blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:18:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952369 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5880 on: May 11, 2022, 08:59:36 AM »

I've managed to snag a free Maverick helicopter night flight over the Strip worth about £100 thanks to the MyVegas apps so have an extra bonus to look forward to for my trip next week! Cheesy

I've got the Grand Canyon one in mine for 5 million LPs, but don't really fancy hours in a helicopter to see a hole in the ground Cheesy

I’ve done it
It’s an hour over the same ground- look out of the plane as you approach for the same opinion - to a hole in the ground cheap fizz n crappy wraps is the picnic 🧺
We did it in January the pilot said due to turbulence in warmer months the helicopter floor can be awash with vomit 🤮
Best one is the flight along the strip in the evening imo  🚁
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5881 on: May 11, 2022, 02:12:17 PM »

I've managed to snag a free Maverick helicopter night flight over the Strip worth about £100 thanks to the MyVegas apps so have an extra bonus to look forward to for my trip next week! Cheesy

I've got the Grand Canyon one in mine for 5 million LPs, but don't really fancy hours in a helicopter to see a hole in the ground Cheesy

I’ve done it
It’s an hour over the same ground- look out of the plane as you approach for the same opinion - to a hole in the ground cheap fizz n crappy wraps is the picnic 🧺
We did it in January the pilot said due to turbulence in warmer months the helicopter floor can be awash with vomit 🤮

As I really enjoyed the GC one I hope you're right Smiley

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: May 12, 2022, 03:24:30 PM »

I’ve done it

I might do the flight along the strip one night, as my friend has been on about it for the last few years, and we've never got around to doing it.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5883 on: May 13, 2022, 08:47:25 AM »

I’ve done it

I might do the flight along the strip one night, as my friend has been on about it for the last few years, and we've never got around to doing it.

It felt like being in csi vegas or the fbi
I enjoyed both but GC Was a bit boring
Still better than going there on a push bike 🚴
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5884 on: May 13, 2022, 09:24:31 AM »

I'd love to spend a few years touring small town America on a push bike.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5885 on: May 13, 2022, 09:25:53 AM »

Or better still on a small capacity motorcycle.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5886 on: May 13, 2022, 09:26:29 AM »

Or in a camper van.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5887 on: May 13, 2022, 09:26:53 AM »

Sorry. As you were.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: May 13, 2022, 08:10:27 PM »

Tom going for that 50k Grin

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5889 on: May 16, 2022, 12:50:39 PM »

Really not sure how it works now - everything changing it seems.  Gratz on the honeymoon tho! 

How long is the wait nowadays on customer service?  Was 90 mins last time I called, but they were very accomdating and did their best to give me what I was asking for, or at least counter with workable alternatives.

I've got Upper reward booked for June and hopefully I don't need any changes now - I'm just doing my best to keep the booking in the system and not end up with a points refund.

It was awful last week. 3hr waits on customer services.  I gave up, am tempted to just pay and try and reclaim the difference (had 2 reward flights booked for me and my daughter 2 years ago from elsewhere).   If not, still got a year to use the flights I think.

Update on this.  I rang up first thing on Friday and got it all sorted in 40 minutes.   This included cancelling two vouchers from 2020 flights and getting refunds of points/cash, and booking new flights.  I was going to ring the day before, but it said 2 hour wait, so I tried first thing instead.  My first call was answered in maybe 2 minutes on the morning (hurrah), but needed transferring (boo).  Wasn't too bad on speaker phone, though music quality was dire.

I still didn't find any reward flights on my days.  There were reward flights available in economy on Saturday 2 July, and various other dates round when I went out (think Monday to Wednesday).   I couldn't use them as my dates are pretty fixed due to clashes outside poker.

Booked the Wynn as 25/26 June is expensive everywhere on strip (£200+ Treasure Island, just less than £200 for the Rio, even Circus Circus was ~ £150 a night!).   You can get 25% off the $500 weekend price if you sign up for rewards or 30% if you do no cancellation.  I did 25% as still have enough dollars, so am likely not much worse off as credit card will suffer exchange rate and fees.  Assuming I don't end up multi rebuying anyway!

Poker feeling good.  Up gor the year.  Just missed the FT of the mixed PLO/NLH not quite SCOOP event, which I was very pleased about as have barely played PLO for a couple of years outside 8 game.  Won the $27 nightly 8 game the other day, which has been a money drain for those 2 years.  Am still in day 2 of the $100 SCOOP PLO8 tonight, but short.  Whatever happens, it was good practice at slow PLO8, rather than the usual hyper knockouts. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5890 on: May 16, 2022, 12:57:46 PM »

Meant to add.  Economy is just less than £1K which is about the same as BA if direct.  I paid an extra ~ £100 for Economy delight as I like the leg room.  Premium economy was £1,500+ return throughout June. These prices haven't changed much for weeks, guess I'll upgrade to Premium if I can see any rewards upgrades.  Think the days of £1,100 Upper flights have long gone, as all those are about £5K return now. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5891 on: May 16, 2022, 02:50:30 PM »

Meant to add.  Economy is just less than £1K which is about the same as BA if direct.  I paid an extra ~ £100 for Economy delight as I like the leg room.  Premium economy was £1,500+ return throughout June. These prices haven't changed much for weeks, guess I'll upgrade to Premium if I can see any rewards upgrades.  Think the days of £1,100 Upper flights have long gone, as all those are about £5K return now. 

I think I'm going to burn my comps out this trip, and then go back to use my downtown ones in '23, maybe.

My love affair with Vegas might be coming to an end. For 4-6 week trips, at least Cheesy

What are your dates, Doobs? I tried working it out from the posts, but I'm guessing 25th-2nd?

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5892 on: May 16, 2022, 04:02:55 PM »

I think I'm going to burn my comps out this trip, and then go back to use my downtown ones in '23, maybe.

My love affair with Vegas might be coming to an end. For 4-6 week trips, at least Cheesy

What are your dates, Doobs? I tried working it out from the posts, but I'm guessing 25th-2nd?

Close.  Arriving on the 24th, leaving on the 1st.   So only 6 days really.

Can't see me coming back much, though got a load of points on the Virgin card for next year.   Am pretty appalled by some of the hotel prices, so maybe will try something different next time, like getting out of town at the weekend (though can't imagine National Parks are cheap either).   Also the Wynn makes you pay $50 extra for a floor away from the noise, and another $50 resort fee +tax, and if I wasn't looking forward to this so much, that could make me grumpy too.   If I hadn't missed two two years, I might have canned this one.   Am basically paying double what I did last time, after downgrading the flight.  Going to have to book earlier next year.

FWIW Encore was about $50 cheaper than the Wynn proper this time, so am there.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5893 on: May 16, 2022, 05:40:26 PM »

Close.  Arriving on the 24th, leaving on the 1st.   So only 6 days really.

Can't see me coming back much, though got a load of points on the Virgin card for next year.   Am pretty appalled by some of the hotel prices, so maybe will try something different next time, like getting out of town at the weekend (though can't imagine National Parks are cheap either).   Also the Wynn makes you pay $50 extra for a floor away from the noise, and another $50 resort fee +tax, and if I wasn't looking forward to this so much, that could make me grumpy too.   If I hadn't missed two two years, I might have canned this one.   Am basically paying double what I did last time, after downgrading the flight.  Going to have to book earlier next year.

FWIW Encore was about $50 cheaper than the Wynn proper this time, so am there.

Crossbar, like most of my summer probably... I'm there while you are as well. I've got a comp 26-29th, and will tag 2 days on the front or back, depending on what I'm doing. I have some slots points I can pay £100 to use which will cover those, so it's 5 nights for £100.

Prices are up everywhere, so the 2020 offers and prices are gone for a good few years, I think. I'm paying less than last time, but my offers have gone down without a stay, and I'll likely only have downtown ones left after the summer.

See Kenny Loggins is there that weekend, which is probably why the prices are so high Grin

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5894 on: May 19, 2022, 09:16:06 AM »

Best place to look for show tickets please ?
Vegas.com ?
We are hoping to stay till July 10 th from May 29 th
Mainly at southpoint
But thinking about a mid week night or two at plaza and downtown grand
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 391 392 [393] 394 395 396 397 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: