blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:51:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7178 7179 7180 7181 [7182] 7183 7184 7185 7186 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443103 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107715 on: October 04, 2015, 11:11:16 PM »

I've just watched the Strictly result show.

Had Iwan avoided the bottom two, Jamelia's performance in the dance off would have kept her in against most of her opponents. We won't know whether Kirsty was close to the drop but there we are.

Cliffs: our two bets on first elimination lost.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #107716 on: October 05, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »

http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betting/g/5173149/Match-Betting.html

I'd encourage anyone to take the 13/8 on cloud 9 to beat AHQ
Cloud 9 top the group and are playing amazing but market underrates them as they are an American team
They have a lot of experience

Stake size?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107717 on: October 05, 2015, 01:02:47 AM »

Packers win 17-3.

Well done, sicilian.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #107718 on: October 05, 2015, 01:16:03 AM »

Packers win 17-3.

Well done, sicilian.

Wink

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107719 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:10 AM »

334 passing yards for Carson Palmer tonight is possibly better than expected against the ascetically stingy St Louis Rams.

exstream

View Profile
« Reply #107720 on: October 05, 2015, 01:27:52 AM »

Cloud 9 top the group and are playing amazing but market underrates them as they are an American team

Stake size?

Probably be limited but worth whatever you can get.
I was limited to £24 lol.
I wanted £100
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #107721 on: October 05, 2015, 02:47:08 PM »

Stake size?

I wanted £100

Try the shops exstream. They'll take £100 off an unknown without referral.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #107722 on: October 05, 2015, 03:19:54 PM »

Stake size?

I wanted £100

Surprised at that assuming they won't have it on the normal screens and you'd have to ask for the odds?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107723 on: October 05, 2015, 03:31:27 PM »

Detroit are at Seattle tonight on MNF

I have spent some time looking into the implications of Marshawn Lynch's absence with an injured hamstring.

He had 5 carries last week against the Bears before leaving the game. Rookie Thomas Rawls then received the bulk of the work, with 16 carries for 104 yards with Fred Jackson getting a couple of carries too

Seattle are 9 point favourites for the game, and its a miserable place for away teams to play particularly in primetime witgh crowd noise, tough atmosphere etc

this is especially the case for struggling teams, detroit are 0-3, suffering with very predictable play-calling. One place on defence that they struggle is in run defense. In their three games so far this season they've conceded 112 yards on the ground on average and 5 rushing touchdowns

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2015&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

this is particularly the case on the perimeter of the defense where they have the exotically named Ziggy Ansah at end, who tends to over-pursue in his haste to get sacks and leaves his lane open. They are comparatively strong through the middle where Haloti Ngata came across from the Ravens and is a noted run stopper

So all this got me thinking

Lynch is out
A rookie is the lead back, and the offensive line minus Max Unger is not as solid as it was in 2013-14. that rookie has 18 career carries
Seattle aren't firing in the passing game..no real connection between Graham and Wilson yet. No particular game breaker at wide receiver, well not until Tyler Lockett breaks the starting line up anyway as well as firing in kick off returns for long gains

So it appears logical to me that we can expect Russell Wilson rushing to be a reasonable part of the offense

- Wilson has over 2000 career rushing yards, at 6ypc over 3 seasons and three games

- So far this year in those three games Wilson has 137 yards on 24 rushing attempts

- If you use those 24 attempts as a "run rate" and pro-rata for a 16 game season he is on course for 125-130 rushes

- His rushing attempts in his three seasons to date are 84,98 and last year 118

- Tentatively, he's running a bit more every year

So, Lynch is out, Detroit have issues in run defense on the edge and Wilson's rushing yards quotes are +/- 37.5

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/detroit-lions-at-seattle-seahawks/total-rushing-yds-russell-wilson

At career rushing averages in yards per attempt we'd only need him to rush 6-7 times in the game to hit this

seems reasonable to me that this quote is on the low side

for something a bit less conservative, rawls is 6/1 first TD, Wilson 18/1. Some markets still quote Lynch

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #107724 on: October 05, 2015, 04:00:26 PM »

Nice write up as per tighty, gl!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #107725 on: October 05, 2015, 04:01:00 PM »

Great analysis, Tighty.

Best thing I have read on Wilson was this:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2015/film-room-russell-wilsons-mobility

Not all of it strictly relevant to the bet in hand, but there's an interesting explanation of how a lot of what Wilson does is built into the offensive system and that means this is not as high a variance bet as some: the play callers in Seattle want him running and he can do it against any team.

sonour

View Profile
« Reply #107726 on: October 05, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »

Stake size?

I wanted £100

Surprised at that assuming they won't have it on the normal screens and you'd have to ask for the odds?

It takes them forever to find the price, but when they do no further problems. I had to show one guy the odds on my iPad but then he took the bet.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107727 on: October 05, 2015, 05:58:59 PM »

Detroit are at Seattle tonight on MNF

I have spent some time looking into the implications of Marshawn Lynch's absence with an injured hamstring.

He had 5 carries last week against the Bears before leaving the game. Rookie Thomas Rawls then received the bulk of the work, with 16 carries for 104 yards with Fred Jackson getting a couple of carries too

Seattle are 9 point favourites for the game, and its a miserable place for away teams to play particularly in primetime witgh crowd noise, tough atmosphere etc

this is especially the case for struggling teams, detroit are 0-3, suffering with very predictable play-calling. One place on defence that they struggle is in run defense. In their three games so far this season they've conceded 112 yards on the ground on average and 5 rushing touchdowns

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2015&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

this is particularly the case on the perimeter of the defense where they have the exotically named Ziggy Ansah at end, who tends to over-pursue in his haste to get sacks and leaves his lane open. They are comparatively strong through the middle where Haloti Ngata came across from the Ravens and is a noted run stopper

So all this got me thinking

Lynch is out
A rookie is the lead back, and the offensive line minus Max Unger is not as solid as it was in 2013-14. that rookie has 18 career carries
Seattle aren't firing in the passing game..no real connection between Graham and Wilson yet. No particular game breaker at wide receiver, well not until Tyler Lockett breaks the starting line up anyway as well as firing in kick off returns for long gains

So it appears logical to me that we can expect Russell Wilson rushing to be a reasonable part of the offense

- Wilson has over 2000 career rushing yards, at 6ypc over 3 seasons and three games

- So far this year in those three games Wilson has 137 yards on 24 rushing attempts

- If you use those 24 attempts as a "run rate" and pro-rata for a 16 game season he is on course for 125-130 rushes

- His rushing attempts in his three seasons to date are 84,98 and last year 118

- Tentatively, he's running a bit more every year

So, Lynch is out, Detroit have issues in run defense on the edge and Wilson's rushing yards quotes are +/- 37.5

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/detroit-lions-at-seattle-seahawks/total-rushing-yds-russell-wilson

At career rushing averages in yards per attempt we'd only need him to rush 6-7 times in the game to hit this

seems reasonable to me that this quote is on the low side

for something a bit less conservative, rawls is 6/1 first TD, Wilson 18/1. Some markets still quote Lynch

Can we get on please, Tighty?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107728 on: October 05, 2015, 06:13:41 PM »

ladbrokes will only lay us to win £15 on NFL subs, but hopefully better than nothing

Over Detroit Lions at Seattle Seahawks Total Rushing Yds - Russell Wilson
10/11
Total Stake: £16.50
Potential Returns: £31.50

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #107729 on: October 05, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »

Stake size?

I wanted £100

Referred to a trader, limited to £24.62.

Pages: 1 ... 7178 7179 7180 7181 [7182] 7183 7184 7185 7186 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: