent £35 on my flight out there from Liverpool, €12 on my hostel for one night, and used airmiles to fly back from London when I returned...so I would say <£100 total. Still saving shitloads.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: December 07, 2015, 05:58:40 PM »

Depends.

I see it as a night in Dublin beforehand - therefore starting my holiday a day early.

The connecting flight IS the direct flight from Gatwick to Vegas that Virgin are charging ~£900 for, so you arrive in Vegas at the same time.

You can also try and check your baggage only to Gatwick on the way back so you dont have to take the last leg. Depends on your attendant at McCarran.

For a cheap bastard like me, I spent £35 on my flight out there from Liverpool, €12 on my hostel for one night, and used airmiles to fly back from London when I returned...so I would say <£100 total. Still saving shitloads.

All of this ^

It's even better if you're only going for a short trip, maybe a week or less. Me and my mate are going for 5 nights back end of January, starting in Gothenburg. Was £298 return, using BA on all legs. The additional cost is a one way to Gothenburg (£9.99, Ryanair) and a night in a cheap hotel (£35 for us both), so for that small outlay (which is saving us hundreds) we get to tick off a new city in Sweden, and with it being a flying visit we won't be taking a suitcase, so no luggage charges and means when we land back at Heathrow we can just roll out the airport and not bother with the last leg back to Sweden.

I also have a 50p Megabus back home to Yorkshire....good job us Yorkshire folk don't have a reputation for being as tight as a ducks arse.

Best Bitter.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: December 07, 2015, 06:04:39 PM »

Would have done it 5 years ago, but I gain nothing from a night in Dublin, other than the massive hassle of getting there, and in/out of the airports etc.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: December 08, 2015, 07:20:55 PM »

Encore coming up ~ £100/night with no resort fee to pay, looking at (non EDC) dates in June

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 231 232 [233] 234 235 236 237 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: