blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:01:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957302 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: June 12, 2018, 07:26:28 PM »

Exactly, start the turbo at 7pm, out by 8.30, back to room, white trousers on, make The Axis by 9pm. Perfect.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: June 13, 2018, 10:24:15 AM »

£289 return to Vegas in Nov, indirect flights.
Magic817

View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: June 17, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »

Couple of ITIN questions
Am I correct that you can get ITIN number sorted at the Rio still? Is it winnings over $5k that you need it for? What information do you need to get ITIN? I think I had one from a few years back, is it 5year expiry on them?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 02:46:05 PM by Magic817 » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: June 18, 2018, 02:53:42 AM »

Yeah, Rio still do them if you cash there.

Still seems most cardrooms are issuing them, despite it being said they aren't able to.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: June 19, 2018, 11:50:13 PM »

The Rio were checking that I had an ITIN yesterday.  I forgot to ask, but they had all the forms ready so I think they are still helping you if needed.

I have decided to duck the Nugget this year.  I am still pretty salty about the amount of time and cost with back claiming the tax.   Will never tip them again if I play there next year.

On the Wynn.  I love the Wynn, and it is always the first place I look.   Rhis year they have introduced a charge for better internet.  So the normal internet appears to be throttled back, and is now unreliable.  This means whatsapp video calls back home are hopeless at times.  It hangs, it cuts off, you can't follow half the words etc.  This is bloody awful when they already charge $35 (could be more) a day resort fee.   This fee is effectively just for internet.   So if you are planning on staying here, factor in a $50 a day resort fee, or assume you aren't watching films, whatsapp, playing games etc.

The poker room is lovely now, but I late regged today and there is an hour long alternates list on a midweek tournament.   Reg early!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: June 20, 2018, 01:44:12 AM »

the $500 Wynn daily has 589 entries and a 55k top prize.   paying 62 places and 1.2k for 62nd.   Not sure why people would choose to play a hold'em MTT at the Venetian parking garage over this.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: June 20, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »

Great info Doobs thanks very much.

Can’t believe I’m at the airport on my way to Vegas, even 5hough the package I won was for two I’m travelling on my own so would be great to meet a few blondes while in Vegas. Obvs will get to know the Sky lot as well but gonna take this opportunity without the wife and kids to get in some serious poker playing. Seems so unreal.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: June 20, 2018, 07:07:29 AM »

Can’t believe I’m at the airport on my way to Vegas, even 5hough the package I won was for two I’m travelling on my own so would be great to meet a few blondes while in Vegas. Obvs will get to know the Sky lot as well but gonna take this opportunity without the wife and kids to get in some serious poker playing. Seems so unreal.
r

Safe trip Ommy.

Am away from Vegas from 4am Wednesday until midnight Thursday, but should bump into you at the welcome drinks thing on friday evening, or at the SPT on Sunday. If I can help with anything, drop me a PM.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: June 20, 2018, 07:58:14 AM »

Anything you aren't sure of, someone ITT will know the answer.

Have a fabulous time and good luck.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: June 20, 2018, 08:38:10 AM »

Good luck Scotty. Enjoy!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: June 20, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »

Good luck.

More on the Wynn daily.   I went out just before dinner (6.30 and 6 hours in) when blinds were 1000/2000 and button ante is 2000.   Shorties are under severe pressure then.   

Prize money is bigger than the Rio deepstacks.  They both get a bit crapshooty 6 hours in.   The standard wasn't very high at the Wynn, DTD deepstack is probably a higher standard.   Play was quick at my table with only one player dicking round preflop.   He wasn't averse to a slowroll or an angle shoot either, but thats poker.  Everyone else was pretty chatty.

FWIW Wynn resort fees are $39+tax, so you pretty much have to budget $50 a day anyway without getting fast internet.   

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: June 21, 2018, 12:08:41 AM »

Landed and just got to room in the hotel, staying at MGM for 1 night before I move over to The Palazzo. Like a kid at xmas, gonna get all the boring stuff out of the way for the next few hours. No doubt I’ll be asking a few questions.
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: June 21, 2018, 01:30:02 AM »

We are currently at the Wynn for 3 nights as a treat
Yup it’s pricey but our WiFi’s fine
Mind you we did upgrade to a tower suite
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: June 21, 2018, 01:39:15 AM »

Visited Vegas since 2004 quite a few times
A tower suite at the Wynn is the nicest room I’ve ever had by a long long way not had the bill yet !
Sadly everything else is pricey too  a cherry coke n strawberry daiquiri by the private pool $25
Gin n tonic at the bar inside $14
Lasagna for the Mrs meatballs n pasta for me plus a bottle of pelegrigno $75 in allegro
The smile on my Mrss face was worth it though !

Lovely clean n tidy poker room too with  no smelly tramps playing either like downtown

Next best was a corner suite at the nugget supposedly $1 k a night offered as an upgrade for $50 3 years ago

Back to the delights of downtown tomorrow 😭😭😭
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: June 21, 2018, 08:15:48 AM »

Landed and just got to room in the hotel, staying at MGM for 1 night before I move over to The Palazzo. Like a kid at xmas, gonna get all the boring stuff out of the way for the next few hours. No doubt I’ll be asking a few questions.

Palazzo is the nuts. Try for an end-of-corridor room.

Grand Lux so so good too. Ginger beef incred.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 318 319 [320] 321 322 323 324 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: