blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 961007 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: December 08, 2015, 07:42:59 PM »

Encore coming up ~ £100/night with no resort fee to pay, looking at (non EDC) dates in June

Which site is that on, Simon?

I'm already Rush Tower'd up myself, but I'm sure the parents would prefer that to the Nugget.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: December 08, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »

ahh yeah, omitted the useful bit...

lowcostusa

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: December 08, 2015, 08:57:16 PM »

ahh yeah, omitted the useful bit...

lowcostusa

Haha, cheers Smiley

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: December 08, 2015, 10:24:19 PM »

Is it though? How much is the direct flight?

How much are your return flights to Dublin with baggage?
Total added to your journey must be over 10 hours? Surely you value your personal time at at least £25 per hour!

These always look good, but I don't think i could ever bring myself to do it when you add everything up!

Doesnt help that I would probably spend an extra £25 on each of the 4 connecting flights, and the same in Dublin airport if I had time!

Depends.

I see it as a night in Dublin beforehand - therefore starting my holiday a day early.

The connecting flight IS the direct flight from Gatwick to Vegas that Virgin are charging ~£900 for, so you arrive in Vegas at the same time.

You can also try and check your baggage only to Gatwick on the way back so you dont have to take the last leg. Depends on your attendant at McCarran.

For a cheap bastard like me, I spent £35 on my flight out there from Liverpool, €12 on my hostel for one night, and used airmiles to fly back from London when I returned...so I would say <£100 total. Still saving shitloads.

Yeah that makes sense, didnt realise you could do it that cheap

I just looked how much it would cost me to get those flights

No EMA flight to Dublin early enough so got to fly the night before
Can either get there at 10pm and do nothing on the evening or get there at 8am and drink Guinness all day!

So

£35 flight EMA to Dublin
£10 refreshments
£20 taxi into dublin
£200 for a day of fun
£150 for a hotel
£20 taxi to airport
£20 Dublin airport
£10 plane refreshments
NORMAL FLIGHTS
£10 plane refreshments
£100 dublin airport for 6 hours
£42 flight from Dublin to EMA
£10 plane refreshments

So I'm in for £627!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: December 08, 2015, 10:35:47 PM »

Still cheaper and you get to have a day in Dublin - why say no?! Wink
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:22 PM »

Still cheaper and you get to have a day in Dublin - why say no?! Wink

Yeah okay you win!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: December 09, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »

Friend of mine has booked premium economy Thursday 23 rd June returning 5 th July £400 plus 75 k miles
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: December 09, 2015, 06:57:02 PM »

Friend of mine has booked premium economy Thursday 23 rd June returning 5 th July £400 plus 75 k miles

Might see him there then Wink

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: December 09, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »

This is pretty standard.  75k miles = free return in PE.  The £400 is for airport jizz.

Upper is soooooo much better than PE tho... if he can stretch to 100k miles (even if he needs to buy them)  it is a great deal.

The only snag is availability of flights is a LOT harder.....

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: December 09, 2015, 10:09:41 PM »

This is pretty standard.  75k miles = free return in PE.  The £400 is for airport jizz.

Upper is soooooo much better than PE tho... if he can stretch to 100k miles (even if he needs to buy them)  it is a great deal.

Yep. Upper is the absolute nuts.

Get off the plane at McCarron. Pick your immigration checker because you have the choice. Pick your suitcase off the carousel (it's the first one that comes out). Was at my hotel about 20 minutes after getting off the plane. Ridiculous.

If you can, do it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 10:17:47 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: December 09, 2015, 10:16:24 PM »

I'm hoping they release Upper for my flights on the air miles scheme but with an August flight it's not looking likely.  Did consider PE but there's three of us and the seats are only in two's or a four, we'd just like a three row so will stick with economy Cheesy   Will keep checking daily though.

First world problems...

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: December 09, 2015, 11:41:42 PM »

This is pretty standard.  75k miles = free return in PE.  The £400 is for airport jizz.

Upper is soooooo much better than PE tho... if he can stretch to 100k miles (even if he needs to buy them)  it is a great deal.

Spot on simon there are none at the moment - ivor my mate is on a list - previously tho he got upgraded from pe to upper to make seats available
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: December 10, 2015, 12:17:29 AM »

So..is PE better than E even if it's worse than U. Hope someone can help and this thread seems to be the place for that

sola virtus nobilitat
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: December 10, 2015, 12:24:10 AM »

So..is PE better than E even if it's worse than U. Hope someone can help and this thread seems to be the place for that

Yes definitely, you get better legroom and better treatment in PE.  I'd say it just gives you enough extra space to be able to nap comfortably.  You are more likely to get away from the rowdier people than in economy, though there is no guarantee.  I had pretty much my worst journey back from Vegas in PE when sat behind a couple of irritating none sleeping kids. 

I have done upper and PE.  If I had the 100k miles I'd definitely get upper, but I definitely wouldn't pay huge sums more for it.  Each time I have done it, it has been because upper was pretty much the same price as PE. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: December 10, 2015, 01:10:58 AM »

Yes definitely, you get better legroom and better treatment in PE.  I'd say it just gives you enough extra space to be able to nap comfortably.  You are more likely to get away from the rowdier people than in economy, though there is no guarantee.  I had pretty much my worst journey back from Vegas in PE when sat behind a couple of irritating none sleeping kids.  

I have done upper and PE.  If I had the 100k miles I'd definitely get upper, but I definitely wouldn't pay huge sums more for it.  Each time I have done it, it has been because upper was pretty much the same price as PE.  

Having a bed on the way back is good, too. Most people would happily go in the baggage hold on the way out if it means they land in Las Vegas. Comfort and convenience are big factors for me. I'd rather get on the plane and turn left.

PE is a good step up from E. You also get the better menu, if memory serves. The extra legroom does make a difference for sure.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:15:41 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: