blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 959997 times)
TopTen

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: January 03, 2014, 06:10:32 PM »

My passport is valid from march 05 to November 2016
I've been Vegas 2/3/4 times a year since 2005 flying mainly directly but indirectly I've flown via
Ohare Chicago
Fort Worth Dallas
La
San Fran
St. Paul's cinnicinatti
Never had a problem
I've been Miami 3 times Orlando 2/3 times also
The only problem I've had was admitting to taking more than 10 k$ in las year !my advice is if you have over that much to declare it and have bank withdrawal slips
I left in 2010 with 20k$ and returned a week later with it and got away with it

Issued before October 26, 2005       –The passport must have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page.
Issued on or after October 26, 2005 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must have a digital photo.
Issued on or after October 26, 2006 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport

You will have the Machine readable passport, therefore no issues travellng to USA.

From further research, it appears that some passports (why? who knows?) issued between October 2005 and October 2006 (MINE) were only MRP and not the digital photo ones that should have been issued.

Thanks for all the advice on Parking.
donttiltboy

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: January 05, 2014, 09:37:31 PM »

Can get 24th-3rd with Virgin and staying at Planet Hollywood for £660 a piece on Ebookers (same package is 690 on Expedia)

Flights alone are £570 with Virgin, so you're getting a week at PH for under £100pp.

You do have the resort fee to pay when you're there ($140), but I think you can ask for this to be taken off if you don't want to use internet etc.

I wanna book this, but my mate im going with cant confirm till the 10th whether he can get it off work or not, is the price likely to change much if we wait? Im going either way so just a bit worried about leaving it for a week, cheers.

I've just checked the price and it has gone down to £653pp for the same dates @ PHo, so that's a total of £1306 (With ~£100 to be paid in resort fees)

If you book it for yourself it comes out at £780 total.

The flights direct with Virgin are £570 on those dates, so you're effectively getting the room for £210 for the week.

Simplest thing would be to book your flight and hotel now for £780 and then you're sorted.

Normally you're looking at not much under £800 to get out to Vegas, so you're effectively getting to stay at a nice hotel for free!

It would only cost him about £150 more on top of what he would pay to share with you, so I would probably suggest that he booked his own package @ £780 if he comes out.

If you prefer to share, he can just book his flight direct with Virgin @ £570 and pay you the £105 + resort fees to share with you.

All booked. Mates said he cant make it ffs! o well, nice week of poker it is..
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 09:39:30 PM by donttiltboy » Logged
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: January 05, 2014, 10:01:04 PM »

Vegas is fine as a solo holiday if you are a poker player, in fact it might be the nut solo holiday.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: January 09, 2014, 08:35:23 AM »

Vegas is fine as a solo holiday if you are a poker player, in fact it might be the nut solo holiday.

+1.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: January 09, 2014, 08:42:15 AM »

Could not agree more.

When we do Vegas, for poker, it is the one time each year when we do what we want, where & when we want, pure hedonism.

I like to be a completely free agent in Vegas, unencumbered by what others may prefer to do.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: January 09, 2014, 12:02:13 PM »

Virgin currently have their January Sale on, probably because it is January.

I received an e-Mail which was headlined......

Save up to 7% and get 1 mile for every £1 you spend

If anyone is interested, ask Marky or Simon Galloway, & they'll explain how best to exploit that deal.

Pretty sure Simon can help optimise Virgin Flying Club Miles, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: January 09, 2014, 12:29:51 PM »

Think that one is unexploitable... it is for Virgin Holidays, but if anyone looks into it and finds an angle... pls post

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: January 09, 2014, 12:36:21 PM »

As Simon posted above.
Personally find virgin holidays expensive, 3rd party sites always much cheaper
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: January 09, 2014, 12:56:35 PM »

Think that one is unexploitable... it is for Virgin Holidays, but if anyone looks into it and finds an angle... pls post

Always knew Branson was a tosser.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: January 09, 2014, 01:07:30 PM »

I tried the solo holiday in 2012, but it didn't quite work out...

I had booked myself 2 weeks at the Nugget for poker, then followed by a week at the Palazzo for dinners etc.

Ended up being about 1/2 a dozen other lads booking to stay at the Nugget around the same time as me, and the trip was like a sequel to the Hangover!

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: January 09, 2014, 02:50:16 PM »

I tried the solo holiday in 2012, but it didn't quite work out...

I had booked myself 2 weeks at the Nugget for poker, then followed by a week at the Palazzo for dinners etc.

Ended up being about 1/2 a dozen other lads booking to stay at the Nugget around the same time as me, and the trip was like a sequel to the Hangover!

Lol, awesome!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: January 09, 2014, 03:16:25 PM »

If you want go on the piss, chase girls as well as play poker I would put a few places well ahead of Vegas especially if they have a poker festival on and you are a youngish guy in ok nick below 40.

But if you just want poker then yes vegas it is.

In no particular order..

Cebu Philippines
Manila Philippines
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

There are other places too I have not been to...

http://www.theasianpokertour.com/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:27:24 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: January 09, 2014, 10:51:18 PM »

Considering Vegas for the significant others 30th in November this year.  I can get flights for £573 - Direct from LGW is that likely to be the best price?

I haven't looked at accommodation yet, I would probably prefer somewhere decent on the strip.  Not too expensive but nice.  Any suggestions?

Are there any arguements for booking everything through one company if so who? 

Sorry for the questions but 115 pages is too  much to wade through.   
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: January 09, 2014, 11:14:53 PM »

Considering Vegas for the significant others 30th in November this year.  I can get flights for £573 - Direct from LGW is that likely to be the best price?

I haven't looked at accommodation yet, I would probably prefer somewhere decent on the strip.  Not too expensive but nice.  Any suggestions?

Are there any arguements for booking everything through one company if so who? 

Sorry for the questions but 115 pages is too  much to wade through.   

Most likely.

Wouldn't we all.

There are, but that's all dependent on your activities once there, and flexibility.

Seems the first post was too much, too Wink

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: January 09, 2014, 11:18:31 PM »

Yes I'd snap that flight up now.

I like Mirage.  Great location and mid range with decent rooms.  Been to TI and thats ok too and another good location.  People I know have said that Harrahs is fine.

So many choices and as long as you don't book a motel off strip you'll be fine.

lowcostusa is a pretty good site but just shop thru all the usual places when ready to book and you might be able to save a few quid.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: