blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:54:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7857 7858 7859 7860 [7861] 7862 7863 7864 7865 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436309 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #117900 on: May 29, 2016, 12:20:50 PM »

Annyone like anything at uttox today?
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #117901 on: May 29, 2016, 12:31:38 PM »

probably a SC start too.

Should we be looking to get out of the No Safety Car bet? 364 offering 85% of stake cashout

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #117902 on: May 29, 2016, 12:42:28 PM »

probably a SC start too.

Should we be looking to get out of the No Safety Car bet? 364 offering 85% of stake cashout

I would.  Can close that and get 11/1 on betfair.

McLaren twitter full of pictures of wet monaco.  All the bigger prices on the bottom 5 points finishes gone except with boyles.

Sainz/hulk now best 8/1 top 3.  We are on at 40/1 up

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #117903 on: May 29, 2016, 01:08:52 PM »

probably a SC start too.

probably a SC start too.

McLaren twitter full of pictures of wet monaco.  All the bigger prices on the bottom 5 points finishes gone except with boyles.

The bet itself is one I'm happy with. But if 11/1 is available elsewhere .. that changes things. I'll probably just stick £5 on at 11/1 too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #117904 on: May 29, 2016, 01:15:02 PM »

probably a SC start too.

probably a SC start too.

The bet itself is one I'm happy with. But if 11/1 is available elsewhere .. that changes things. I'll probably just stick £5 on at 11/1 too.

That is illogical.  Close bet A for £4.25.  Put 4.25 on with betfair at 12.5/1 (current price).  That is way better than leaving £5 on at 13/2.  The downside hasn't changed, but the upside is much bigger.  If you want to up the bet, you can just pile more than 4.25 on with betfair.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #117905 on: May 29, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »

Annyone like anything at uttox today?
Ebadani might be a bit overs at 7/1 in the 15:45 Wrights Meat & Potato Pie Handicap Hurdle. Step up in class and plenty of weight but Snowden's in good nick right now and they ran it in decent novice company before picking up the egg-and-spoon at Sedgefield last time. Think it has a better than 13% chance anyway. (Can the same be said for the meat in the meat and potato pies?). GL. Wink
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:19:00 PM by Tonibell » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #117906 on: May 29, 2016, 01:20:01 PM »

probably a SC start too.

Even those McLaren bets are looking good now, as the weather has changed the markets massively (eg Ricciardo has moved from 3/4 to 6/4 since last night).  If only there were organisations available that produced weather forecasts.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #117907 on: May 29, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »

probably a SC start too.

probably a SC start too.

I would.  Can close that and get 11/1 on betfair.

McLaren twitter full of pictures of wet monaco.  All the bigger prices on the bottom 5 points finishes gone except with boyles.

Sainz/hulk now best 8/1 top 3.  We are on at 40/1 up

That is illogical.  Close bet A for £4.25.  Put 4.25 on with betfair at 12.5/1 (current price).  That is way better than leaving £5 on at 13/2.  The downside hasn't changed, but the upside is much bigger.  If you want to up the bet, you can just pile more than 4.25 on with betfair.

Ahh, gotcha. Okay, got £8.25 (what I cashed out) on with the exchange at 13.5. Thanks!

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #117908 on: May 29, 2016, 01:24:44 PM »

probably a SC start too.

Even those McLaren bets are looking good now, as the weather has changed the markets massively (eg Ricciardo has moved from 3/4 to 6/4 since last night).  If only there were organisations available that produced weather forecasts.

Wouldn't go that far. The McLaren's will probably struggle even more in the wet due to tyre temperatures.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117909 on: May 29, 2016, 01:37:54 PM »

Even Martin's pit walk is chaotic, God knows what the race will be like.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #117910 on: May 29, 2016, 01:42:06 PM »

Okay, the rain is getting quite a bit heavier right now.

Need to look at the betfair rules, if SC starts count as having a SC, I would cash out.

Dekka

View Profile
« Reply #117911 on: May 29, 2016, 01:56:05 PM »

I was Jonathan Palmer's marketing manager for a few years including the period when he bought Bedford Autodrome, I've no doubt that Jolyon's contract will be fairly watertight and a "cheap" option for Renault. I do know that it includes a huge amount of corporate hospitality for Renault and other sponsors at the Palmersport day out which was the event I was marketing in my time with Jonathan.  Take a look at the website, you get to drive a lot of seriously quick cars on the day and it really is a world class corporate event.  Not cheap though!

http://www.palmersport.com/

Another reason I can't see a fall out between the Palmers and Renault is that Jonathan's company Motorsport Vision has just bought the Laon-Couvron airbase in France to replicate the facility in Bedford.  Renault will be heavily involved in this going forward.

As an aside the other shareholder in Motorsport Vision is racehorse owner and computer mogul Peter Ogden who owns the channel island Jethou.

I played a small part in Jolyon's career as I set up the steering wheel and pedals on his PC when that was the only way he could race before he got his first go-kart!

Jonathan also managed Justin Wilson who sadly died last year while racing in Indycar (his brother Stef has a drive in the Indy 500 tonight).  To raise the finance for Justin's drive at Minardi we turned him into a PLC and sold shares in him.  A typically innovative approach by Jonathan but all the investors did their money as Justin was 6' 4" and didn't fit into the Jaguar properly when they signed him after his spell at Minardi.  Despite a relatively long & successful career in America, including driving for actor Paul Newman's team, Justin wasn't a wealthy man when he died.  It required a huge auction of motorsport memorabilia donated by drivers and teams to secure Justin's wife and children's future as he was still in debt to Jonathan and the investors for the majority of his career.  

« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:03:09 PM by Dekka » Logged

Only dead fish swim with the stream
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117912 on: May 29, 2016, 02:04:29 PM »

I was Jonathan Palmer's marketing manager for a few years including the period when he bought Bedford Autodrome, I've no doubt that Jolyon's contract will be fairly watertight and a "cheap" option for Renault. I do know that it includes a huge amount of corporate hospitality for Renault and other sponsors at the Palmersport day out which was the event I was marketing in my time with Jonathan.  Take a look at the website, you get to drive a lot of seriously quick cars on the day and it really is a world class corporate event.  Not cheap though!

http://www.palmersport.com/

Another reason I can't see a fall out between the Palmers and Renault is that Jonathan's company Motorsport Vision has just bought the Laon-Couvron airbase in France to replicate the facility in Bedford.  Renault will be heavily involved in this going forward.

As an aside the other shareholder in Motorsport Vision is racehorse owner and computer mogul Peter Ogden who owns the channel island Jethou.

I played a small part in Jolyon's career as I set up the steering wheel and pedals on his PC when that was the only way he could race before he got his first go-kart!

Jonathan also managed Justin Wilson who sadly died last year while racing in Indycar (his brother Stef has a drive in the Indy 500 tonight).  To raise the finance for Justin's drive at Minardi we turned him into a PLC and sold shares in him.  A typically innovative approach by Jonathan but all the investors did their money as Justin was 6' 4" and didn't fit into the Jaguar properly when they signed him after his spell at Minardi.  Despite a relatively long & successful career in America, including driving for actor Paul Newman's team, Justin wasn't a wealthy man when he died.  It required a huge auction of motorsport memorabilia donated by drivers and teams to secure Justin's wife and children's future as he was still in debt to Jonathan and the investors for the majority of his career. 

What an utterly fascinating post that is, thank you.

You must have real insight into Motorsport financing, especially as to drivers, would love to hear more about this.

Are you still involved in motor sport?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:11:35 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #117913 on: May 29, 2016, 02:12:08 PM »

A week to forget for Palmer

Dekka

View Profile
« Reply #117914 on: May 29, 2016, 02:15:03 PM »

Having said all the above ... I'm not sure that Jolyon's contract will survive crashing on zebra crossings too many times.  I can almost hear his old man giving him the mother of all bollockings on the way home.  Alex Ferguson's hairdryer isn't in the same league as Jonathan Palmer's.

Only dead fish swim with the stream
Pages: 1 ... 7857 7858 7859 7860 [7861] 7862 7863 7864 7865 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: