blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:19:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952478 times)
iveysda

boba fett is scotlands billy bingo

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: June 11, 2013, 10:20:35 PM »

Anyone have any probs getting an ESTA OR VISA to go to Vegas with convictions on their record , or do most people not declare them and take a chance.
I have a couple of convictions from 11 years ago and wondered if this will hold me back.
Does anyone have any stories of "getting thru" the port authorities or just any advice on this.

Thanks.

you''ll never get out of this world alive
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1336 on: June 11, 2013, 10:23:50 PM »

Anyone have any probs getting an ESTA OR VISA to go to Vegas with convictions on their record , or do most people not declare them and take a chance.
I have a couple of convictions from 11 years ago and wondered if this will hold me back.
Does anyone have any stories of "getting thru" the port authorities or just any advice on this.

Thanks.

do the esta in advance so you know if you'll likely get in, think you can still fly even without it but then you'll be hauled in and have to wait ages/potentially just be sent straight back home.

honestly think it just depends what category the conviction fits into.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: June 11, 2013, 10:28:10 PM »

Thanks.

If you were ferrying coke for a mexican cartel I would just go to Butlins, but if it's nothing too dodgy you would be fine I would think.

As Titty said, I would apply for an esta and see how you get on. Simon will probably be able to offer a more informed answer though because I'm just guessing.

iveysda

boba fett is scotlands billy bingo

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: June 11, 2013, 10:43:53 PM »

Ha ha Marky... !!  Was told if you apply and declare ur conviction (possesion of class A drugs) it will be a fail and you then need to apply for a visa which takes forever and is very exspensive, bit of a dillemma on declare or not to declare.
Heard stories of people getting in as long as you've not served a prison sentence and maybe just paid a fine.
Just wondering if anyone has a story of this happening to a "friend" ??

you''ll never get out of this world alive
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1339 on: June 11, 2013, 10:49:14 PM »

Ha ha Marky... !!  Was told if you apply and declare ur conviction (possesion of class A drugs) it will be a fail and you then need to apply for a visa which takes forever and is very exspensive, bit of a dillemma on declare or not to declare.
Heard stories of people getting in as long as you've not served a prison sentence and maybe just paid a fine.

I would deffo just do it the proper way especially if you ever would maybe want to go to anywhere in the USA again. it's pretty much a case of if they say no you never get let in.  if you go and they catch you being sneaky then you could get shafted, though what your max liability is I wouldn't care to guess.

the forms are utterly ridic

have you ever chopped up a body and spread the pieces around a woodland so no one will find it.  yes [ ]   no [ ]

and it's like wait what really, does anyone ever put yes to these things

pretty sure they ask stuff like

are you carrying nuclear weapons for dem koreans  yes [ ]  no [ ]

the form is quite hilarious if you aren't a bad person.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: June 11, 2013, 10:53:56 PM »

A lad I know got knocked back because he had a possession charge from a few years back, but I'm not sure if he pursued it down the visa avenue.

I seem to remember someone telling me that they just said nothing when they went, and I think they might have gotten through without a tug. That said, it's not the kind of country you want to be messing around with, and I would sooner just follow the suggested route.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: June 11, 2013, 11:10:47 PM »

2 of my mates went to Canada on a st Lawrence river fishing trip ,they flew into America one  got in ok , the other had a Gbh from 15 years ago , and got sent back on the return plane , best to apply for an esta first
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: June 12, 2013, 12:46:21 AM »

Just be honest and go through the proper channels. American immigration is not something you want to be messing around with, it is like the Spanish inquistion every time I go and I have entered numerous times and have a spotless past.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: June 12, 2013, 01:01:40 AM »

If you ever play with a certain Carlo Citrone, (expect he'll be in Vegas this year) ask him his story about a cigarette and the US immigration dude in Vegas.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: June 12, 2013, 05:10:27 AM »

Hi in sorry for being that guy who asks the same question everybody else does.

But I want to book a hotel from 21 June to probably around  3rd July. Rio was saying 175/night surely that is too much?

Any helps or hints for where to stay the jarrahs site just rly expensive.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: June 12, 2013, 05:33:26 AM »

Oh ad perhaps 17th to 10th tyty

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: June 12, 2013, 07:49:52 AM »

Do you want to stay close to the rio or is being on the strip fine? You are going to pay a premium for the rio or palms because of the series.

If not places on the strip are probably less that the yearly average as it summer is off peak season n Vegas as it very warm here. Hotel comparison sites, smarter vegas codes etc is the way to go, you are going have to do a bit of leg work if you want a bargain.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: June 12, 2013, 08:02:36 AM »

yeh i dont mind where i stay really, somewhere decent. ill be at ventian a bunch anyway i guess.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: June 12, 2013, 08:21:11 AM »

cliffs on circus circus hotel haha?

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: June 12, 2013, 08:50:02 AM »

Need more to go on, otherwise it is grains of sand in the...errrrrr. Mojave Desert.

Budget? Decent, but not more than $2k?  Not more than $200/night??

Flexibility? 21 is slap bang in the middle of EDC so hotels are redic.  Ofc, if you want to be in town with  thousands 20-something girls off their tits on mdm with very little clothing, you might not mind the premium.  Or you might prefer to arrive on the 23rd and avoid all that...errr..... hassle.

Poker?  How much poker and where?  This will indicate if a poker rate is a solid option or not.

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: