blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:42:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8197 8198 8199 8200 [8201] 8202 8203 8204 8205 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438570 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123000 on: October 26, 2016, 01:30:20 PM »

I think we should be on the San Antonio Spurs this season. They looked very impressive in their season opener against big favourites Golden State, winning comfortable 129-100. They have a very good side with a few players, mainly Kawahi Leonard and LaMarcus Aldridge, capable of putting up big numbers each night. Add this to the experience of Tony Parker at point guard, Pau Gasol at centre, and with players such as Manu Ginobili to come off the bench, they have a very good side. As well as going forward they are an extremely good defensive team, one of the best if not the best last season and they continued to look solid in the season opener.

I believe, with the majority of the focus being on the Warriors this season, the price for the spurs is too big. They are available at 9/1 to win the championship (skaii or boyles), would take 8/1 if we can't get on with these. To win the Western conference they are best priced 5/1 (366, the irish lot, b-fair etc). I'm not good with bet sizes but I reckon around £30-£50 on each would provide a good season long sweat.

these Spurs bets

i am sure someone will come along and tell me that GSW v Cavs is nailed on as soon as i have placed these, but they've had all morning while i have read the comments :-)

on Western conference we are taking on a 1/4 poke.

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/western-conference/winner

Bet Type: Single
            2016/17 NBA Western Conference - Outright Winner 2016/17 NBA Western Conference - Outright Winner
                San Antonio Spurs 5/1
        Possible Payout (inc. stake) 180.00 GBP
    1 bet @
    30.00 GBP

Total Cost: 30.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 180.00 GBP

On the championship itself

San Antonio Spurs NBA Championship Winner
8/1
Total Stake: 30.00
Total Returns: 270.00

http://www.oddschecker.com/basketball/nba/nba-championship/winner

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #123001 on: October 26, 2016, 01:30:38 PM »

Personally I can't see past Warriors and the Cavs in the finals. Early days of course and it is a long season.

But if you like the Spurs then the questions are: They were 6 wins behind the Warriors last year for best record and lost the Head to Head 3-1. They've won one already, so if they can turn it around to say 3-1, then they need to find three extra wins, or three additional losses for the Warriors or two to tie. Do we think this is realistic?

Or do you think they can win a best of 7 vs GSW in the playoffs? They lost 4-2 to OKC (who won't be a factor this season) last year including a couple of narrow ones at home. You'd think they will face each other in the conference finals. So what price would you make them vs GSW in a best of 7 series? And then could they turn it on again and defeat the Cavs in the finals?

Finally I'd like to recommend Kawaii Leonard for Defensive Player of the Year 4/1 with Lads £20.

4/1 seems to high for someone who has won it two years in a row and if anything should improve this year with more responsibility now Duncan has retired. Howard won it three seasons in a row and I see no reason why Kawaii can't do so.

closed at ladbrokes. if it is only Ladbrokes for this, i would need help to get this on

can do....is there a link?...dont follow this stuff across the pond Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123002 on: October 26, 2016, 01:35:11 PM »

Personally I can't see past Warriors and the Cavs in the finals. Early days of course and it is a long season.

But if you like the Spurs then the questions are: They were 6 wins behind the Warriors last year for best record and lost the Head to Head 3-1. They've won one already, so if they can turn it around to say 3-1, then they need to find three extra wins, or three additional losses for the Warriors or two to tie. Do we think this is realistic?

Or do you think they can win a best of 7 vs GSW in the playoffs? They lost 4-2 to OKC (who won't be a factor this season) last year including a couple of narrow ones at home. You'd think they will face each other in the conference finals. So what price would you make them vs GSW in a best of 7 series? And then could they turn it on again and defeat the Cavs in the finals?

Finally I'd like to recommend Kawaii Leonard for Defensive Player of the Year 4/1 with Lads £20.

4/1 seems to high for someone who has won it two years in a row and if anything should improve this year with more responsibility now Duncan has retired. Howard won it three seasons in a row and I see no reason why Kawaii can't do so.

closed at ladbrokes. if it is only Ladbrokes for this, i would need help to get this on

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/basketball/american/nba-awards/2016-17-nba-defensive-player-of-the-year/222783904/

My eyes are open wide
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #123003 on: October 26, 2016, 01:58:28 PM »

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/basketball/american/nba-awards/2016-17-nba-defensive-player-of-the-year/222783904/

cheers

booked
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #123004 on: October 26, 2016, 01:58:39 PM »

Spurs 11/2 with hills now
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #123005 on: October 26, 2016, 02:26:37 PM »

Can anyone help me out getting a small bet on the Spurs with Boylesports @9/1? Can't access it from overseas.

Feed em rice.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123006 on: October 26, 2016, 03:16:16 PM »

cheers

booked

Thanks Nick, will ship the cash across tonight.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123007 on: October 26, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »

Can anyone help me out getting a small bet on the Spurs with Boylesports @9/1? Can't access it from overseas.

Not sure many on here still have a working Boyles account. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #123008 on: October 26, 2016, 03:21:53 PM »

Unibet are 11/1 and seem significantly less trigger happy than spoils, definitely worth having an account with them

If you're in Europe you'll be able to get onto their site

baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #123009 on: October 26, 2016, 03:25:49 PM »

Unibet are 11/1 and seem significantly less trigger happy than spoils, definitely worth having an account with them

If you're in Europe you'll be able to get onto their site

Sadly not, Unibet Australia is paying 8/1 so will just take that if nobody has a working boyles. Cheers.

Feed em rice.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123010 on: October 26, 2016, 03:28:18 PM »

"The pitch looks remarkably dry and cracked already, and, while the weather forecast for Dhaka is not wonderful - the city is braced for cyclonic storm Kyant - it seems likely that Bangladesh may take a bit of a risk in preparing a result-surface in the hope that they can square the series. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1063416.html

Ansari and Finnn for Batty and Broad.

i do think we should have a go at Bangladesh as discussed yesterday. Winning the toss and not batting last is important though, but the toss is 3.30am

Bangladesh
Bangladesh v England [2nd Test] Winner
5/1
Total Stake: £20.00
Potential Returns: £120.00

laying the draw at 5/2 is perhaps an alternative to taking a side.....

My eyes are open wide
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #123011 on: October 26, 2016, 03:54:46 PM »

"The pitch looks remarkably dry and cracked already, and, while the weather forecast for Dhaka is not wonderful - the city is braced for cyclonic storm Kyant - it seems likely that Bangladesh may take a bit of a risk in preparing a result-surface in the hope that they can square the series. "

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1063416.html

i do think we should have a go at Bangladesh as discussed yesterday. Winning the toss and not batting last is important though, but the toss is 3.30am

Bangladesh
5/1

agreed....have taken the 5/1 myself, price gone to 9/2 on hills.

if Fred cant get any 5/1, he can have £20 with me.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123012 on: October 26, 2016, 05:34:44 PM »

Bangladesh
5/1

agreed....have taken the 5/1 myself, price gone to 9/2 on hills.

if Fred cant get any 5/1, he can have £20 with me.

thanks i placed the bet and linked it in the post

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #123013 on: October 26, 2016, 06:59:19 PM »

San Antonio are my NBA team.. have the best coach in Popovich... the team has a great mix of vets and young blood.. Leonard is almost inhuman in ability and he added scoring last year to his awesome defensive skills.
Have added Gasol at Centre to replace the aged hall of fame lock Duncan... Parker is my fave player ( even have his shirt ) and although his getting on may just have enough in the tank for one more championship ring.
The NBA is all about the depth of your bench, and SanAntonio have that.

Couuldnt bet against them .. always going to be top 4 every year.. warriors have added Durant.. could go either way as he has to take shots away from curry.. but curry was lacklustre in the finals last year and looked like he needed someone to take some of the load.. Durant may be that missing piece.. whatever its going to be close who goes up against Cleveland in the finals who are still head and shoulders over anyone in the East

20 year Spurs fan as well.  Last night was a master class by the Spurs and their system.  Greatest ever power forward retires.  First game after no problem just drill last season's 73 win team by 30 on their court.  Incredible effort.  Pleasure to watch that game.  Warriors look massively undersized at every position.  They are going to really struggle on the glass.  To balance it they won't play the Spurs every night and shoot 21% from downtown either.  They have lost some key big men though from last season in Bogut and Mo Speigths and replaced them with massively inferior players in the paint in order to get KD on board salary cap wise who they didn't really need.   Gaining KD's strengths is great but when you weaken a weak area of the quality team anyway even further it might actually be a negative overall.

Couldn't put you off any of the bets placed on them but i am a Spurs fan.  The 4/1 DPOY is a cracking bet for an award that has previous of several players winning it multiple times in a row.  The only challenger for me is if Whiteside goes nuts in Miami without Bosh there after his max contract and has bundles of triple doubles with blocks this season.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:06:40 PM by arbboy » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #123014 on: October 27, 2016, 01:26:38 AM »

We've got both seeds out of the bottom quarter in Basel. Those left there are Delbonis 66/1 who is already through to the quarters and Muller 25/1 and Mayer 66/1 who play tomorrow. Lurking in the semi finals is Nishkori/Goffin/Del Potro.

Can we put our faith in one of these three guys to give us a sweat. 1/2 odds each way for those with netbet.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/scores/current/basel/328/draws

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/atp-basel/swiss-indoors-basel/winner
Pages: 1 ... 8197 8198 8199 8200 [8201] 8202 8203 8204 8205 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: