blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:53:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8313 8314 8315 8316 [8317] 8318 8319 8320 8321 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13576167 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124740 on: January 13, 2017, 12:24:51 AM »

Ah well if he doesn't want them no problem I'll take them bud

We will take them please Mr Engy.

BOOKED.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #124741 on: January 13, 2017, 01:30:59 AM »

Nick Goff has a column in the Racing Post from tomorrow. I know he's got a bit of a fan club here Wink
https://beta.racingpost.com/sport/sport-columnists/data-offers-punters-a-better-shot-at-success/271712

Excellent column that.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #124742 on: January 13, 2017, 03:19:38 AM »

Australian Open Draw just came out. I was not interested in the men's draw so much with the two top seeds looking so solid. But the two top seeds in the ladies draw are looking very shaky. Serena lost her only match this season vs a low ranked player and didn't look too interested. Kerber has had two defeats against two players outside of the top ten where she didn't look too great either.

Let's take a look at the draw.

First thing to note is that Serena has drawn possibly the most dangerous unseeded player in the first round in Bencic. It won't get any easier as she is likely to face another dangerous unseeded player, Safarova in the next round. Also in this quarter are Konta and Wozniacki, two players whom I hoped for a favourable draw for. The other big seed is Cibulkova, but I won't be touching any of those three all in the same 8th of the draw and besides Konta's price has come in over the past few days as she has been tipped up.

Unfortunately for Kerber over in the top section she has drawn the talented Muguruza in her quarter, one of the toughest players from the 5-8 seeds. She also faces the dangerous Tsurenko in the first round and has Bouchard and Kasatkina in her section of the draw who on their day can be a problem. Murguruza herself seems to have a decent draw until the quarter finals but I can't bet her at such a short price as 10/1, particularly as she pulled out of her last match with a thigh injury. As for Kerber herself, obviously she did fantastically well last season but I don't think she is that much or indeed any better than some of the other players who are longer odds just below. She hit great form and ran well but I see a reversion to mean a possibility this season and those big titles last year make her too short here.

Another player I had my eye on was Aginieszka Radwanska. She is playing in the final in Sydney today vs Konta but hopefully won't be too tired from this week as she's won pretty straightforwardly in each match so far. Radwanska is a talented player, good on hard courts, third in the world, but has a reputation as a player who can't get it done in big matches. She hasn't won a grand slam and has an overall poor record in deciding sets. Her 0-10 record against Serena is also a factor in this. Tennis writer who I respect Dan Weston says she  has superb hold/break data - she has held serve 72.6% and broken opponents 50.6% on hard court in the last 12 months"

Her section is very managable with a fading Sam Stosur, a weak 15th seed in Vesnina and Cornet who had a great run in Brisbane but is not in the same class as Radwanska. In the quarter finals the problem would be Karolina Pliskova. The Czech looked excellent in sweeping to the title in Brisbane but the word is out and her overall odds tumbled for this tournament and she is now 8/1 third favourite.

Interestingly Radwanska has met Pliskova only twice, both last season (once on a hard court) winning in straight sets both times. Radwanska is currently widely available at 25/1 compared to the eights of Pliskova and I think I like that price for a player that has done well in Australia in the past (quarter final or better 5 out of the last 6 years)

The second quarter is by far the weakest. It has the highest priced of the top 4 seeds (Halep) and the highest priced of the 5-8 seeds (Kuznetsova), plus other seeds like Venus Williams (fading fast, in the twilight of her career), Kiki Bertens (terrible record on hard courts, bad loss this week with amazing draw).

Halep herself could be interesting at 12/1 but I'm not sure I can bring myself to trust her. Halep had a breakout year but has has done poorly in slams the past two years. Still this represents a great draw for her and an excellent chance of a run to the semi finals. But I'm happy to take her on a bit.

In the bottom half of this quarter is Elina Svitolina. The 11th seed has a favourable draw for her first two matches and a decent third round draw vs Pavlyuchenkova whom she beat last autumn. She then could face eighth seed Svetlana Kuznetsova (intriguing herself at 100/1) and then a meeting with Halep. It is an excellent draw for a player that put a good run of results together in the Asian hardcourt season last autumn. She beat number one ranked Kerber last week in Brisbane before losing to an inspired Pliskova. She needs to play her best but I think she is in a brilliant spot here and at 50/1 represents some each way value.

As for Kuznetsova. She is the eighth seed but is priced all the way at 100/1. The veteran player has two Grand Slam titles and returned to the top ten last season, even making it to the semi finals of the season finale in Singapore. Is she good enough to win another slam? Its possible if she plays her best and I think that price is just a bit too high in a very weak section. She has had a couple of disappointing results in warm up matches, but we can hope that leaves her a little more well rested. She is a gutsy player who thrives in tight matches

Kuznetsova could face Svitolina in the last 16 but getting a 50/1 plus player through to the last 8 would be a good sweat so I'm happy to take an interest in them both.

Recommended bets (these are the three ladies I bet myself)
Agnieszka Radwanska £15ew at 25/1
Elina Svitolina £10ew 50/1
Svetlana Kuznetsova £5ew at 100/1

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/australian-open/womens/winner

Prices could be gone in the morning as the draw filters though or if Radwanska wins tonight.

Would love to hear other opinions and of course I don't mind if Fred does or doesn't bet on this, but I had some time spare so fancied doing a write up.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:40:47 AM by bergeroo » Logged
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #124743 on: January 13, 2017, 05:02:57 AM »

Nice write up here predicting semi finals for Svitolina. I really like her at 50s
http://www.live-tennis.com/category/australian-open/australian-open-2017-womens-draw-preview-20170113-0001/
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #124744 on: January 13, 2017, 06:05:50 AM »

Nick Goff has a column in the Racing Post from tomorrow. I know he's got a bit of a fan club here Wink
https://beta.racingpost.com/sport/sport-columnists/data-offers-punters-a-better-shot-at-success/271712

Excellent column that.

There has been money for Accrington  thru the week so I guess some of the footy syndicates are on.

I find it interesting now looking at some of the footy gambles as I do speak to quite a few punters that run their own rankings/ratings and goal/shots on goal allocation models and they treat their system with absolute secrecy. Most of us worked together in the past and for all the talk  (and tbh its so boring I try to dodge it if I can) is about ratings and shot on targets stats and what Tony Bloom is doing etc but none of them could convert that info into actual prices.

They know which teams in match ups have the shots on target edge and they bet accordingly but this is now such a well known angle I'm starting to wonder if they are betting these match ups that favour teams strongly at whatever price is left after the syndicates. It's more follow on punting than their own view. What struck me is that all seemed to end up on similar teams and I'm of the opinion these lads are mainly following moves than having any major angles re shots on goal stats now. They just want to be on the side the syndicates are on.

One of the long standing bookies in Sheffield that also stands at the dog track told me a couple of years ago he was making 1-2% a year on betting Asian hcaps on the other side of the syndicate gambles at the prices they end up at kick off. His thinking being that there are so many follow onners that run ' lol systems' ' lol rankings' etc that are just copying the movers that the prices move too far because it appears that many people are betting the same sides. In truth its mainly all follow on money when the real syndicates have already bet. I expect Keith and Arboy know plenty of these lads that run models too and I would bet that most of them are industry/ex industry types that are still privvy to the info on who is betting these teams but not why they are being backed.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if  Accrington have been bet by some respected footy punters and the follow onners forcing the price from 15/8 early on to 7/5 now. He has then used that info to make them his selection and buffed up the article with some shots on goal and personal rankings stuff.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:27:45 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #124745 on: January 13, 2017, 06:15:24 AM »

Goff is no longer at Coral, left a few months back. Not currently working for a firm as far as I am aware.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #124746 on: January 13, 2017, 06:17:19 AM »

Goff is no longer at Coral, left a few months back. Not currently working for a firm as far as I am aware.

Tx Olliie, I better edit that bit then. Do you know why he left?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:23:02 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #124747 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:44 AM »

I'm not sure. Just remember him mentioning it on Twitter at the time.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #124748 on: January 13, 2017, 07:52:45 AM »

Maybe HE was the one responsible for employing their Cricket odds compiler (eg Total match sixes).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #124749 on: January 13, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »

Johanna Konta is flying right now.

Seems we have likely missed the boat in the Australian Open, and the draw hasn't been kind.

There must be value in the 66/1 at wimbledon and 33/1 US Open where the draw is likely going to be better.  Guess she isn't that great on grass hence the discrepency.  Each way obv.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124750 on: January 13, 2017, 11:26:08 AM »

Seems we have likely missed the boat in the Australian Open, and the draw hasn't been kind.

There must be value in the 66/1 at wimbledon and 33/1 US Open where the draw is likely going to be better.  Guess she isn't that great on grass hence the discrepency.  Each way obv.

Konta will equal her career high ranking of 9 next week. She has more ranking points than anyone else in 2017

what sort of bets do you want?

tikay's accounts couldn't get 66/1 Wmbledon but bet365 can

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/womens/womens-wimbledon-2017/winner

same story with the 33 at the US

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/us-open/womens/womens-us-open/winner

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #124751 on: January 13, 2017, 11:42:59 AM »

Konta will equal her career high ranking of 9 next week. She has more ranking points than anyone else in 2017

what sort of bets do you want?

tikay's accounts couldn't get 66/1 Wmbledon but bet365 can

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/womens/womens-wimbledon-2017/winner

same story with the 33 at the US

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/us-open/womens/womens-us-open/winner

25 e/w us open.  15 e/w wimbledon abailable if you want it. 

Not sure most points this year counts for much 2 weeks in. 

Have you been paying attention to the golf?  There is a new kid in town, or maybe two.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124752 on: January 13, 2017, 11:52:42 AM »

ok we will take those two then

haven't looked at any golf this year. Its NFL/Rugby/winter tour cricket time for me

who should we be looking at?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #124753 on: January 13, 2017, 12:05:04 PM »

The new kid's a monster who was on the same college team as Spieth.

Not really a monster actually - only 5'10" and 10st 5lbs - but still averages 300+yards off the tee.

Won last week and opened with a 59 yesterday.

While we're on the subject there's a golfer called Schietekat playing in SA and I'm wondering how that might be pronounced..

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #124754 on: January 13, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »

The new kid's a monster who was on the same college team as Spieth.

Not really a monster actually - only 5'10" and 10st 5lbs - but still averages 300+yards off the tee.

Won last week and opened with a 59 yesterday.

While we're on the subject there's a golfer called Schietekat playing in SA and I'm wondering how that might be pronounced..

In the Germanic languages, an ie is normally pronounced "ee", with ei pronounced "eye".

So...

SHEE-teh-KAT

Or it could be

SKEE-teh-KAT

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 8313 8314 8315 8316 [8317] 8318 8319 8320 8321 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: