blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 479056 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 02, 2012, 01:05:04 AM »

GL with your new venture with BITB starting today mate!!!
<3 BITB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've officially started the staking by booking a +$ session! - winnnnar!

Today we downloaded the WPT software, sorted our Poker strategy account (for the bonuses) and then sent the money across!
Load up the tables and get going, I'm not sure about table selection at 25nl.. I expect to be able to beat all the regs fairly quickly so I'm not sure I should bother too much with table selection?? wwud?

We're playing 4 tables at a time and once we took 30mins to sort out all the settings we dont like - the bings, bongs, bleeps and 'congratulations you won a hand' rubbish we then could actually play a hand.

First hand we've accidentally posted utg and we're dealt the mighty  two spades.... well we're not losing our first staked hand! so lets put a raise in then... flop is 566 and we cr for the win! Tongue                                                                                                                                                 (any excuse)
(pleno asked me 5 mins later how it was going and i think he both loved and loathed this hand!)

WPT Cash Grind

Hands - 1096
Net won - $20.08
VPIP - 27.3                 (bit loose but not too bad)
PFR - 22.0                  (about right for that VPIP)
3bt - 6.5%                 (probably want it a little higher, a lot of people fold or call too much so having a wider range for both is good)
WTSD% - 33.7           (little high..)
W$SD% - 44.8           (not too bad, little higher would be nice... however I do vbet pretty thin compared to other regs, and I bluff moooar!)
Agg - 1.3

We should have won around $90-110 I think.  There were a couple of genuine 'coolers' - top 2p twice on flushing boards vs flush obv. sigh.
But the majority of our 'not won enough' was actually due to a couple of hero calls and two badly timed and run out bluffs.  Not entirely sure why this happened, I think the hero calls were because people are more aggy on this site than 10nl on stars and I attributed that to them being 'better'..... turns out not the case
[X] 1x K high calldown on  three clubs - b, b, shove...  talktothehand
[X] 1x AQ high calldown on    three clubs - b, b, shove...
[X] 1x AK win vs 10's on J high board....  -  - Wiiiiiiiiiiiii!   

DTD Satellites
DTD500 mini sat
We played two of these
- 3rd with two prizes when we shoved K9 into A5 CL who called it off instead of blind off the shortie... sigh! we flop a 9 and he rivers his A. boooo!
- Won it when we genuinely ran really well in the mid-late stages and just had lots of hands... shoving all of them and people were calling off dominated a lot. Cheesy

DTD500 Sat
- played uber solid and as usual people don't notice.
- played 4 hands - 
- no action on the AA's
- lost to smashedagain's  ....  high flop.
- lost to aipf, needed a flip... nvm (turns out that despite having a VPIP of 5% - people can't limp fold a pair vs me! lolz...

Really looking forward to my next session, felt like I played quite comfortable for my first time staked.  Didn't feel different, but I must admit the idea of posting on here and explaining to Pleno why we called with K high for stacks was a little embarassin...

Figured his little jordie brain might actually kablamooo!   

Really want to take tomorrow 'off' work and just sleep until its time to grind!  And definitely getting a new PC! soooooon!

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2012, 01:36:45 AM »

Good work on the blog Jhon but pls stop using the thrid party when your talking about your self it's tilting me m8

Anyway keep up the good work

Ady

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 02, 2012, 02:11:22 AM »

Lol fml. The games up.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 02, 2012, 02:14:55 AM »

So In my first attempt to make this more than just poker, and potentially bring in the more 'mature' crowd... here are a couple of interesting pictures from my previous travels around the world....

Name these places/ attractions if you please?!

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 02, 2012, 02:21:54 AM »

I'm guessing the 4th one is in a long tunel somewere

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 02, 2012, 08:41:44 AM »

Do you mean the 5th?
Im not sure that counts as a guess..... Tongue

There are prizes!

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 02, 2012, 10:27:16 AM »

Good start mate, love how enthusiastic you are and you a bundle of new energy, sorry if at the moment it seems like I cba, I'm just genuinely ridicuously busy. Parents leave on 10th and will be free from then on will have more spare time.

Regarding the AQ/K high calls, they are obviously atrocious, you just don't need to be getting into these kind of situations mate. You are obviously a very good player fundamentally but have a little bit of an ego problem, I have exactly the same problem though mate so hopefully can help you out from past experience.

What you need to work on is value betting, betting thinly, when to take different bet sizings and when to take different lines, i.e when to bet, bet, check, when to bet, check, bet and when to, check check bet. I will hopefully be able to help you out with this but playing strictly 4 tables initially will help you out ALOT because you will be focusing on the tables and constantly asking yourself WHY am I betting, WHY am I betting this much, WHAT will I do on X, Y and Z turn etc.

Anyway enjoy DTD bro.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »

Will be back playings for BITB too as of next week, so im sure we'll get alot more aquainted in the.stable! Will start reading this alot more for sure
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 02, 2012, 06:07:15 PM »

I'm trying to think if i've ever actually seen Alex Martin sober...

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 02, 2012, 06:57:41 PM »

Nobody wants to guess at any of the pictuers?Huh?? not even guess?

WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 02, 2012, 08:42:25 PM »

Afghanistan
Zambia or Gambia
Port Elizabeth SA
Peru
Inside Picture 4
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 02, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »

Table selection a definite yes IMO - lot of tables have 5/6 regs on and are beatable, but tighter.

I would start with trying to get on highest % players to flop.
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2012, 12:40:03 AM »

Table selection a definite yes IMO - lot of tables have 5/6 regs on and are beatable, but tighter.

I would start with trying to get on highest % players to flop.

But the whole point is i'm going to be playing the regs on multiple tables a lot, so I don't mind beating up on them.  And taking unconventional lines and showing up with bluffs/ strangely played hands I should be able to get some $$ off them by getting some action! (hopefully)

Would anyone else really table select at this level?  What kind of things would you look for?

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2012, 12:42:24 AM »

Afghanistan
Zambia or Gambia
Port Elizabeth SA
Peru
Inside Picture 4

One of these is correct.

I won't say which till we have a few good guesses.

I expect you all to be able to guess 3 of them, two will be pretty hard.  One is even very near to a 'blonde'!

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2012, 01:10:06 AM »

WPT 6max Cash Grind
So, we played our second session today, winning again.. however we were a little up n down.. I need to have a look at it as we only won the same as yesteday $20.  But we did attempt a couple of big bluffs in 'nice' spots I think and ran into the nuts - [ ] went well.

Even had a little hand heater which was fun but frustrating when you're getting QQ or AA every other hand and getting no action... 2 4bt's in 2 consecutive hands and no one plays back at us, or a few hands later when we 3bt AA's!!!!!!!!!!  ARGH!

One of the biggest things I've noticed is that pairs are so hard to get paid on oop!  Really, really hard! unless you just super cooler someone - all that BS about 'implied odds' is so villain dependant!

WPT Cash Grind
Hands - 1632
Net won - $19.01
VPIP - 26.6                 
PFR - 21.3                 
3bt - 7.8%                 (actively tried to get it higher today..)
WTSD% -    27.7        (purrrrfect)
W$SD% - 58.0           (coupled with my NSD winnings and bluff potential this is banging! Just need those $50 from the bluffs back pls..Huh?)
Agg - 1.77

DTD500 Satellite Grind

DTD500 mini sat

played two..
- can't remember, pretty standard i think.. got 4bb's in with K9 or something
- similar.. think I went out dominated when I had <10bb's.

DTD500 Mega Sat
Ran pretty dead for a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG time.. but as usual the blinds and antes are so small it doesnt matter!

- As usual we play like 3 hands for 4 hours then shove expecting someone to fold... As usual they can't despite not realising their hand is pretty shocking.
- Shoved J10o on the button over a MP 2.5x raise for something like 13bb's.
- Got called by AJo pretty quickly, wp sir! fkin ridiculous.... whatever.....  two spades     OH HELLO DERE!    .....brick ......brick
- then play snug again making a few standard shoves with AQ or AK or 66 etc...
- then shove  on btn with 15bb's into two shortstacks with like 18 left..... - do they know they should be folding like 95%+ here...?
- snaps with  ..... wp sir.... nh.... ur a geeeeeniass!         JUSTICE!!!!! Take ur sob story elsewhere please sir.  .... brick    ...... brick

[X] Now properly in it and basically a seat is mine to lose
[X] 2x AKs 1x 66 and 1x AQo in one orbit! - Super heater announced!  (open shove every one and 'they' fold every time - how do they know??)

We get right down to the 11th bubble and im determined to not bubble this one.. literally telling Charlene I'm going to the toilet and to 'fold' me every hand..

Come back and we have 3x 1bb stacks on the two tables... WTF are they doing?

And see the best thing I've ever seen in a satellite competition unfold, see if you can follow this?? -
  (might not be exact speach but dammed close)
There is somehow the shortstack on our table (Donsirelli) to a flop with Robhino123 despite Don having 4867 left and the pot having 10k+ (limp, check pre i think)

Flop

Rob says 'haha' and 'I've got Q9, I'll show you.... then bets 4k
Don says 'serious?' ..... takes ages and calls. (leaving 867 beind into a 20k pot)

Turn

Don checks
Rob says something... and then checks

River
  or similar... either way Q9 is still Q high....

Don checks...
Rob takes his whole clock and some timebank - then bts 4k.
Don takes his whole timebank and eventually calls.

With the mighty mighty  .

Rob shows down  and Don gets a super double up from 1bb to like 6bb's and now BOTH tables go mental with 'collusion' and 'cheating' allogations all over the shop.

I'm busy choking on my own laughter as the other two shorties on the other table double.... Eventually we lose one and we're home. 

No one seemed happy.

Right, So I'm off out to try and find a place open to go for a drink at this time in MK before getting to bed for tomorrows comp!  See you all at DTD! Blonde's do a W!

peace out x

PS. disappointed in Tkay, RD and the other 'uber blondes' with the lack of cultured discussion today!  Post moarrrrr pls..

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: