blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 08:17:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6702 6703 6704 6705 [6706] 6707 6708 6709 6710 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13574747 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100575 on: May 05, 2015, 11:39:42 AM »

The first final poll :

Populus has it level pegging

Con 34 (+1), Lab 34 (+1), Ukip 13 (-2), Lib Dems 10+1

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100576 on: May 05, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »

Morning Tighty.

I take it that you posted the 365 Juventus/ Madrid offer as we are still able to get some on. With our coffers bulging with Chompy cash I really think we should do something on this match as they are great offers.

So to start the ball rolling I would be inclined to go for Juventus and the draw in the hope of getting £50 profit. But happy to be persuaded otherwise. We just need to back something.

i posted it more as a public service

yes, we can usually get the majority of the £50 on though in the 1-2-X market but not in anything more exciting

as to coffers bulging, there are about £400 of stale Premier league losses to take on 24th May (with hopefully a few winners too), so the figures currently flatter us

We really could do with Arsenal getting 2nd, that would help enormously.  

In Wenger we trust. *

* T & C's apply.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100577 on: May 05, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »

But if Mr Wenger was able to buy one player for £50m and get given another one to the same value free of charge then  I think even he would be like Ms Viv Nicholson.

Maybe, but Mr Wenger likes to shop around for a bargain.

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #100578 on: May 05, 2015, 11:57:35 AM »

Joking aside, how good are we running of late?

Is it logical to assume that variance will kick in soon, & we'll have to endure a bit of a downswing?

I flipped a coin 3 times in a row and was blessed to see the Queens head staring back at me 3 times. Logically won't the fourth be a tails?

That's the best thing about heaters, they might never end.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #100579 on: May 05, 2015, 12:02:56 PM »

Arsenal to win Premiership next season 13-2 with a few firms.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-season-winner

Shorter on betfair and if Wenger can change the habit of a lifetime and buy 2-3 quality
players without worrying about the cost then they are the team to challenge Chelsea.

My guess is they will start around 4-1 9-2 on opening day of season and so you could
trade your position.

Suggest £100 on Arsenal at 13-2 .
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #100580 on: May 05, 2015, 12:09:14 PM »

Shorter on betfair and if Wenger can change the habit of a lifetime and buy 2-3 quality
players without worrying about the cost then they are the team to challenge Chelsea.

My guess is they will start around 4-1 9-2 on opening day of season and so you could
trade your position.

Woah there!!!!!

So, whilst I agreed if we buy 2/3 players we are in a great position, Wenger has been in charge for what, 20 years? During that time has he ever bought 2/3 top shelf players?

In which case from a value perspective should we not be looking for around 20-1 that he does break the habit of his tenure?!!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100581 on: May 05, 2015, 12:26:45 PM »

trade your position.

Morning Jim.

Is this primarily designed as a trade?

As a matter of curiosity, how would you & others see the top 4 prices to win in the EPL Market for 2015/16? In effect, a 4 horse race, I'm assuming?

Presumably, Chelsea, Man U, Man C, & Arsenal would be the only 4 relevant ones.

Be interesting to see how our regulars would price that up.

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #100582 on: May 05, 2015, 12:55:30 PM »

trade your position.

Woah there!!!!!

So, whilst I agreed if we buy 2/3 players we are in a great position, Wenger has been in charge for what, 20 years? During that time has he ever bought 2/3 top shelf players?

In which case from a value perspective should we not be looking for around 20-1 that he does break the habit of his tenure?!!!

Wenger knows he hasn't got many chances left to secure a Premiership title. Next year he just has to go for it.

To me the prices are wrong. Arsenal are better than City and United so I would have them shorter.

Obviously Chelsea are a tough nut to crack but at 13-2 there is value in that price , to me anyway.

Chelsea 5-4/11-8 , Arsenal 7-2/4-1 , City 4-1/9-2 , United 11-2/6-1. Just can't see United being in the shake up.

In all areas of the pitch they are struggling ( except goalkeeper ). Yeah they may go and splash the cash but they
look so disjointed especially at the back.

A top class goalie , another centre half and possibly another centre forward and Wenger has his team.

He consistently finds gems he just needs a couple more  Wink , and I have faith over the summer that he will.

I am certain Arsenal will start the season shorter than 13-2.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #100583 on: May 05, 2015, 12:59:21 PM »

Begovic is 1.01 to be leaving stoke in the summer and he must be right at the top of arsenal's shopping list (cech might be considered too old to invest in for Arsenal).  I have already backed Arsenal at 8/1 for next season and pretty much agree with his analysis.  There is no way they go off bigger than 13/2 next season but highly likely to be a lot shorter.
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #100584 on: May 05, 2015, 01:03:47 PM »

trade your position.

Morning Jim.

Is this primarily designed as a trade?

As a matter of curiosity, how would you & others see the top 4 prices to win in the EPL Market for 2015/16? In effect, a 4 horse race, I'm assuming?

Presumably, Chelsea, Man U, Man C, & Arsenal would be the only 4 relevant ones.

Be interesting to see how our regulars would price that up.

Could be a trade , depends obviously if Wenger goes into hiding over the summer and goes on his jollies.

Just don't see much of a downside in this bet concerning the price. If the consensus on here at the start
of the season is that he hasn't bought sufficient quality then you could , in my opinion , bail out with a small
profit and lay them back if my thought process is correct that Arsenal will start shorter than 13-2.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100585 on: May 05, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »

James Harris takes 9-34 in Middlesex's 187-run win over Durham

Durham 2nd innings (target: 259 runs)
MD Ston'n c Voges       b Harris 
KK Jenn's c sub         b Harris     
SG Bort'k c Voges       b Harris     
MJ Rich'n               b Harris     
CS MacL'd lbw           b Harris   
PD Coll'*               b Harris     
P Musta'† c Franklin    b Harris     
U Arshad  c Robson      b Finn       
JW Hast's lbw           b Harris     
P Cough'n not out                   
C Rushw'h c †Simpson    b Harris   
                        Extras        2
Total     (all out; 24.1ovs)         71

Middlesex have, for now, gone top of the table

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/county-championship-division-one/table

My eyes are open wide
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #100586 on: May 05, 2015, 01:22:36 PM »

If we're looking to back Arsenal as a trade, there's no point tiddle-arsing around with a hundo. This would be a spot to break the TfT wage structure and flick in a monkey, or at least the max £300.

The only problem would be having to tie up a couple of pillowcases in Betty or Daq for the lay back in the summer.

Re: recent profits, lock'em down!

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #100587 on: May 05, 2015, 01:27:31 PM »

If we're looking to back Arsenal as a trade, there's no point tiddle-arsing around with a hundo. This would be a spot to break the TfT wage structure and flick in a monkey, or at least the max £300.

The only problem would be having to tie up a couple of pillowcases in Betty or Daq for the lay back in the summer.

Re: recent profits, lock'em down!

I did want to put £300 but knew Tikay was watching  Grin
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #100588 on: May 05, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »

What is fred's current roll for max bet purposes?  I assume it is between £5k and £7k usually for my bets.  No idea if this is accurate. I know we count outstanding bets still to be settled as their stake value rather than their current ev value of the bet.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #100589 on: May 05, 2015, 01:49:17 PM »

What is fred's current roll for max bet purposes?  I assume it is between £5k and £7k usually for my bets.  No idea if this is accurate. I know we count outstanding bets still to be settled as their stake value rather than their current ev value of the bet.

those figures are about right

personally i won't do any £450 to win £50 or £300 to lay back type bets requiring lumps on betfair because the working capital in the accounts is far less than the notional fund size, and we need to still operate comfortably without constant redeposits/withdrawals etc

we are shortly to have the "bankroll" away in vegas too, and not easy to top up etc....so i am trying to maintain account balances (and choosing where to place bets if prices are the same) accodingly, depending on where our profits and losses arise

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 6702 6703 6704 6705 [6706] 6707 6708 6709 6710 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: