blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272616 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7089 7090 7091 7092 [7093] 7094 7095 7096 7097 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13439876 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #106380 on: September 01, 2015, 08:54:20 PM »

Hope we didn't get on Baxsinszky - think she lost 10 game games in a row.  Pretty disgraceful from a 14th seed!

Wozniak won and Garcia is leading.  Hopefully someone put us off Safarova  Sad

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #106381 on: September 02, 2015, 01:18:00 AM »

I wonder if Kyrgios is going to tell us who's been banging Murray's wife.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #106382 on: September 02, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »

Hope we didn't get on Baxsinszky - think she lost 10 game games in a row.  Pretty disgraceful from a 14th seed!

Wozniak won and Garcia is leading.  Hopefully someone put us off Safarova  Sad

That turned out well.  Just Wozniaki left.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106383 on: September 02, 2015, 10:44:31 AM »

Three losers to start the month for £25

Charles Austin stayed at QPR and didn't go to Croydon -£10

Safrarova and Garcia lost at Flushing Meadow -£15

the current book is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCEvN9MELsUxB81rHuWrfoX3zwIMPQQ205Lcjm3kbgU/edit#gid=29

still waiting for a comment, any comment, on my QPR suggestion. My post might be invisible of course

the county championship is in the final three rounds of the season

Middlesex are well placed for an each way return, Lancs are well placed to win division two. More details if anyone is interested

am i correct in assuming that July had a hotter day than August in the end? Should I, being prudent, take the august bets as losers now even though the winning month won't be settled until January?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #106384 on: September 02, 2015, 10:58:36 AM »

Correct, August was NOT a scorcher.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106385 on: September 02, 2015, 11:01:09 AM »

QPR to keep Austin and Phillips, and Astin in particular must be a nice surprise for QPR fans

Austin for a season in the championship, is QPR to be promoted suddenly a lot more interesting?

4th, 10 points so far, 3 points off the top

16/1 to win it

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner

9/2 to go up (which i think i like a lot)

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/promotion

middlesborough as short as 2/1 to win the divison already.....

I like this bet a lot.  I think you've missed another factor though - they've signed Toszer who will anchor the midfield and dictate the pace.  They've signed Angella who is a Rolls Royce of a centre back at this level.  Watford fans can't believe we've let Gabby go as he was needed for cover at Watford.  I bought their points after those 2 signings before the weekend and it's already up 5 points (away win included in the move of course).  If these prices are still around I think we should have some chunky trades on them.  Prices far too big imo.

£25 on the 16s and £100 on the 9/2 imo.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106386 on: September 02, 2015, 11:02:44 AM »

Three losers to start the month for £25

Charles Austin stayed at QPR and didn't go to Croydon -£10

Safrarova and Garcia lost at Flushing Meadow -£15

the current book is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eCEvN9MELsUxB81rHuWrfoX3zwIMPQQ205Lcjm3kbgU/edit#gid=29

still waiting for a comment, any comment, on my QPR suggestion. My post might be invisible of course

the county championship is in the final three rounds of the season

Middlesex are well placed for an each way return, Lancs are well placed to win division two. More details if anyone is interested

am i correct in assuming that July had a hotter day than August in the end? Should I, being prudent, take the august bets as losers now even though the winning month won't be settled until January?

I can't help with football stuff - or QPR - Tighty, it needs an expert. But if you really think it's a good bet, please go ahead, it'll give us a season sweat.

The Hottest Month "saver" bet for August? That's an awkward one. Really, I suppose it should be taken now, for the sake of prudence, but really, they are the same bet.

Up to you, or maybe ask Mere Adjudicator.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106387 on: September 02, 2015, 11:08:21 AM »

QPR to keep Austin and Phillips, and Astin in particular must be a nice surprise for QPR fans

Austin for a season in the championship, is QPR to be promoted suddenly a lot more interesting?

16/1 to win it

I like this bet a lot.  I think you've missed another factor though - they've signed Toszer who will anchor the midfield and dictate the pace.  They've signed Angella who is a Rolls Royce of a centre back at this level.  Watford fans can't believe we've let Gabby go as he was needed for cover at Watford.  I bought their points after those 2 signings before the weekend and it's already up 5 points (away win included in the move of course).  If these prices are still around I think we should have some chunky trades on them.  Prices far too big imo.

If Fred has any access to Spreadex, the QPR points look a good buy at 70 (71.5 on Spin).  Can't see how they won't be worst case scenario 8th/9th with 65 points with their squad?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106388 on: September 02, 2015, 11:09:23 AM »

16/1 to win it

I like this bet a lot.  I think you've missed another factor though - they've signed Toszer who will anchor the midfield and dictate the pace.  They've signed Angella who is a Rolls Royce of a centre back at this level.  Watford fans can't believe we've let Gabby go as he was needed for cover at Watford.  I bought their points after those 2 signings before the weekend and it's already up 5 points (away win included in the move of course).  If these prices are still around I think we should have some chunky trades on them.  Prices far too big imo.

this is what i was thinking

i asked a bacterian last night because it was nagging away at me that this was a great spot and no one was replying lol, who confirmed to me that he got on at 16 and 9/2 three minutes after Austin was confirmed staying

anyway, the 16-1 is now 12-1.

the 9/2 is now 4/1

i think we will settle for this as the 16s has shortened 4 points

11 Sep 2015 - English Championship - Promotion - Promotion
Tip It

QPR @ 4/1

Stake : £75.00
Estimated Returns : £
Transaction Reference:
O/0457483/0001399/F

by the by its not just austin, its phillips, fer, rob green

got to be top six, and 4-1 promoted out of that melange of sides looks ok to me

My eyes are open wide
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #106389 on: September 02, 2015, 12:09:46 PM »

Gutting to miss out on the 16s, but the 12s still beats betfair, so think you should back them still, albeit for a smaller bet.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106390 on: September 02, 2015, 01:48:11 PM »

The Preston over Leeds spread bet is up to 6.5 points to sell now (It's Preston points minus Leeds points).  This makes little sense to me - Preston have struggled for goals (5 points) while Leeds have drawn all 4 matches.   Leeds looked decent in patches to me against Burnley and Wednesday in the televised games and I think they'll improve this season under Rosler.

I think it's a sell.  Recommend £3 if Fred wants it (in line with the size of our other positions).  Max downside probably 40 points in the unlikely scenario Leeds are at the foot and Preston make playoffs.

Let me know if you want it and I'll add to Fred's book.  (Fred's mid is currently + £27)

I think it was requested I bring this up again after the weekend.  Leeds won at Derby, Preston lost to Hull but the bookies are unmoved on long term prospects and simply adjusted by 3 points.

Now Preston 3.5 to sell.  Leeds now 2 points ahead.  Remains a sell I think.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106391 on: September 02, 2015, 01:49:14 PM »

And Fred's current mid value on Watford/Charlton is +17.5

Let me know if you wish to add the Preston trade.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106392 on: September 02, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »

The Preston over Leeds spread bet is up to 6.5 points to sell now (It's Preston points minus Leeds points).  This makes little sense to me - Preston have struggled for goals (5 points) while Leeds have drawn all 4 matches.   Leeds looked decent in patches to me against Burnley and Wednesday in the televised games and I think they'll improve this season under Rosler.

I think it's a sell.  Recommend £3 if Fred wants it (in line with the size of our other positions).  Max downside probably 40 points in the unlikely scenario Leeds are at the foot and Preston make playoffs.

Let me know if you want it and I'll add to Fred's book.  (Fred's mid is currently + £27)

I think it was requested I bring this up again after the weekend.  Leeds won at Derby, Preston lost to Hull but the bookies are unmoved on long term prospects and simply adjusted by 3 points.

ok what did we say, £3 a point?

sell at 3.5.

max downside for accounting purposes 40 points/£120?

My eyes are open wide
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #106393 on: September 02, 2015, 02:24:30 PM »

ok what did we say, £3 a point?

sell at 3.5.

max downside for accounting purposes 40 points/£120?

Yep - max downside Preston get 80 and top end of playoffs playoffs, Leeds down with 37.

Booked at £3 a point.

Shrimper1

View Profile
« Reply #106394 on: September 03, 2015, 10:30:27 AM »

I think west brom are too big for relegation at 7-2 with lad rooks.

It is a little shorter on bfair.

Again it is not really me taking a view on west brom but just a function of how the market rate them. I will happily take the view that the match prices are closer to correct and the big syndicates know what they are doing, and it is just a case of the derivative market  (in this case the relegation price) not updating as it should.

The market absolutely hates west brom, for example Watford went off a shorter price at home to Southampton than west brom are priced at home to them in a couple of weeks, and look at the disparity in their respective relegation prices. Of course their are always other factors such as west brom are a point better off but I think it illustrates the point.

Also Norwich and Bournemouth look to short for relegation given how popular they are with the market.

Of course it is possible that the big players are making a mistake or match prices are overshooting, but without doubt their is a disparity here and I know which prices I trust to be more efficient.

Thoughts?
Pages: 1 ... 7089 7090 7091 7092 [7093] 7094 7095 7096 7097 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: