blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 03:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273177 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8227 8228 8229 8230 [8231] 8232 8233 8234 8235 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13613249 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123450 on: November 12, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »

any South West London weather correspondents about? very wet this morning?

Been tipping down since 4am, still raining now, & very cold, overcast & miserable.

A Twickenham bet in mind, one assumes?

i like South Africa +10 in bad weather. South Africa play rugby, to quote one correspondent yesterday "like chess on steroids" bug lumbering forwards, kicking game, territory. unlikely to live with England in good weather but in bad weather its a leveller. ten point start in a muddy arm-wrestle looks good to me

i also like Argentina +5 (or 7/4 outright) a lot too. need to check if the roof is closed at Cardiff first. Argentina are great to watch. outscored Aus and SA in the rugby championship, scored 20+ points six times over the summer tests.

Wales have a couple of key players back (AWJ most important) but are still struggling to open their game out. have only won 4 of their last 16 autumn internationals and their much vaunted defense has come a cropper recently. leaked 25+ points in 6 of their last 7 internationals

maybe hector has an opinion?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123451 on: November 12, 2016, 11:40:08 AM »

For anybody who still has victor.  They are best priced and 6 places on some of the best horses in the 2.25 at cheltenham right now.   

Any suggestions Doobs?

Sorry, always busy on Saturdays.  A lot of the prices have hone now.

You could have got Frodon 9/1 6 places, which looked very good value.  I wouldn"t put you off at 8/1 6 places.

They are still best on Tarquin Du Seuil at 10/1.  You get betfair on starting price, so you effectively get 2 places for free.

Aso is probably fine too.  You get 14/1 vs 16/1 elsewhere.  But 2 extra places is big compensation for that.

It is hard to go very wrong with 6 places unless you go well below betfair on the win.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #123452 on: November 12, 2016, 11:40:55 AM »

Been tipping down since 4am, still raining now, & very cold, overcast & miserable.

i like South Africa +10 in bad weather. South Africa play rugby, to quote one correspondent yesterday "like chess on steroids" bug lumbering forwards, kicking game, territory. unlikely to live with England in good weather but in bad weather its a leveller. ten point start in a muddy arm-wrestle looks good to me

i also like Argentina +5 (or 7/4 outright) a lot too. need to check if the roof is closed at Cardiff first. Argentina are great to watch. outscored Aus and SA in the rugby championship, scored 20+ points six times over the summer tests.

Wales have a couple of key players back (AWJ most important) but are still struggling to open their game out. have only won 4 of their last 16 autumn internationals and their much vaunted defense has come a cropper recently. leaked 25+ points in 6 of their last 7 internationals

All that aside South Africa are never 4/1, couldn't bring myself to bet it but would if I was a neutral.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #123453 on: November 12, 2016, 11:46:53 AM »

looks wide at romford this morning from the very early results too early to know for sure but the way the wides and railers have run respectively would suggest so.  Heavy rain obviously overnight.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123454 on: November 12, 2016, 11:54:09 AM »

Please go ahead on the SA bet, & also Argentina if you are happy with the roof situation.

Unsurprisingly, hector has not posted on Fred for 2 weeks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123455 on: November 12, 2016, 11:57:45 AM »

Please go ahead on the SA bet, & also Argentina if you are happy with the roof situation.

Maybe it might be best to not start that again?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123456 on: November 12, 2016, 12:06:46 PM »

Maybe it might be best to not start that again?

No, it needs addressing, & I intend to do so. We have lost too many good regulars, & others are less inclined to post these days, & it's time to draw a line. We saw more of the same last weekend, but we won't see any more of it, I promise.

I'm busy right now, but will comment further later. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #123457 on: November 12, 2016, 12:45:52 PM »

looks wide at romford this morning from the very early results too early to know for sure but the way the wides and railers have run respectively would suggest so.  Heavy rain obviously overnight.

Early 'guess' seems spot on.  Nothing won out of 1 2 or 3 yet.  Only 1 t1 or t2 placed as well.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #123458 on: November 12, 2016, 01:34:47 PM »

Will get one last bet in before armageddon.

Think beg to differ has the right combination of cheltenham form, staying and youth to be a good price at 18/1 in the 1.50.

Suggest £25 e/w at that price with chorals.

Gl all.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123459 on: November 12, 2016, 01:37:49 PM »

There have been 180 posts on Fred in the last week. We often used to get that in a day.

There has been a marked lack of respect to other regulars by some, & this is driving regulars away, & we have lost too many good members.

Folks are scared to put up a discussion point lest they get challenged to put their money where their mouth is, "hu4rollz" style.

In the last few months, amongst others, some extremely loyal & good regulars have been lost to Fred, & in some cases blonde, due to the tone & attitude of a few.

Mere was a Godsend to Fred, & to blonde, but he's now history. All those comps he ran for us, all those folks he helped with spreadsheets.

Adzy, who can be a bit marmite, was nonetheless a great tipster, especially on NH & golf. He's gone AWOL now, & that's a real loss, whether we like him or not.

hector, who has recommended more bets than anyone here, & was nicely profitable, has not posted on Fred for 2 weeks. I have no idea if he has gone AWOL or will be back anytime soon. If he sticks up 500 or so bets - & he has (more than any other tipster here iirc)  - I daresay a few will be duds. That's not the end of the world. He is still profitable, even if some consider he is just lucky. Most of us enjoy his style.

So this morning 1 or 2 PM's have been sent, asking some individuals to show others a little respect, or, if they feel a need to challenge stuff, fine, but at least do it in a constructive manner, & without the need to make the same point hundreds of times.

Replies have been received already from at least 1, & the attitude in those replies has been good, & positive.

Just so we are clear, if anyone wants to get arsey, harass others, or just be plain rude, the posts will be removed & they will lose their posting rights without further notice. 

What is done is done, no point going over old ground, but we just need to be a bit more respectful to each other.

Feel free to PM Tighty or I if you want to debate this further. We don't want it on thread.

Thanks.

Now lets see if we can get the show back on the road, & maybe back a winner or two this afternoon.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123460 on: November 12, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »

Will get one last bet in before armageddon.

Think beg to differ has the right combination of cheltenham form, staying and youth to be a good price at 18/1 in the 1.50.

Suggest £25 e/w at that price with chorals.

Gl all.

There won't be any Armegeddon as if anything goes up OOL it will be removed. PM is the way.

I think Tighty is still around, but if he does not place that in the next half hour, I will.

Thanks.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123461 on: November 12, 2016, 01:47:27 PM »

restricted, but the only place we can do at 18/1

Beg To Differ Cheltenham 13:50 Winner
18/1 Each Way (4 Places at 1/4 Odds)
Total Stake: £27.80
Potential Returns: £340.55

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #123462 on: November 12, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »

A hugely entertaining qualifying session in Marrakesh.

Jean-Eric Vergne was fastest of the lot after the first four qualifying sessions and qualified for super pole. However, due to an operational error by Techeetah, Vergne completely missed his slot to leave the pits and didn't set a lap .. he'll start fifth. Bird starts 3rd.

There's a few drivers out of position on the grid, will be interesting to see the odds when they come back online. Sadly, the only market we'll have is race winner though, probably .. Sad

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123463 on: November 12, 2016, 02:16:58 PM »

Here is what we seem to have at Cheltenham this afternoon so far;

1.50 - Beg to Differ. (Is that ironic?). £14 EW @ 18/1.

2.25 (BMU Gold Cup) Beuvreil, £20 EW @ 14/1 & Aso, £25 EW @ 16/1

GL all.

PS - to avoid aftertiming, a very good judge gave me Stiletto earlier this week for BMU Gold Cup, so, rarely for me, I've had a little off-thread bet on that, too.

What price none of the 3 place? 

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123464 on: November 12, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »

We have plenty of interest in the BMU Gold Cup, but for those who's appetite is not yet sated, "Road to Riches", over on BE (Free to View) tips 2 for that race, too.

Pages: 1 ... 8227 8228 8229 8230 [8231] 8232 8233 8234 8235 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: