blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 10:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272952 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7537 7538 7539 7540 [7541] 7542 7543 7544 7545 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13587825 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #113100 on: February 02, 2016, 10:58:22 PM »

pardew for england

Could still happen.

Zaha for England is what I would want to see. Not sure there are many in an England shirt that could take on a man from a standing start as well as he, and would be a good addition to the squad just for that reason in tough tight games. He's improving his final delivery too. He was great again tonight. I hope he maintains his form.

On Palace, McCarthur hobbled off injured at half time and without Cabaye, him, Wickham, Ledley and Bolasie you really are taking out the core of the team. To be honest though it was only Bolasie that needed to be injured to put us in trouble. Doesn't help Puncheon playing 20+ league games for us and never looking like scoring. We've effectively had no striker this season scoring either. Tough times.

Adebayor had a good debut. I hope he chips in. Main gripe with Pardew is probably the Wickham purchase thus far and not retaining the services of Murray as we had only one target man in our squad for a long period.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #113101 on: February 02, 2016, 11:00:43 PM »

so we go over. simple?

She has the lungs for it and loves a (crucial) dramatic pause for cheering.

Looks like an over

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113102 on: February 03, 2016, 12:25:24 AM »

tomorrow on sky aberdeen host celtic live on sky sports

there are effectively 7 points between the sides as celtic have a 28 goals better GD than aberdeen

if celtic win we can write of the title bet IMHO

in the top scorer market rooney is 4 behind griffiths but 3 goals ahead of the 2 player in join 2nd

so ideally tomorrow a nice win for the dons with a couple of rooney goals with griffiths falling out with his manager would be ideal

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #113103 on: February 03, 2016, 01:06:25 AM »

West Indies cricket hits a new low. 
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35470796

The commentator's immediate 'Oh no', is a perfectly pitched reaction.

Clearly not in his bowling stride. Embarrassing.

Going to be in the minority here, but he's well within his rights to do it.

An international batsman should be in his ground.

It really isn't difficult.

Completely agree. Not sure how its different to a football team taking a quick free kick if they see the defenders ambling about

It seems ok for the batsman to steal a foot or two but the ire of the cricketing fraternity comes down on any bowler who punishes them for it. In my youth, I remember getting told off by my skipper, the umpire and even the batsman in question just for warning the guy.

Apparently the etiquette is to catch them in the act then warn them. I did this next ball and just got told to get on with bowling. It just seemed blatant cheating on the batsman's part, especially as they were after quick runs and couldn't get me away to the boundary Smiley Smiley

In this case however, the bowler isn't even attempting a delivery so it is a bit sneaky.

I always thought a 'Mankad' was when you brought your arm over, didn't let go and whipped the bails off in the same motion. I used to play a lot of indoor cricket and the 'Mankad' was a genuine dismissal accepted as part of the game.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #113104 on: February 03, 2016, 01:18:18 AM »

Completely agree. Not sure how its different to a football team taking a quick free kick if they see the defenders ambling about

It seems ok for the batsman to steal a foot or two but the ire of the cricketing fraternity comes down on any bowler who punishes them for it. In my youth, I remember getting told off by my skipper, the umpire and even the batsman in question just for warning the guy.

Apparently the etiquette is to catch them in the act then warn them. I did this next ball and just got told to get on with bowling. It just seemed blatant cheating on the batsman's part, especially as they were after quick runs and couldn't get me away to the boundary Smiley Smiley

In this case however, the bowler isn't even attempting a delivery so it is a bit sneaky.

I always thought a 'Mankad' was when you brought your arm over, didn't let go and whipped the bails off in the same motion. I used to play a lot of indoor cricket and the 'Mankad' was a genuine dismissal accepted as part of the game.

You should in theory to roll your whole arm over without releasing the ball, then warn the batsman. The 2nd time you still have to complete your action but the wicket is now fair game.

What the Windies did is beyond the spirit of the game. Yeah its legal, but there's a reason you never seen anyone do it.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #113105 on: February 03, 2016, 05:09:26 AM »

You should in theory to roll your whole arm over without releasing the ball, then warn the batsman. The 2nd time you still have to complete your action but the wicket is now fair game.

What the Windies did is beyond the spirit of the game. Yeah its legal, but there's a reason you never seen anyone do it.
It is legal but the batsmen is not exactly gaining a massive advantage. He is inches out of his crease, I've only seen people get warned before when they are blatantly doing it. Feel like if someone did this in a club cricket match it would kick off a lot.
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #113106 on: February 03, 2016, 08:30:24 AM »

Daily Report

Loss on day who cares

outstanding bets who cares

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #113107 on: February 03, 2016, 09:20:41 AM »

It is legal but the batsmen is not exactly gaining a massive advantage. He is inches out of his crease, I've only seen people get warned before when they are blatantly doing it. Feel like if someone did this in a club cricket match it would kick off a lot.

Their is a big difference between this example and others I've seen. When Sri Lanka got buttler a couple of years back he'd constantly stole ground in a previous game, I'm fairly sure he was warned and then when he was actually mankad'd he was yards out and the bowler had gone through his delivery action, saw he was taking the piss so ran him out.

Here, the bowlers decided to to it from the top of him mark imo. He hasn't gone into his delivery action, all he was trying to do was mankad him. The batsman isn't even trying to steal ground, he's a millimetre out, they had to go frame-by-frame on the replay to see if he was actually out. The fact the batting side needed 3 to win off the last over with 1 wicket left is the entire reason behind why the bowler did.

Rule needs to be change so if a bowler doesn't go into his delivery action then it's a dead ball. It's up there with Chappell rolling the ball under arm with 6 needed off the last ball for me. Rule got changed then, and same should occur here.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113108 on: February 03, 2016, 10:24:39 AM »

Settlement Day

Apologies, 1st Feb came & went, but I've been pre-occupied with other stuff, away from blonde.

Big thanks to all those who assisted with Fred's bets in January.

If you owe me small sums, & want to sit on it for now, for similar use in future, that's fine, or if you prefer to settle up, feel free to send across.

If I owe you money, & it needs settling now, please let me know.

I've settled sonour up, but nobody else so far.

I confirm I received £34.50 from Dan Morgan, though at the moment, I've no idea what it was for. Thanks Dan.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113109 on: February 03, 2016, 10:30:38 AM »

January 2016 Figures

Closed bets: 89
Amount wagered: £2,616.27
Profit/loss: £226.40
ROI: 8.65%

Number of "sports" bet on: 13
Most popular: Dogs (27), Football (13), Cricket (9), Rugby Union (8 ).
Most profitable: Darts (£267.22), Misc. (£140.00), Tennis (£131.00), Cricket (£84.38)
Least profitable: Football (-£190.62), Dogs (-£136.93), NFL (-£82.65)

Number of tipsters: 22 including 0 new tipsters.

Going forward.

Open bets: 70
Amount staked: £3803.88

Overall statistics (since February 2012)

Total closed bets: 5,342
Amount wagered: £158,863.96
Profit/loss: £9,084.41
ROI: 5.72%

Number of "sports" bet on: 30
Most popular:  Horses(1,246), Football (1,242), Golf (410), NFL(332).

Most and least profitable sports (based on aggregate profit/loss) are:

Sport               Profit  Amt Bet       ROI   No.
Football   4,399.76   37,956.83   11.59   1,242
Horses   2,055.44   39,631.34   5.19   1,246
Misc.   1,947.42   7,389.77   26.35   195

Snooker   -411.00   1,441.00   -28.52   41
Boxing   -441.76   2,892.67   -15.27   81
RU   -454.20   4,605.79   -9.86   245

The complete list is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zeo-QVxVT7E3dVqP6lXI4xaA8ofWFWM2QOOTdAklvQM/edit#gid=4

Total number of tipsters: 180

Number of different bookies/exchanges/agents: 59

Most and least profitable bookies (based on aggregate profit/loss) are:

Bookie          Profit     Amt Bet   ROI     No.
Bwin      3,082.33   4,907.86   62.80   130
Ladbrokes      2,921.12   19,173.83   15.23   714
BoyleSports      2,505.40   4,520.45   55.42   116

PaddyPower      -557.82   7,755.31   -7.19   365
BetDaq      -977.60   1,192.50   -81.98   6
BetFred      -1,766.22   12,601.12   -14.02   434

The complete list is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Zeo-QVxVT7E3dVqP6lXI4xaA8ofWFWM2QOOTdAklvQM/edit#gid=7

Punctual & efficient as ever, thanks Vince.

Another decent month, over £200 profit & a ROI of 8.65%, with the total ROI since Day One now standing at a vey healthy 5.72%.

For January, this was quite interesting I thought, which marked quite a change from normal;

Most popular: Dogs (27), Football (13), Cricket (9), Rugby Union (8 ).
Most profitable: Darts (£267.22), Misc. (£140.00), Tennis (£131.00), Cricket (£84.38)
Least profitable: Football (-£190.62), Dogs (-£136.93), NFL (-£82.65)

Cracking stuff, but quite a surprise (sample size, oibv) to see Football, Dogs & NFL having such a bad month, in particular, we generally do pretty well on Football & NFL.

All good. Mostly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113110 on: February 03, 2016, 10:37:13 AM »

I owe you £34.50 Tony for the T20 bet, let me know what you want doing with it

Ahh, found it - thanks Dan, appreciated, & safely received.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113111 on: February 03, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »

As I know how much tikay loves a crosstable (that feels like a Tom O'Connor joke, but maybe just to me...if you remember Crosswits, you've probably just shown your age. I loved that show...)

Anyway, the crosstable:

Click to see full-size image.

The Carlsen-Ding match was a whopping 99 moves long, where the average game is around the 40 move mark. That's each player, by the way. When we talk about the number of moves a game has in it, when white does something and black does something afterwards, that is one move.  

Several hours later...

"Oh go on then. You've earned a draw"

Ding finished joint second because Caruana lost. They'll split second and third prize money as a result, I expect.

Picture gallery for today: http://www.tatasteelchess.com/tournament/gallery/year/2016/gallery/r13-

I particularly liked this picture of one of the side events. A real range of ages on display.

You'll be delighted to learn that's it for this tournament, so normal, non-chess service will be resumed shortly. £60 profit for Fred, after deduction of the speculative tenner on Ding Liren to win overall. As it turned out, had he beaten Carlsen, he would have won the event. That would have been a very nice 17/1 bink.

It's a shame he's not qualified for the Candidates in March, although it has probably come too soon for him in fairness.

Just wanted to say what a cracking bet that was, well explained in advance, regular updates, photos, & we even had chance of scooping the lot.

Love these sort of bets, thank you.

Any more chess stuff on the horizon?

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #113112 on: February 03, 2016, 10:54:39 AM »

Have £30 on Steph to win CBB @ 6-1 or bigger please.

It's been another series of non-winners, but she's had a massive turnaround in a short space of time and is now topping the polls. She's been proper car crash stuff and had loads of airtime as a result. Airtime is golden.

Neither of the pair above her in the betting is a standout.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113113 on: February 03, 2016, 11:12:22 AM »

last night

Martial scores, which is rare good news for that top Man U scorer bet

soon countered by Rooney scoring again

Fraser Forster an immovable object as our Arsenal to win the PL bet has had a bad few weeks

Arsenal no wins in 4, no goals in 3, their worst run in the PL for 7 years

Kane scores 2, but Vardy scores 2 too in that match bet

18 - Vardy 15 - Kane, Lukaku 14 - Ighalo 13 - Aguero, Mahrez 12 - Giroud

someone in the sub-editing department beliieves

Click to see full-size image.

norwich have now lost 4 in a row, sunderland still bottom 3. good for a variety of bets, both. If only Villa could pick up, we'd hafve a shot at bottom too

and the latest on the superbowl

i suppose we have to take denver when it reaches +7 right? public cant be as right as they currently think they are....

reminder to self. Oh say can you seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pause seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113114 on: February 03, 2016, 11:18:38 AM »

Good report Rich, thank you.

and the latest on the superbowl     

Is that just to annoy Lord Chomps of Pedantshire?

Please.

Supper Bowl.

Superb Owl.

Su Perbowl.

But never superbowl. Apparently. 

Pages: 1 ... 7537 7538 7539 7540 [7541] 7542 7543 7544 7545 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: