blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 12:49:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8312 8313 8314 8315 [8316] 8317 8318 8319 8320 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13575067 times)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #124725 on: January 12, 2017, 03:20:19 PM »

Cracking game in the big bash between the Melbourne Renegades and Hobart Hurricanes today, well worth watching the whole thing back if you've got a bit of spare time today.

Couldn't defend 222, so that means they need 2 wins and some results going there way to make the post season. Ante post bet likely to be a loser now,  3rd close game they've lost.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #124726 on: January 12, 2017, 03:55:47 PM »

Tal. Moves. Markets.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124727 on: January 12, 2017, 06:59:53 PM »

Dion Lewis is a Patriots Running back

The Patriots, as we know, are -15 at home to the Texans this weekend

Lewis is an all purpose shifty back, runs it, catches it out of the backfield, quick and a match up nightmare

He was injured for the first half of the season having had knee surgery in August. Indeed with a small frame he tends to be injury prone full stop. He returned to the line up in week 11 and was eased in. He has been scoreless since but has 9 Red zone touches (from the 20 yard line to the end zone) in the last 2 games, including 4 touches inside the opposing 10 yard line.

He has really been back to full go for three weeks. His 50 touches over the final three weeks of the regular season ranked second among Patriots skill players behind fellow running back LeGarrette Blount, who had 51. Yet in the betting markets he is ranked SEVENTH most likely Patriot to score a touchdown, and is even a longer rpice than a defensive Patriots touchdown

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/houston-texans-at-new-england-patriots/first-touchdown-scorer

look at the game logs

http://www.nfl.com/player/dionlewis/2495469/gamelogs

18,16,11 carries weeks 15-17 but the Pats did nothing with his major strength, receiving. 2,1,2 receptions across the three games

There is a theory that the Pats have been playing "rope-a-dope" with his receiving, about to cut him loose in the play offs now he's fit

why might this be?

a) the Texans number 1 ranked defense is tough get through in the middle and the game sets up for screens, short passes etc which is where Lewis comes in
b) LeGarrette Blount (who has scored 9 TDs in the 7 games that the Patriots have been -14 or larger this year) has missed practice on wednesday and thursday and might not get a full shift this weekend

This is really a value hunch. Blount is the obvious First TD candidate* but at 7/2 first and 8/13 anytime everyone knows this

Lewis' potential here has been ignored. you can get 22/1 First TD and 17/4 Bet365 only anytime TD

* Patriots at home. The argument that away sides will defer and give the other aside the ball first is long established. the away side then gets the ball start of second half when they can put in place half time adjustments and a proportion of  the crowd aren't back in their seats yet, so the noise is lower and an offense easier to run.

However the Patriots/Belicheck are one of the pioneers of deferring, even at home, so it may offset. Whereas normally a home team can be expected to get the ball first its a genuine coin flip here

In our favour, if the disappointing Osweiler and the anaemic Texans offense get the ball first and march down the field and score an offensive TD, then its a very diffierent type of game than the betting markets currently expect

Recommendation

Bet365 only (so we would need help to get on)

Dion Lewis, Texans at Patriots

£10 FTS 22/1
£20 Anytime 17/4
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 07:04:24 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124728 on: January 12, 2017, 07:09:19 PM »

Dion Lewis is a Patriots Running back

The Patriots, as we know, are -15 at home to the Texans this weekend

Lewis is an all purpose shifty back, runs it, catches it out of the backfield, quick and a match up nightmare

He was injured for the first half of the season having had knee surgery in August. Indeed with a small frame he tends to be injury prone full stop. He returned to the line up in week 11 and was eased in. He has been scoreless since but has 9 Red zone touches (from the 20 yard line to the end zone) in the last 2 games, including 4 touches inside the opposing 10 yard line.

He has really been back to full go for three weeks. His 50 touches over the final three weeks of the regular season ranked second among Patriots skill players behind fellow running back LeGarrette Blount, who had 51. Yet in the betting markets he is ranked SEVENTH most likely Patriot to score a touchdown, and is even a longer rpice than a defensive Patriots touchdown

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/houston-texans-at-new-england-patriots/first-touchdown-scorer

look at the game logs

http://www.nfl.com/player/dionlewis/2495469/gamelogs

18,16,11 carries weeks 15-17 but the Pats did nothing with his major strength, receiving. 2,1,2 receptions across the three games

There is a theory that the Pats have been playing "rope-a-dope" with his receiving, about to cut him loose in the play offs now he's fit

why might this be?

a) the Texans number 1 ranked defense is tough get through in the middle and the game sets up for screens, short passes etc which is where Lewis comes in
b) LeGarrette Blount (who has scored 9 TDs in the 7 games that the Patriots have been -14 or larger this year) has missed practice on wednesday and thursday and might not get a full shift this weekend

This is really a value hunch. Blount is the obvious First TD candidate* but at 7/2 first and 8/13 anytime everyone knows this

Lewis' potential here has been ignored. you can get 22/1 First TD and 17/4 Bet365 only anytime TD

* Patriots at home. The argument that away sides will defer and give the other aside the ball first is long established. the away side then gets the ball start of second half when they can put in place half time adjustments and a proportion of  the crowd aren't back in their seats yet, so the noise is lower and an offense easier to run.

However the Patriots/Belicheck are one of the pioneers of deferring, even at home, so it may offset. Whereas normally a home team can be expected to get the ball first its a genuine coin flip here

In our favour, if the disappointing Osweiler and the anaemic Texans offense get the ball first and march down the field and score an offensive TD, then its a very diffierent type of game than the betting markets currently expect

Recommendation

Bet365 only (so we would need help to get on)

Dion Lewis, Texans at Patriots

£10 FTS 22/1
£20 Anytime 17/4

Haven't done my write ups yet. But agree wholeheartedly with this bet. Very good pass rush should mean Brady dumping it off and Lewis is V.good. Was looking at the TD or yardage (yds aren't out yet)

engy

View Profile
« Reply #124729 on: January 12, 2017, 07:10:07 PM »

I'll do the 365 bet tighty
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124730 on: January 12, 2017, 07:13:14 PM »

I'll do the 365 bet tighty

They are both 365

but wait for the boss please

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
engy

View Profile
« Reply #124731 on: January 12, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »

Booked, TIkay was still a fiver in credit with me before this bet i think, I'll check later
engy

View Profile
« Reply #124732 on: January 12, 2017, 07:16:29 PM »

Ah well if he doesn't want them no problem I'll take them bud
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124733 on: January 12, 2017, 07:32:59 PM »

Oddschecker reckons you can get 22/1 FTS on paddy and betfair... If you couldn't get it on 365

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #124734 on: January 12, 2017, 08:35:21 PM »

Early days but with the weather outside at Henlow on RPGTV looks solid already.  Weather is chaos everywhere.  Romford and Hove already abandoned today and the weather at other evening meetings could easily be worth a watch for biases.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #124735 on: January 12, 2017, 10:08:49 PM »

huge outside bias at henlow.  Hope you have all made a few quid.

http://www.gbgb.org.uk/resultsMeeting.aspx?id=144979
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #124736 on: January 12, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »

t6 drifts from 3/1 to 8/1 on the machine and hoses up!  No idea which 'judge' thought that was a good lay on the bias!
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #124737 on: January 12, 2017, 11:43:46 PM »

Nick Goff has a column in the Racing Post from tomorrow. I know he's got a bit of a fan club here Wink
https://beta.racingpost.com/sport/sport-columnists/data-offers-punters-a-better-shot-at-success/271712
engy

View Profile
« Reply #124738 on: January 12, 2017, 11:47:39 PM »

Cheers Arb just caught the last at henlow
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #124739 on: January 12, 2017, 11:59:36 PM »

1st ODI tomorrow between Australia and Pakistan starts at 3.20am. Travis Head is down to open the batting and some bookies haven't adapted their markets to this news. Head is still 7/1 to be top Aussie bat and 16/1 to be MOTM in places, as low as 7/2 and 9/1 elsewhere. Small bets on both markets at these prices would be decent value.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/australia-v-pakistan/1st-odi/top-australia-batsman

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/australia-v-pakistan/1st-odi/man-of-the-match

Pages: 1 ... 8312 8313 8314 8315 [8316] 8317 8318 8319 8320 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: